Author Topic: Top marks for Filipino workers  (Read 4699 times)

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Top marks for Filipino workers
« on: December 17, 2008, 01:45:50 AM »

Top marks for Filipino workers
Web posted at: 12/16/2008 4:2:21
Source ::: The Peninsula/ By CHRIS V PANGANIBAN

DOHA: Filipino workers here are getting excellent grades for reliability, skill, industry and professionalism, according to several executives who attended a meeting hosted by President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo at Doha Sheraton Hotel over the weekend.

The excellent feedback on OFWs came from the chief executive officers (CEOs) and other top officials of 27 Qatar-based companies employing Filipinos during an “appreciation lunch” with the Philippine president.

Among the companies represented at the luncheon meeting with the president were the US-based engineering giant Bechtel Corporation, Al Ahli Hospital, Sterling Group of Companies, Midmac Contracting, and Doha Resort and Convention Center.

Bechtel Doha Chief Executive Officer (CEO)/Project Manager Laremy Estrada cited Filipino workers for their reliability, industry and overall skill.

He said Filipinos were highly trainable, efficient and trustworthy. He added that 65 percent of Bechtel’s workers in the construction of the new Doha International Airport were Filipinos.

Other executives of companies also echoed Estrada’s praises for Filipino workers in Qatar. Estimates of the number of OFWs in Qatar vary from a low of 150,000 to a high of more than 200,000. Philippine Labour Secretary Marianito Roque’s figure is 190,000.

President Arroyo thanked the company officials for hiring Filipino workers and protecting their rights and privileges under the International Labor Organisation (ILO) mandate.

She said the Philippine government would act immediately on problems cited by the CEOs, including delays in the registration of labour recruitment permits and the need for stepped-up training for Filipinos seeking employment abroad.

President Arroyo further said that her administration had launched a P3bn scholarship programme to equip Filipinos with the needed expertise for frontline services not only abroad but also in the Philippines.

"We're here to preserve democracy, not practice it."

Gene Hackman: Crimson Tide ~ 1995

Offline she

Re: Top marks for Filipino workers
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 07:57:44 PM »
well thanks for that info.... as I know were filipino are very hardworking and most are trustworthy we value are work  and we give all  our heart to our work even though how much hard it is.... just for family .....  we believe in\" Pag may tsaga may nilaga\"  .... but the sad thing is most filipino are not safe working in other country as i heard on some news theyre victim of abuse mental, physical, psychological and most are sexual....... its sad....... i know if our country could give jobs for more nos... of people I know families would never be suffer .. they dont need to be far for  their family just to earn dollar or money .. you know

Offline fharz

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 10:17:45 PM »
I agree with you she..If only our country could give many jobs to people here..They weren\'t need to go abroad just to work and earn much money. But sad to say our country sounds poor. Many Filipinos were going to other country to work. And unfortunately there are lots of filipinos working there who got victims like for what you mentioned. Some country were really abusing to those filipino workers. How cruel are they..they don\'t even think that Filipinos were putting much sacrifice for their self in order for them to have money and send them to their families. It seems they don\'t value us.
Signature Deleted by Admin

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 01:44:46 AM »
I agree with you she..If only our country could give many jobs to people here..They weren\'t need to go abroad just to work and earn much money. But sad to say our country sounds poor. Many Filipinos were going to other country to work. And unfortunately there are lots of filipinos working there who got victims like for what you mentioned. Some country were really abusing to those filipino workers. How cruel are they..they don\'t even think that Filipinos were putting much sacrifice for their self in order for them to have money and send them to their families. It seems they don\'t value us.
Was it Ramos who promised, some ten years ago, that Filipinos would not need to work overseas after his first year in power, that he would bring them all home, that there would be enough work in the PI to keep them all solvent?

I guess his was no different than most other governments around the world. Promises and dreams, dreams and promises.

We have Filipino deck crew on my ship,who work five months onboard, then get just five weeks off. Some have done it all their lives. They earn major money compared to their brethren back home, but it is a hell of a sacrifice they make and I just hope their families back home appreciate it, always.

Unfortunatly, that is not always the case, and, as in most countries, there are that large percentage of free-loaders who are all take, take, take, and no give.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog