Author Topic: More Pictures of Day one Our Home  (Read 1802 times)

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
More Pictures of Day one Our Home
« on: May 27, 2009, 12:12:14 PM »
Pictures from day one still sorry but I got physically ill yesterday from the dust from the cement and was too ill to post these yesterday.

This is a picture of the back yard before we removed the six trees.

Sorry for messing up the url clickalbe images, my mistake, but hey whats new  :o ;D

Here is a real “coconut man” who climbed the tree tied a rope around it before they cut it down.

Here it is as it falls into a group of other trees.

One tree trunk that took almost 8 hours with two boys digging and cutting roots before it would come free.

A group of bend 20mm rebar used for the upright corner post, all bent with a homemade jig that consisted of 4 nails a piece of iron pipe and the boys muscle power.

The rebar jig machine and its maker.

The rebar cutting tool.

My eldest brother after spending hours digging this square hole of which I have no idea what goes in there?

The lot after it is cleared.

Cutting stakes for the boundary lines.

One of my 87 year old neighbors who after the boys were finished for today was making good use of all the wood from the chopped downed trees. He and the other neighbors gathered enough wood they told me to last them two months. Good for them I say.

I wish I felt well enough to post more, but my body is just worn out from inhaling all the cement dust this am. We also got a 50 kilo pig, and with the first pouring of concrete in the corner post they cut his throat and let the blood flow into each hole. My wife also, for reasons I am sure Glo will explain to me or one of the other wonderful wives on here, put 3 pesos and a rose in each hole. The pig as I write has been slaughtered and now with the free help of my neighbors is being made into several different recipes to feed the boys lunch. While I don’t understand who am I to go against their beliefs or customs. I consider myself even though dying to be one of the most fortunate persons in the world, to be accepted and loved not only by a wife, her extended family, but by a whole neighborhood of people. I am sure that most of you who have families feel the same way I do, like beetle told me, what a better thing to do than to please the ones who love and treat us with respect.
Nothing goes perfect, I am sure one day I will run into a problem, but I will face that problem just like every other problem I have faced in my life, I will ask questions, do research, and seek professional help when needed. But for now I am truly a blessed man, even though I don’t deserve it, God must see something in my heart that I don’t even know and for me that is good enough.

Thanks to you all for listening. This forum has become my “outlet” for staying in touch with other human beings, and the benefits I derive from it I will never be able to pay back to all of you who both contribute and all of you who give so graciously of your time in keeping us all in line.

May the Devil not know you’re in heaven until you have already crossed through the pearly gates?

Respectfully

The “Murf”

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
Re: More Pictures of Day one Our Home
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 08:32:17 PM »
You\'re missing the [ character before URL on a couple of pix - that\'s all

btw the big 1 meter square hole is for your cement/rebar foundation

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 12:04:32 AM »
my asawa says this ritual is pamahiin in Tagalog...blood for fortitude in the building...money for good luck and prosperity and the flower \'possibly\' for respect to the dead pig.

Hope you\'r feeling better Murph.

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 06:31:18 AM »
You\'re missing the [ character before URL on a couple of pix - that\'s all

btw the big 1 meter square hole is for your cement/rebar foundation

Thanks c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n  for your advice on the url thingy, a simple one for me to correct just do a better job at copy and paste., also thanks for the explanation of that hole. God how little i really know >  :)

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 07:03:02 AM »
Murf,
        i put the spanish pics on photo bucket so if you go to \'photo\'s\' and click on any of the pics i posted there you can view the spain pics...it will also keep this site free for tropical paradise material.

We hope and pray you\'re feeling better there today 12.01 am here must be 8am there.
                          God Bless ya murf.

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 08:32:16 AM »
Thank you my brother, and wow, i thought I was the only luckiest Irishmen left on the globe, but must say after viewing the pictures of your wife it\'s no wonder your one happy fighting Irishmen....like Jack i won\'t comment more for the one thing I don\'t want to comment on is the \"beauty\" of another Filipino, for although i trust her with my life, as you well know by now our wives even though they say there not jealous, they have a hard time when you mention about how beautiful your wife is...but tell your wife anyway for me about my comments and never mention it again lol

The \"Murf\"

my asawa says this ritual is pamahiin in Tagalog...blood for fortitude in the building...money for good luck and prosperity and the flower \'possibly\' for respect to the dead pig.

Hope you\'r feeling better Murph.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog