Author Topic: IronMan Motorcycle Challenge  (Read 2736 times)

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
IronMan Motorcycle Challenge
« on: January 07, 2009, 01:21:35 PM »

BOSS

Are any Members going on this 1,200 km / 24 hour ride this weekend?

Billy
"We're here to preserve democracy, not practice it."

Gene Hackman: Crimson Tide ~ 1995

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
Re: IronMan Motorcycle Challenge
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 09:20:49 AM »
2 hours in the saddle and it\'s numb bum time for me......seems like miller-time  ;) :P

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 12:14:17 AM »
I don\'t think they will make it, for starters its 3 hrs to get out of Manila and thats just the first 20K till you hit the NLEX, unless they leave at 2am, then it might only take 2 hrs. I have not been that far North, but that many riders going over 60 km/h inc stops seems unlikely, there is a lot of local traffic to deal with and the odd carabao, 5 million jeepneys, getting run off the road by the high speed careless buses. Ahh I miss the place already.

Wayne
Wayne  ;D ;D

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 09:53:34 AM »
I don\'t think they will make it, for starters its 3 hrs to get out of Manila and thats just the first 20K till you hit the NLEX, unless they leave at 2am, then it might only take 2 hrs. I have not been that far North, but that many riders going over 60 km/h inc stops seems unlikely, there is a lot of local traffic to deal with and the odd carabao, 5 million jeepneys, getting run off the road by the high speed careless buses. Ahh I miss the place already.

Wayne

Wayne,

They leave the Burger King on Timog Ave (South Ave) in Quexon City in groups starting on Saturday at 4:00am and the groups are 1 minute apart.  There are now over 200 riders signed up.

Their 1st Checkpoint is in Baloc, Nueva Ecija, 136 kms away.

Billy
"We're here to preserve democracy, not practice it."

Gene Hackman: Crimson Tide ~ 1995

Offline ricemannv

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 07:46:12 PM »
Last year Joey Almeda from BOSS did it in just over 12 hours  :o  :o :o  That is averaging 100 kilometers per hour for 12 strait hours  :o  :o  :o  The route goes right past my house.

Riceman

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog