Author Topic: Pressure Washers  (Read 956 times)

Offline FastWalk

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Pressure Washers
« on: October 01, 2018, 11:05:21 PM »
Pressure Washer,   ship from outside or buy it local?  Are good ones available?

Lazada looks like all small electric ones.

Thanks for any info.

Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Offline David690

• Sr Member
Re: Pressure Washers
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 11:51:17 AM »

Thanks for any info.

Just to point out that the voltage/frequency here will probably be different from wherever you're shipping from.  Having said that I did bring my Karcher with me, 240v 50Hz.  The frequency is different from the 60Hz here in Philippines, but I reckon that as it isn't being used a lot, it won't affect its longevity too much.
Londoner at heart

Offline FastWalk

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 10:52:15 AM »
Just to point out that the voltage/frequency here will probably be different from wherever you're shipping from.  Having said that I did bring my Karcher with me, 240v 50Hz.  The frequency is different from the 60Hz here in Philippines, but I reckon that as it isn't being used a lot, it won't affect its longevity too much.

Thats a good point,  I did not think about the voltage thing.  I'll probably send a gas powered one.
Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 12:25:28 PM »

Thanks for any info.

Bosch sells in the PHL through Lazada.  https://www.lazada.com.ph/shop/bosch-power-tools-by-aad/?spm=a2o4l.home.search.1.239e6ef0ybramZ&_keyori=ss&from=suggest_sis&sis_suggestion_click=Bosch%20Flagship%20Store%2Cbosch&sugg=bosch_0_1

Offline Frosty

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 11:52:56 PM »
it depends on how and where you are going to use it, the gas are the way to go if electricity is not available.
there are some good electric ones if you are going to be where electricity is available.
I have a gas one and the biggest problem is they make a lot of noise and I can't use them inside the shop because of the exhaust.   

Offline Colin

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
  • Living in Puerto Princesa, Palawan
    • The Philippine Journal
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 05:21:41 PM »
Frequency differences are usually only a problem with equipment that use clocks/timers that synchronise with the mains frequency such as bread makers. We bought ours from an Australian company that makes and distributes a special version for the Philippines. I believe that washing machines may use synchronase motors but it is unlikely that anyone would want to import one of those, although it has been done.
Colin
Puerto Princesa, Palawan & London, UK

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 06:02:12 PM »
Frequency differences are usually only a problem with equipment that use clocks/timers that synchronise with the mains frequency such as bread makers. We bought ours from an Australian company that makes and distributes a special version for the Philippines. I believe that washing machines may use synchronase motors but it is unlikely that anyone would want to import one of those, although it has been done.

Colin.

Guilty M'Lud! Well sort of!  :) :)

In 2011 we shipped, as part of the 30/40/50 balikbayan boxes (I lost count, but the missus didn't LOL!) from Oman, a 4 month old Samsung fully automatic, front loading washing machine. It's been in constant use, about 3 times a week on average, touch wood, ever since.

It survived the man-made flood when engineers blew the Pampanga MegaDyke to avoid potential flooding of Angeles. That action flooded most of southern and western  Pampanga and all of eastern Bataan instead. President Aquino came a visiting here and said it would never happen again. Well it wouldn't would it? There ain't no MegaDyke any more LOL! He had words with those responsible and some dam (or should it be damn) managers were in very hot water with the Ombudsman department.

The machine floated on its back for 3 days in our dirty kitchen/laundry room. When the water drained away enough, I washed it out with a low pressure hose, left it to dry for about 4 weeks, then did some TCL on the electronics and wiring.

The washing machines available at that time that we looked at, were all electronic controlled, 220/240V, 50/60Hz rating, not with old "clockwork style" frquency division  motor controllers.
We also have an LG bread maker, which is 220/240V, 50/60Hz rating as well, but as there is a bakery about 200 metres away and the boy cycles along at 5 in the morning with fresh pandesal, the missus doesn't use it any more.

Peter
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog