Author Topic: Showing Respect for Filipinas  (Read 8184 times)

Offline TCummings8

Showing Respect for Filipinas
« on: August 16, 2008, 06:59:17 AM »
Usually I don\'t get too overly incensed about other peoples ignorance or bigotry, however, since many of us in this community are either retired military or have served a tour in the armed forces I\'m going to climb on my soap box for a minute and throw in my 2 centavos on a topic that is seriously ticking me off. There is a website called Together We Served, it has sites for Army, Navy, Marine, etc... and you can make contact with old shipmates and friends you have lost contact with. By in large it is a very good site and has some great services. There is an ongoing post about having liberty in Olongapo City over the years and the term \"LBFM\" keeps coming up, for those that may not know what it means it is an extremely vulgar acronym for Little Brown Fu***** Machines. I find it extremely offensive and have challenged the administrator at NTWS to justify to me why he can censor anything to do with obscenities, ethnic slurs, prejudices, bigotry, misogyny, political incorrectness, or anything remotely or mildly insensitive but it is perfectly acceptable to demean, denigrate, ostracize, and completely disrespect any lady who may be of Asian descent or have brown skin. Perhaps I\'m getting very cranky in my old age, but I have a deep respect and love for my Filipina who has been by my side for 35 years and will go to GQ in a microsecond with anyone who refers to her, any other relatives, friends wives, or the local lady at the corner store in that manner. If you visit that site, please sound off, if I\'m wrong and being too sensitive, try to make me aware of what I\'m lacking.
Thanks,
Bear
Those of you who think you know everything are very annoying to those of us who do.

Re: Showing Respect for Filipinas
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 07:22:20 AM »
I know I speak for Jack as well, when I say - use language or acronyms like that on this forum & we would after a warning & post edit, kick your sorry butt out of here!

Offline michael16136

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 08:46:46 AM »
It\'s a term I\'ve heard before, and often, when referring to Filipinas and other SE Asian women. It\'s repugnant, and ought never be tolerated in speech or in writing and represents just another attempt to demean and objectify and entire people. I guess the hate mongers everywhere just need an outlet for their bile.

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 08:55:39 AM »
It\'s a term I\'ve heard before, and often, when referring to Filipinas and other SE Asian women. It\'s repugnant, and ought never be tolerated in speech or in writing and represents just another attempt to demean and objectify and entire people. I guess the hate mongers everywhere just need an outlet for their bile.

Could it also explain some of the newspaper headlines \"**** national murdered\"? If they use that kind of language around Pinoy drinking buddies.....
::)

Offline imtheredrum

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 09:37:09 AM »
Can\'t agree more...with all posts... especially Bear\'s.... ;)
..                                \ \ \ | / / /
..                                  ( @ @~)
Jeff & Ritz  -----o00o-(. .)-o00o-----

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 10:14:16 AM »
Yes, I\'ve heard the term before.  It is repulsive, sickening and ugly.  Unfortunately some men view Pinay\'s this way.  There are those who think they can visit the RP and have a great sex tour.  Asian women are objectified and viewed only as instruments to achieve sexual pleasure.  After which they can easily be discarded and replaced by another.  It is a very low individual who thinks this way.  Personally I would love to eradicate them but there\'s always the rub of getting caught doing so. 

Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

Offline John Amend-All

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 10:21:43 AM »
Good for you, Bear. I agree 100% and I am sure everyone else who posts here will, as well.

That being so, may I suggest we change the title of the thread, perhaps to something like \"Showing disrespect for Filipinas\"?

John

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 10:30:39 AM »
I have never heard of this before now and I must say that it is nothing less than disgusting. These idiots that do this have the same mentality as Neo Nazis have about the super race. I also wish I could eradicate them but that\'s OK. God is waiting for them.
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 10:33:11 AM »
John, I agree and out of respect for all Filipinas I\'ve changed the thread topic to read \"Showing Respect for Filipinas\".  Bear, I hope you don\'t mind, pare.

I feel much the same as you, Bro Bear.  I\'m afraid I wouldn\'t be able to restrain myself if anyone showed such disrespect in my presence, and especially if it was directed towards my lovely, educated and hard working asawa.  I\'m think I might have to take my chances and punch out the jerks lights for the evening.  I\'ve done it before and I believe I still have one or two left in me.  I ain\'t that old yet!  Such disrespect is just not going to be tolerated in my presence. 

Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline TCummings8

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 10:50:52 AM »
I have no problem at all with the renaming of this topic. If that other website had not made me so angry perhaps I would have used a more appropriate title. I tried to get an honest discussion and answer to why the NTWS website felt it was an acceptable acronym but instead of receiving a reply a \"lock\" was placed on the thread in order to prevent any further discussion. If the urge should strike, please contact NTWS.com (Navy Together We Served) and ask the administrator how such a bigoted and vile description is allowed to remain and be used while any other ethnic slur is considered taboo and politically incorrect.
Bear
Those of you who think you know everything are very annoying to those of us who do.

Offline BenK

• Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 12:06:10 PM »
My guess is that the troglodyte attitude doesn\'t stop with just Filipinas...I hadn\'t heard of this site before, but I know of a couple groups/forums that sound a lot like this, i.e., an embarassment to the entire Western hemisphere. Personally, I wouldn\'t hesitate to feed one of these jackasses his own teeth if he even so much as looked at any member of the fairer gender in anything less than an appreciatively respectful way in my presence.

Ironically, the only time that ever happened since I\'ve been here, it was a Filipino guy who got a little smart around my wife. And he did the sensible thing and left quickly, once he realized I was a foot taller than him and probably outweighed him by about 80 pounds.
That\'s not chicken.

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 01:27:36 AM »
     Just to be fair, the attitude that phrase expresses is not confined just to ex-GIs who were stationed in Asia. I encounter it from some European tourists everytime I go to Thailand or the Philippines. As stated above, it objectifies Asian women and depicts them as less than human.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 02:12:15 AM »
Randy, the attitude you describe is becoming typical of many visitors who visit the Philippines.  They look down on all Asians and think with their little heads in their dealing with Filipinas.

I believe it was on this Forum that we had a thread talking about the actions of some visitors who were throwing their weight and money around one of the local markets and being abusive, arrogant and obnoxious with one or more of the girls who worked there.  They were lucky to have been allowed to leave the market with their manhood intact.   If it weren\'t for the non-confrontational mindset of the locals, those guys would have been sent away in an ambulance.

Some of the visitors I\'ve witnessed during my visits made me so angry I could have bitten iron nails into pieces.  It\'s only a matter of time before I get in some jerk\'s face and give him a lesson he won\'t soon forget.  To hell with the consequences afterwards.
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline stillbilly2002

• Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 03:50:59 AM »
Its no wonder some expiates live among the locals and make themselves a home , away from all foreigners , if they wanted to live around a bunch of knuckle heads they would
 have stayed in their home countries ;D stillbilly2002

Offline Evan

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 04:44:01 AM »
I don\'t understand. Or may be I\'m blind! I went to this site, I can\'t see anything about what we are talking here, i must sign up to read more, so please, help me to find out what is all about, as a former paratrooper (Not in the US) I might have something to say. Thanks.