Author Topic: Orchids & other Philippine Plants and Flowers  (Read 11683 times)

Re: Orchids & other Philippine Plants and Flowers
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 05:58:31 AM »
They are all great pics. guys.  Just want to add some bulak.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline John Amend-All

• Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 10:01:09 AM »
Marie

Good to see you posting again. Do you ever cross the border to Holland and visit the tulip fields in spring? Probably the best bulaklaks in the world.

Here are a couple more. An orchid that is not lilac,

And this thing was enormous, if you are used to British butterflies and moths. It must have been 6 inches across the wingtips. I wonder if it was an Atlas Moth, the largest there is.

John

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 08:15:55 PM »
Thanks John, nice shots. Yes, been there for a couple of times and took a lot of photos. But I was having computer problem before and all those great Holland buwak/bulak photos are gone.  I will surely go back there to meet those lovely flowers again.  But it\'s not Philippine flowers ha.  So I guess I can\'t post it here.

Anyway, here\'s gumamela/hibiscus we have a lot of like this in Philippines with different colors red, yellow, pink & white, sometimes a combination of red & white or red & yellow.

Offline Manila Cockney

• Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2008, 05:06:59 PM »
Some photos of orchids and one bouganvile from the garden. Many other varieties of flowers in the garden.

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2008, 05:18:51 PM »
Some photos of orchids and one bouganvile from the garden. Many other varieties of flowers in the garden.

Hi MC,

you have some really nice plants, but Photos 3 & 4 are a little large when clicked :)

Colin

Offline Manila Cockney

• Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2008, 05:49:11 PM »

Hi MC,

you have some really nice plants, but Photos 3 & 4 are a little large when clicked :)

Colin

Its the first time I have posted any photos. It took me long enough to work out how to get it below 150. If using photoshop what do you suggest optimum settings for posting is.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2008, 08:43:15 PM »

Its the first time I have posted any photos. It took me long enough to work out how to get it below 150. If using photoshop what do you suggest optimum settings for posting is.

MC,

Pictures should be 150kb or less & size should be roughly 800 x 600.  If you use PhotoBucket as your source, pics will be automatically resized when you use the clickable thumbnail option.  Or at least that\'s the rumor.   ;D

Louisville, KY USA

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2008, 09:11:35 PM »

Hi MC,

Colin

If you are using Photoshop, first reduce the size to no more than 800 on the longest side then use File>Save for Web and Devices, you then choose the smallest picture that looks OK. This option does strip the exif data but that is not important for posting to the forum. However, I would recommend using Photobucket, it is a lot easier and instructions are in the Photo board.

Colin

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2008, 02:02:24 AM »
The Philippine National Flower sampaguita

Offline chrry_saine

• Sr Member
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2008, 02:11:24 AM »

It brings back memories, that\'s for sure  :D simbang gabi...and Quiapo church....lovely sampaguita......
Understanding is deeper than knowledge....

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2008, 02:14:05 AM »

It brings back memories, that\'s for sure  :D simbang gabi...and Quiapo church....lovely sampaguita......

Right Cherry  :) & also the Ylang Ylang flower.

Offline chrry_saine

• Sr Member
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2008, 02:17:52 AM »

Right Cherry  :) & also the Ylang Ylang flower.
Yap ,you can\'t bet the combination... ;D  ;D
Understanding is deeper than knowledge....

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2008, 06:10:19 AM »

My Aunt\'s bahay kubo. She loves orchids  :)

Offline John Amend-All

• Sr Member
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2008, 09:28:58 PM »
Right Cherry & also the Ylang Ylang flower.

We have one of those. Not much to look at, but a wonderful scent.

and this is a hibiscus, similar to the one Marie uploaded. I have seen an all-yellow version in town and we are hoping to beg a cutting.

This one is hibiscus aso! Because our beloved doggy died and we buried him in the lawn and planted the flower  above him.

And a bougainvillea.

John

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2008, 01:17:57 AM »
John,

Gumamela/hibiscus are same.  The last one is bugambilia, in cebu we call it bombil. 

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog