Author Topic: Never again  (Read 616 times)

Offline codefreeze

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Never again
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2019, 11:10:13 PM »
My daughter and son-in-law used Emirates last year. EK 306 Newcastle to Dubai, EK 338 Dubai to Clark.They booked 5 months in advance, paid just over GPB 1,000 for both, round trip including taxes etc., etc. and had 30 kgs baggage allowance each.

They were well pleased with the food, the seats and the legroom (he's 6'2") in economy.

Flight EK 338, DXB - CRK, was via Cebu/Mactan with about 30 minutes on the ground there. It was a "round trip" sort of flight. DBX - Cebu - CRK - DBX.

All the flights were on time, with only 3 hours between flights in Dubai coming this way and about 6 hours going back.

They are seasoned air travellers and gave Emirates top marks on this route. They plan to fly Emirates to CRK again next year.

Hope this helps.

Peter

Thanks Peter good to know. We flew Emirates to Dubai from LHR and it was great. Dubai is sort of half way between LHR and MNL so we are considering doing 6 hours or so in economy, a couple of days in Dubai, and then onward flight in economy. 6 hours with reasonable leg room is better than 12 hours with a seat I can't use.

Offline codefreeze

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Never again
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2019, 11:11:19 PM »
When we moved to the Philippines from the UK many years ago, we made a 3 day stopover in Dubai. This gave around a maximum flight time of 8 hours. Thinking of trying that again.

Yeah, I think that is a VERY good idea.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog