Author Topic: Where to find Bathroom Light Bar fixtures?  (Read 2650 times)

Offline Flt Simulation

• Sr Member
Where to find Bathroom Light Bar fixtures?
« on: February 11, 2009, 10:16:18 AM »
I am about 2 months now from completing this house here in the PI.

I have looked everywhere for \'over the mirror\' type bathroom light bars and can\'t find anything. I have looked everywhere.

This type of bathroom fixture is very common in the US, but for some reason, these light fixtures must be made from \"Unobtainium\" here in the Philippines.

Has anyone here seen these for sale?

Thank\'s
Ron

Out of Stock Sir !

Offline Judge

Re: Where to find Bathroom Light Bar fixtures?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 03:26:41 PM »
got them here in Hong Kong..........you want me to ship via Balikbayan box?

Offline grizzi

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 06:24:32 PM »
Depending on where you live and if there is a Citi Hardware Store near your location, you can either find it there, or ask to see if they have a sales catalog where they can order one for you. Our Citi Hardware is very accomodating (Ormoc).

Here are the locations:

And just a shot of our local Citi Hardware:

Good Luck!

Greg
Greg & Almira  ;-)

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 09:28:21 PM »
They just opened one up here in Bacolod City heading south on Areneta St approx 2km south of downtown heading towards Gardenville Subd. God Bless.....
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
*** RIP DON H. ***

Offline grizzi

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 10:46:15 PM »
Thats good news for you if you like to do odd jobs around the house to keep busy.  I can spend hours there just making a wish list for repairs I want to make. Of course, I won\'t be making any repairs soon because we just renovated... ;D...but give me a few years...ha, ha.

Greg
Greg & Almira  ;-)

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 07:41:03 AM »
Thats good news for you if you like to do odd jobs around the house to keep busy.  I can spend hours there just making a wish list for repairs I want to make. Of course, I won\'t be making any repairs soon because we just renovated... ;D...but give me a few years...ha, ha.

Greg

Oh I can make list, lists of lists.....as for getting around to actually doing  something......

Isn\'t that what your crew is for?

What\'s the point of being captain otherwise?
 ???

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 08:02:04 AM »

Greg

Oh I can make list, lists of lists.....as for getting around to actually doing  something......

Isn\'t that what your crew is for?

What\'s the point of being captain otherwise?
 ???

I used to be a 100% DIY person, but as I got older I decided to start paying others instead. This is one of the reasons for moving to the Philippines, at P180 a day it is better to just lay back in the hammock with a cold beer and pass out the instructions  ;D

Colin

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 08:25:56 AM »
Ahh well Col\' there you have a problem, no cold beer for you, Doctors orders. Now ur in a pickle, you will have to do the work yourself.

Wayne
Wayne  ;D ;D

Offline grizzi

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 03:38:41 AM »
Well, at the ripe old age of 41, I\'m still game for some do it yourself projects.  Plus, when I do have filipino\'s working on the house, I have to watch them closely or I end up with a brand new roof that leaks like there are no panels there (I wasn\'t there to inspect their construction methods that time...big mistake!).

Now that cold beer while laying in the shade does have my attention... ;D

Greg
Greg & Almira  ;-)

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 08:35:12 AM »
Ahh well Col\' there you have a problem, no cold beer for you, Doctors orders. Now ur in a pickle, you will have to do the work yourself.

Wayne

I do sneak the odd beer occasionally and use butter on my sandwiches which is also against order. I can always resort to iced tea in a beer mug  ;D

Colin

Offline dave-in-ipil

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 07:48:30 PM »
My reply is probably a moot response since your request was many months ago. Most of my light fixtures came from the USA. Even though we run 110v in the US the light sockets and associated lamp wires can handle 220v. Only thing we had to do was to install 220v bulbs instead of 110v bulbs.

Sort of off-topic: We also shipped all our bathroom and kitchen faucets from the US to the Phils. It was cheaper in the long run because all the hardware stores in our part of the PI only carried that cheap crappy Chinese-made stuff. If you wanted good quality you had to make a trip to Manila or Cebu and even then it was hit-or-miss so in most cases you would find yourself making a special-order buy and getting the hardware shipped from abroad anyway…

Dave

Offline Sofie2

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 11:42:20 AM »
good idea Dave, I work for a plumbing supply and I am taking bathroom/kitchen and light fixtures from here when I go home.

Thanks
Sofie

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog