Author Topic: Cebu Pacific/Pal express  (Read 1295 times)

Cebu Pacific/Pal express
« on: May 12, 2009, 08:08:34 AM »
Quick question I now realize from and earlier complaint about Cebu Pacific. I thought they where the same airline I quess not is Pal express the way to go I know they have certain days to fly certain places but so does Cebu Pacific. Seriously I thought they were the same. I have a fiancee flying from Dipolog to Cebu and I think they only fly on M/W/F Pal express then to Manila don\'t know there schedule there or website. Then back to Dipolog from Manila? I read Cebu Pacific schedule it seem to be the same as pal express I have read the recent complaint about Cebu Pacific. Is Pal express the way to go for her trip? I took it once from Dipolog to Cebu had no problems. We took a fastcraft from Cebu to Tapitan close to Dipolog it was 25 dollars per person and the flight back was the same price only difference is it took six hours on the fastcraft and a half hour on pal express. Not complaining after sixteen hours or more on a plane the boat ride was nice. Main question avoid Cebu Pacific unless you want to wait?  Or Pal express reliable and cheap right?

Offline samatm

• Sr Member
Re: Cebu Pacific/Pal express
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 08:55:10 AM »
Pal express does not equate to more reliable in my experience.. I think both carriers run about on par  sometimes exceeding expectations other times under performing poorly.   YOu will hear good and bad about Cebu Pacific..but I feel...for a budget carrier they are doing a heck of a job.    PAL Express..recently made me wait 5 hrs..then flew me to another city...because ORMOC doesn\'t have landing lights or something... for night traffic...but you take it with a grain of salt.   Not long ago Cebu Pacific was running big ad how they were the #1 on time carrier in the PI.    If there is a choice between the two servicing a small outpost like Dipolog  for me it would be a toss up or which carrier had the best schedule.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 11:21:37 AM »
I think the main thing when flying anywhere within the Philippines or when using a Philippine carrier to fly elsewhere, would be to make sure to leave plenty of time to get where you are going in case of a delay or cancellation. This is the Philippines and things often run on a slower schedule here. I have had good luck with Pal express, but we usually use them from Cebu to Cagayan de Oro and maybe other routes might not be as reliable?

Lets face it, the whole airline industry sucks since 9/11 and we often have problems with American carriers as well. Delta has shafted me twice in two year by cancelling the direct flight and then setting us up on flights which require us to run through Atlanta to get to the next flight or miss it. We will no longer be flying with them after this year either.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline grizzi

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 04:59:01 AM »
Ahhhh...another person with a sad story about Ormoc Airport.... :D  Had the same problem, but they cancelled the flight and didn\'t tell anyone. Luckily, we went a day early and asked questions.  Rebooked on the Tacloban to Manila flight with no problems.

Still, you are right...each has their good and bad times...and when Cebu Pacific is laying out the low prices (even though they don\'t tell you about paying for incedental expenses), you can\'t beat the service for the price!
Greg & Almira  ;-)

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog