Author Topic: Re: The Thread Was Getting to Us  (Read 8445 times)

Offline imtheredrum

• Sr Member
Re: The Thread Was Getting to Us
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2008, 10:13:23 PM »
Well...... I went right to my trusted source again.

I asked the wife:  If you had to call your country by two letters what would it be?

First reply:  Philippines

I said no honey, only two letters.

Next reply:  Pinas

I again said no honey, only TWO letters.

She said “PL”.  \"I don’t know\".  Then followed with, \"I don’t know honey, I never before use just 2 letters\".

Now she only has 40 years in country so maybe not a good person to ask. 

I then said how about RP.  And she gave me a wierd look and said \'why dat letter honey?\"

Got a good laugh out of that one... I conferred with my asawa about the \"problem that some have in this group about PI\"... she says that after 45 years, she has never heard of anyone on any island being offended by the use of PI.  Infact... it is common place here.  Then she asked if the guy insisting on RP lives here and what\'s his problem! LMAO
..                                \ \ \ | / / /
..                                  ( @ @~)
Jeff & Ritz  -----o00o-(. .)-o00o-----

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2008, 12:38:17 AM »
Thats funny.
With all the hullaballoo, I asked my wife too.
She replied \"who cares\"...LOL :D

Seems the only ones that are worried about it are some uptight white people.
Take your cue from RUFUS.
Relax, take a deep breath, and enjoy a RedHorse... lol

As stillbilly said somewhere else on the forum

\"peace,   :) why dont you guys pick up the phone if you live too far away and talk on a higher level? how embarassing to listen
 to this interacting  while their are so many other things we can talk about , people are hungry and people are fighting and struggling to survive in war zones , and we have the balls to worry about our egos.  Oh  I know, its not possible I could be right. stillbilly2002\"

OMG... I need to quit drinking...stillbilly is starting to make sense ;)  (sorry, just pokin fun at ya stillbillysan)
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2008, 07:20:31 AM »
This THREAD is starting to get to me! 
 :o :o ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) :D :) :P :P :P :P :-* :D :D   :-\\ :-\\ :\'( :\'( :-[ :-[ :o :o 8) 8)
(pick a smiley that fits)

Y\'all can call it whatEVER you want to. Frankly, Scarlet, I don\'t give a damn!
(doing his best Clark Gable impression)   8)

Aerosick posted a great link.  Did anyone read it besides me?  Personally I saw several names that would have worked better for me, but then again, it ain\'t my country!   ;D ;D

How \'bout we call this thread, or at least this portion dealing with acronyms, nicknames, synonyms, phonics, ebonics or anything else, Closed for the foreseeable future?  Would that get anyone\'s knickers in a twist?  As for me, I\'m simply not going to buy into this discussion any further.  It serves no purpose, as those who wish to call a rose by any other name, will simply do so, come hell or high water.   >:(

Rufus has the best idea...a cold Red Horse!  Maybe that will calm everyone\'s testosterone levels down just an itty bitty bit.   ;D ;D ;D

Bye y\'all!
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2008, 09:03:54 AM »
Jack wrote;
Frankly, Scarlet, I don\'t give a damn! 

I wholeheartedly concur.  This thread has deteriorated to where people are attacking the messenger now without offering anything constructive.  So, go ahead guys, it\'s not bothering me if you call the country PI.  I\'ll just smile, shake my head and go on my way.  Y\'all have fun now, hear?

So sayeth a not uptight white guy who does not live in the RP full time yet.

Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2008, 07:52:03 AM »
This thread is now closed to further posting
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH