Author Topic: Any good expat blogs?  (Read 963 times)

Offline codefreeze

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Any good expat blogs?
« on: March 06, 2019, 12:38:13 AM »
Hey, I'm wondering if anyone can recommend decent expat blogs? Keen to read how those who live full/part-time in Philippines are finding the experience. Do any of the contributors here maintain blogs? Thanks!

Offline Colin

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
  • Living in Puerto Princesa, Palawan
    • The Philippine Journal
Re: Any good expat blogs?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 05:07:28 PM »
I have a website (listed on my profile). Not sure  if I can recommend it😁. It started as a way to describe the building of my house in Puerto Princesa but grew to include more about the Philippines then my personal life. I then decided that I should convert it to my autobiography which I am slowly doing now. It is a 'work in progress', but maybe you can find something of interest there 😉

Colin
Colin
Puerto Princesa, Palawan & London, UK

Offline codefreeze

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 07:56:34 PM »
I have a website (listed on my profile). Not sure  if I can recommend it😁. It started as a way to describe the building of my house in Puerto Princesa but grew to include more about the Philippines then my personal life. I then decided that I should convert it to my autobiography which I am slowly doing now. It is a 'work in progress', but maybe you can find something of interest there 😉

Colin

Hey Colin, good to see a fellow Brit here. Thanks for that - very interesting blog. Was just reading your story there but will dig deeper later. Interesting hobbies too - I would love to get into sailing!

I have also been working on a memoir of my time in South East Asia. I found it hard - I ended up with lots of vignettes but no narrative backbone!

If you need a reviewer or anyone to bounce ideas off please ping me.

Offline Colin

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
    • The Philippine Journal
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 11:51:38 PM »
Hey Colin, good to see a fellow Brit here. Thanks for that - very interesting blog. Was just reading your story there but will dig deeper later. Interesting hobbies too - I would love to get into sailing!

I have also been working on a memoir of my time in South East Asia. I found it hard - I ended up with lots of vignettes but no narrative backbone!

If you need a reviewer or anyone to bounce ideas off please ping me.

Hi CF, I am working on my laptop for my memoirs, but going to the website ocasionally to try to rearange it to incorperate the extra information. Like you, I find it difficult to produce a reasonable theme  :(. Maybe I will start a new free site, or get around to producing my own paid site. I am collecting old family photos at the moment and will need to enhance them before I can use them. I will also need to do some research into the family tree.

Colin
Colin

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 02:41:04 AM »
Colin, Welcome back.
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Offline Colin

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
    • The Philippine Journal
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 04:59:31 AM »
Colin

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 03:59:59 PM »
Good to see you are still kicking the tires Colin  :D :D
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline Travelling Bob

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 08:31:28 AM »
It is good to see you back Colin. Looking forward to reading more of your comments.

Bob

Offline Colin

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
    • The Philippine Journal
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 05:18:21 PM »
It is good to see you back Colin. Looking forward to reading more of your comments.

Bob
If I had known I was so popular I would have returned sooner 😏😀😃.
I could continue  the long running  series (more than 43 episodes) of my house build posts, but all but number 1 now belong to 'guest' and there does not seem to be any way to add to them.
Colin

Offline Lookio

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 04:05:37 AM »
There are plenty, just google "expat in Philippines" and you will get plenty. Several articles about real estate in Philippines and other useful information. Sometimes people put interesting comments and opinions about there like in this country. Can be worth a look too.

Edit by Steve (Admin): Sorry but no links allowed until you hit Senior Member which is 50 real posts. Other than that, welcome to the forum.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 04:11:30 AM by Steve & Myrlita »

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog