Author Topic: Building Requirements Question  (Read 1701 times)

Offline jerry.ockwig

Building Requirements Question
« on: September 07, 2008, 05:18:13 AM »
Looking to build a small two story building in Pangasinan, I have absolutely no building experience. Is there anyone out there that can give me some pointers as to what size rebar to use in the posts and what size to use on the second story of the house. Also ho many posts are required per what distance.

Thanks,
Jerry

Re: Building Requirements Question
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 10:04:10 AM »
Your asking for engineering spec without a plan to work from.

Knowing nothing and your at the whims of a contractor or locals and hang on to your pocket book, it will cost you dearly! And most likely not getting what you think you will?

Using the wrong terms for materials and most likely you\'ll get, \"sorry sir out of stock\". Most suppliers don\'t have the fogyish idea what your talking about with the word \"re-bar\"! Corrugated round bar will get \"re-bar\" in this country for sure! A lot to learn in getting what you want using english and terms!  ;D

BTW, the word \"whims\" is American and meaning doing whatever they please!
B-Ray

Offline larry

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 10:22:35 AM »
you should have an  building plan approved by  city  or provisanal engeneer AHHHH  lost  my spell check !!!

Offline lwood

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 08:03:14 PM »
You should at least have an Eng. or Architect make you some plans which will show all the building standards.  As said previously, you will need these for your permit.  Be carefully if you really don\'t know your stuff about building here.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog