Author Topic: Lost passport  (Read 1962 times)

Offline fred

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Lost passport
« on: September 05, 2008, 02:01:18 PM »
The Mrs lost my British passport..Not sure where or when..It had all the stuff in it from when Immigration stamped the bits and pieces from processing my residents visa etc. If it was lost in Manila then there is a slight chance that it was handed into the Embassy..(I emphasize the word slight)
Can I report it stolen by emailing or calling the embassy and applying for a new one from here in Bohol or do I need to make the dreaded trip to Manila?? What about reporting the lost visa to Immigration? Whats the process?
Thanks.

Offline fred

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Lost passport
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 10:34:54 AM »
Well..Very surprised at the lack of advice..
Although I have been far too busy enjoying my little corner of paradise to participate lately, I really did think that the usually dependable and knowledgeable Brit members would have given me a hand by now..
Oh well..I`ll check back in an hour or so if this cafe on the beach here manages to keep its signal.
Till then.
Fred.

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 11:40:19 AM »
Although I have been far too busy enjoying my little corner of paradise to participate lately, I really did think that the usually dependable and knowledgeable Brit members would have given me a hand by now..
Oh well..I`ll check back in an hour or so if this cafe on the beach here manages to keep its signal.
Till then.
Fred.

Fred,

Have no fear \'Uzi\' is here - ta da!  ;)

I received this from a new British Embassy Warden, for Laguna:

Dr Mike Jackson
British Embassy Warden for Laguna
c/o IRRI, Los Baņos, Laguna
Tel 02 580 5600 ext 2747 (office); ext 2280 (home)
Mobile 0917 795 1274

\"Michael T. Jackson\"

I would contact him for best advise but you should certainly report your passport as stolen/lost with some urgency. He could also put you in touch with the warden for your area too.

Good luck mate & post back here what happens for others.

Offline fred

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 11:58:19 AM »
Thank you sir.. I`ll do just that.

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 01:15:22 PM »
Till then.
Fred.

Fred,

Dr Mike Jackson
Mobile 0917 795 1274

\"Michael T. Jackson\"

I would contact him for best advise but you should certainly report your passport as stolen/lost with some urgency. He could also put you in touch with the warden for your area too.

Fred,
I would have certainly responded if I had known the answer.

Keith,
I have never heard of British Embassy Wardens, could you please explain?

Colin

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 02:13:56 PM »

Fred,

Dr Mike Jackson
Mobile 0917 795 1274

\"Michael T. Jackson\"

Fred,
I would have certainly responded if I had known the answer.

Keith,
I have never heard of British Embassy Wardens, could you please explain?

Colin

Hi Colin,

The Warden service (our American friends know of this from their Embassy) is something I knew about before I left the UK but had not been supported here in RP recently. They are a communication network to disseminate info to the Nationals in their given area. The new Consul at the Embassy, Ms. Joanne
Finnamore-Crorkin has started revitalizing it. The main purpose of course is in times of emergency, when they would be charged with communicating any instructions to registered Brits. You must of course be registered with the Embassy.

Any info that comes to me via this medium, will of course be passed on to all here.