Author Topic: Flame Guns  (Read 2148 times)

Flame Guns
« on: January 31, 2009, 03:01:01 PM »
Has anyone seen flame guns for sale in the Philippines? A lot better than a strimmer for destroying weeds because it kills off seeds as well. We have just had two men clear our 3000 square metre lot with bolos, but there is still stubble there that will rapidly regrow, particularly the areas that will not be built on and will later become the garden. We will be going to Manila very soon, so if anyone can see them there, please let me know. Thanks

Colin

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
Re: Flame Guns
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 06:40:09 PM »
No luck in google......what Colin\'s talking about is this http://www.mowdirect.co.uk/acatalog/NEW__FLAME_GUNS.html

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 08:27:23 PM »
No luck in google......what Colin\'s talking about is this http://www.mowdirect.co.uk/acatalog/NEW__FLAME_GUNS.html

I tried the Philippine Google, but could not find anything. I had a smaller one in the UK than the X300, it was called a flame wand. It was a tube about 3 feet long and 3 inches in diameter with a pump at one end and the burner at the other end. You just walked along waving it about and it destroyed everything it touched. It worked great when we were clearing the site for the new clubhouse of the sailing club I belonged to.

Colin

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 08:59:36 PM »
The place I did most of my hardware shopping carries this type of item but they ship from USA.

Their website mentions international shipping as well but I got no answer when I just called them probably because its the weekend there.

Automatic ignition version 23 euros
Manual ignition (with matches) 13 euros

from Harbor Freight

I agree.. its a MAJOR timesaver... I will have to add it to my next incoming Balikbayan box.

I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog