Author Topic: PI passport  (Read 2373 times)

PI passport
« on: January 22, 2008, 04:32:49 AM »
I want to help a couple of Filipinos get their passports so they can come to Australia on tourist visas and explore study options for the future. Does anybody know what the prescribed fee is or fees are? I remember an Australian passport cost me an outrageous amount but hopefully it is not so expensive in PI.

Many thanks, Ken

Offline ELJ

Re: PI passport
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 05:59:25 AM »
allot 1T pesos....P500=regular or P750=rush.....pictures, fare and snacks while queing at dfa=P250.....u could also have the passport delivered right at ur doorstep at P250... :)

some tips in securing a passport in dfa manila:

1.  after lunch is a good time as the people are lesser compared to mornings.....be sure to be there before 3pm though as the guards don\'t allow entry after that...

2. do not buy an application form outside as it is free once inside the dfa premises or u could download it from the site and fill it out beforehand and have ur documents photocopied as well....it\'ll save time....

3. be a snob....there\'ll be a lot of fixers swaying u to go with them....even the guards will try to point u somewhere else....don\'t listen...go straight to the gate and head towards the basketball court....if u go with the helpers, u\'ll spend twice as much of the original cost....not much difference since u\'ll still have to que and do the application urself....
\"there is none so distant that fate can\'t bring together\"

Offline Craig

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 07:06:42 AM »
Depending on where they are, my local DFA (Iloilo) only accepts 160 applications a day so we were there at 6 am to join the line.

Craig

Offline mupsuit

PI passport application process in Manila
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 04:27:32 PM »

If you go with your wife - you will NOT be allowed in (Manila)  - just let her go by herself and meet up somewhere later

however if you must go along - take a book, bottle of water and rent a chair from the row that is set up on the other side of the road from the entrance - spend two hours watching the world !!

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 12:44:10 AM »
A Philippine passport costs P500. 

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog