Author Topic: Term Life Insurance -Any leads? ?  (Read 3355 times)

Term Life Insurance -Any leads? ?
« on: March 05, 2008, 09:27:14 PM »
Within RP only pls

Offline samatm

• Sr Member
Re: Term Life Insurance -Any leads? ?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 03:19:42 PM »
 ???  Good question.  I am planning on  moving to the Phils - Cebu in October.  I have a decent $500K plan. here in the US .  Do you all know if generally it would still be in force If I am resident in the Phils.

Best..
Scott

Offline raycrawford

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 10:48:41 PM »
 I tried to get a term life policy before leaving Canada, all was well until they asked me to fill out a travel form. Once they found out I was going to the Philippines for a length period of time, the refused to insure me.

I would certainly check with your agent in US. Most companies consider living in the Philippines dangerous and don\'t want to insure you if you are there for anything more than a 3 or 4 week vacation.

I did find a company in Manila, Sun Life that will issue a life policy but it is actually very expensive.  I was quoted P20,000 for one year for a one million peso policy.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Raymonc.

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 07:56:35 AM »
How old are you Ray - that\'s a big factor!

Price goes up almost exponentially after 60

Offline samatm

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 01:25:45 AM »
I did check with my Insurance company and my term is still in place .. as I ws not planning on moving to the  PI when I bought it back in 2001.....However they would not issue me new policy as I was planning to be abroad within the year.
HOpe this helps..   I hvnt needed to search for new plan.. yet..  but I will need to as my plan is over in 2011.

sm

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog