Author Topic: The Ticket Out/ visa requirement  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Scott C.

The Ticket Out/ visa requirement
« on: January 10, 2008, 10:09:38 PM »
Hi, To fulfill entry visa requirements when entering the RP a non-citizen needs to have either a return or forward ticket out of the country. Since I plan on staying in the RP I have a one way ticket. What is the most economical way to fulfill the exit rule bearing in mind I am in the U.S. and need to bring this ticket with me ? I will be applying for 2 month Visa extension (21 and 39 days) when I arrive. What is the least expensive ticket that will fulfill this requirement ?
  Thank you, Scott
If you can\'t explain it simply, you don\'t understand it enough.                  A. Einstein

Offline sangiorgio

Re: The Ticket Out/ visa requirement
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 10:34:59 PM »
When you arrive at the airport with only a one way ticket, your least concern will be getting the 59 day visa.   If you arrive with a round trip or continue on, your passport will be stamped for a 21 day stay.  You then will have to apply for the 59 day visa, which means you will be able to stay for a total of 59 days from your arrival.  You then can apply for an extension of another 59 days.  If you plan on staying longer, I suggest you do some research into other types of visas available to you for longer stays.   All that being said, I suggest you do not arrive here with only a one-way ticket.

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 01:52:05 AM »
When you arrive at the airport with only a one way ticket, your least concern will be getting the 59 day visa.   If you arrive with a round trip or continue on, your passport will be stamped for a 21 day stay.  You then will have to apply for the 59 day visa, which means you will be able to stay for a total of 59 days from your arrival.  You then can apply for an extension of another 59 days.  If you plan on staying longer, I suggest you do some research into other types of visas available to you for longer stays.   All that being said, I suggest you do not arrive here with only a one-way ticket.

This is not quite the way it works.

If you intend to remain longer than 21 days, the Philippine Bureau of Immigration says that you MUST obtain a visa before you come.
http://www.gov.ph/faqs/visa.asp
It makes good sense to get a visa before you go.  It\'s cost is $30 and you\'ll be given a 59 day visa to stay when you enter.  If you land without a visa you will be given one for 21 days when you arrive, but then you\'ll need to extend it.  It\'s first extension of 38 days will cost the equivalent of ~$49.  Ether way, you\'ll still have to get 2 month extensions until you depart.

If you are arriving as a visitor, you are required to be carrying an ongoing ticket.  Even if BI fails to ask to see it when you enter, your airline will check before you depart.  Those who have been flying to the Philippines without visas in their passports must have an ongoing ticket dated to show that they intend to stay no longer than 21 days.  Airlines have been stopping passengers from boarding without properly dated outbound tickets.  If you have a visa in your passport, the ongoing date of the ticket doesn\'t matter.  Some buy the cheapest outbound ticket they can find and throw it away.  Others buy ongoing tickets that can be refunded after they arrive. 

Happy trip!

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 11:31:15 AM »
Scott try these links for a cheap one way ticket out of the RP.

http://www.airasia.com/

http://www.tigerairways.com/

Just priced for February departure Clark to Kota Kinabalu on Air Asia and it looks to be about $75.  Pretty much the same for Tiger, Clark to Macau.
Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog