Author Topic: NSO raises document fees  (Read 1782 times)

NSO raises document fees
« on: May 02, 2008, 02:43:48 PM »
Copied from ABS-CBN today.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=116748

NSO raises document fees

The National Statistics Office raised fees for all certificates issued to the public by an average of P15 per copy effective May 1.

But with May 1 being an official holiday because of the celebration of International Labor Day, the new rates will be implemented starting the next working day, which is Friday, May 2.

According to the NSO, the additional fee will represent payment for documentary stamp tax on each certified and authenticated copy of birth, marriage and death certificates.

It will also cover issuance of certificate of no marriage record effective May 1, the agency said.

\"[The new fees are] in compliance with Sections 173 and 188 of the Tax Code and Revenue Memorandum Order No. 13-2008 dated March 31, 2008,\" NSO said.

The agency added that applications filed through the Batch Request Query System are also subject to the additional fee.  The system links civil registry document requests to the Civil Registration System through e-mail.

With the collection of the documentary stamp tax, the cost of the issuance of birth, marriage or death certificate will increase from P125 to P140 per copy.

The fee for the issuance of certificate of no marriage record will also be raised fro P180 to P195.

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
Re: NSO raises document fees
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 10:54:13 AM »
My wife & I spent 6 hours yesterday in line at NSO to get a birth cert for our nephew to re-enroll him back in school and we still won\'t get it until 05/09 not to mention the higher fee. What gets me is there is no number system like many other agencies. They make you keep moving to the next seat as everyone ahead of you advances and gets served. Try getting up & down for 6 hours outside in the heat. Unreal! Welcome to the RP!
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 11:14:35 AM »
My wife & I spent 6 hours yesterday in line at NSO to get a birth cert for our nephew to re-enroll him back in school and we still won\'t get it until 05/09 not to mention the higher fee. What gets me is there is no number system like many other agencies. They make you keep moving to the next seat as everyone ahead of you advances and gets served. Try getting up & down for 6 hours outside in the heat. Unreal! Welcome to the RP!

Steve & Myrilita,

If this is for a COPY why don\'t you use the NSO website to get it. So easy, efficient & a world class service. See my post:

http://livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?topic=226.0

Offline BenK

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 08:20:39 PM »
They also have a program through Metrobank (costs a little more, but I think the convenience is worth it) where you can pay the fee at any branch, have it sent to you LBC. Used it a couple times, works really well, takes two-three days max.
That\'s not chicken.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog