Author Topic: New Section 13 visa requirements ~ 2008  (Read 26237 times)

Offline dutch expat

• Sr Member
Re: New Section 13 visa requirements ~ 2008
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2009, 10:23:03 AM »

Offline Bryan G

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2009, 08:30:03 PM »
I processed my 13a visa in the Philippine embassy in London and it could not have been easier - nice people to deal with and helpful to a fault. I then processed my I-card at Intramuros which was relatively simple - the whole thing did not take long. One of the things to make it easier is to arrive at opening time - usually not crowded and the personnel are still in a good mood - later on some moron will give them a hard time and spoil their day.

Offline uk

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2009, 10:17:10 PM »
same here only took me 45 Min\'s in immigration and then back 2 weeks later to collect my permanent ARC card

Offline don/dez

• Sr Member
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2009, 03:29:52 AM »
From everyone that I have ever talked to, this 13a visa is a big pain to get. And there are charges along the way (but I am not sure how much the total will cost if you do it yourself)

And then, if you live away from Manila or Cebu, there is airline tickets and a possible hotel room that may be needed to visit the Imigrations folks in either of those cities.

Well, here is my question: There is a lawyer here in Bacolod that will get you a 13a visa for 45,000 pesos without hardly any work on your part .... Anyone here think that amount of money is fair in order so you don\'t have to put up with all the BS?

Thank\'s,
Ron

Do you have the lawyers name and or address or phone number?

Don/Des

Yippee-ki-yay 8)
\"I\'m not the sharpest nail, But I can still be driven\"

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2009, 06:25:20 PM »
Jeff,

Have you been in touch with the BoI CDO? I just renewed my visa there last week. I seriously doubt that they can process a 13a visa. When I left last Sept. to go back to OZ they told me that they could do the Exit Clearance Certificate (ECC)

When I actually went there to obtain it, the answer was Davao/Cebu/Manila. Had to do a round trip to Davao. If your not close to CDO I can go to the office there for you and find out for definite, I\'m not that far away.

Graham

yes, apparently new... last may I was there and just did a 2 month renewal (did not inquire as to the 13a, wish I had.) They were all computerized then and they were proud that they had all this new equipment.  Even though the manager in Tagbilaran said I could file in CDO, I think I will call them directly to double check before I leave Bohol.  When he said CDO along with Cebu and Manila, I questioned him about the 13a and CDO a second time and he assured me that they could do that now....???  Still, a phone call may save me a lot more travel cost and time. LOL

Offline imtheredrum

• Sr Member
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2009, 07:29:47 PM »
I processed my 13A papers in CDO for 0 pesos, however, they wanted 35,000 pesos to send the papers to Manila.  I am in the process of building on a lot on Bohol and am there a few days a month so I took my paperwork and from Bohol, a 350 peso ferry to Cebu and when to the BI in Mandaue. my cost was 12,500 P for the first year I-card.  A seminar is always scheduled within two weeks of your accepted application which you have to attend.  I explained to the magistrate that I would be returning to Mindanao and my attendance would be difficult... 2,000 P into the drawer... no receipt for that one :o ... but the seminar was waved!

I have several friends that have paid from 40k to 55k to get their card. They are happy.  My case was a bit different because it was not a big inconvenience to get to Cebu to do it myself... besides the other 30 some odd k help finish the water well on the lot...
..                                \ \ \ | / / /
..                                  ( @ @~)
Jeff & Ritz  -----o00o-(. .)-o00o-----

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2009, 01:58:10 PM »
The application letter you will find here http://immigration.gov.ph//index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=42&Itemid=99.

I tired to download the letter, but the link does not open up.  I want to start my 13a visa paper work and would like to see the letter and what wording is used in it.  Can someone send me a letter they used so I can see it..or what wording is use in this letter...you can PM me.

Much appreciated if someone would do this for me.

Offline uk

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2009, 02:11:26 PM »
hi marko

just checked the site and this is why maybe try again tomorrow

quote form bi site

Downloads 
NOTE: The Bureau of Immigration downloadable links are currently undergoing scheduled maintenance. All forms can be requested through the Immigration National Operations Center 1-800 hotline (524-3769) or email us at xinfo@immigration.gov.phThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it . 

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2009, 03:13:52 PM »
hi marko

just checked the site and this is why maybe try again tomorrow

quote form bi site

Downloads 
NOTE: The Bureau of Immigration downloadable links are currently undergoing scheduled maintenance. All forms can be requested through the Immigration National Operations Center 1-800 hotline (524-3769) or email us at xinfo@immigration.gov.phThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it . 

I check this download about 2 months ago and still had the same prpblem, I was hoping I would  be able to download it now but still having the same problem..

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2009, 02:12:58 AM »
If you\'re looking for the 13a spousal request letter here is a generic one that you can feel free to use.
-------------------------------------------------------

(your name & her name),

(your address),

To whom it may concern,

I request that my husband\'s, (your name), status be changed from \'Temporary Visitor\' to \'Non Quota Immigrant\' due to our legal marriage. We were married in (town, city) at the (name of church, judge\'s office or wherever the marriage took place) in my home town of (town, city) on (date & year).

We have resided at the above address, which is fully paid for (or rented), since (date & year).

Having obtained and provided the required documentation and affidavits, I request that the application be processed.

(signature of your spouse)

(date & year of signing)

Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

Offline abw

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2010, 12:28:19 PM »
I processed my 13A papers in CDO for 0 pesos, however, they wanted 35,000 pesos to send the papers to Manila.  I am in the process of building on a lot on Bohol and am there a few days a month so I took my paperwork and from Bohol, a 350 peso ferry to Cebu and when to the BI in Mandaue. my cost was 12,500 P for the first year I-card.  A seminar is always scheduled within two weeks of your accepted application which you have to attend.  I explained to the magistrate that I would be returning to Mindanao and my attendance would be difficult... 2,000 P into the drawer... no receipt for that one :o ... but the seminar was waved!

I have several friends that have paid from 40k to 55k to get their card. They are happy.  My case was a bit different because it was not a big inconvenience to get to Cebu to do it myself... besides the other 30 some odd k help finish the water well on the lot...

Ouch, you paid P12,500 for your I-card? Are you sure this is correct, because according to the BI website, the fees should only be P2,880. Even if you add the cost of the 13a visa, that should still only total a bit over P9000. And if someone wanted to charge 40-55K to process all this, I\'d be running very quickly in the opposite direction;)

Offline imtheredrum

• Sr Member
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2010, 08:11:45 PM »
For sure you are not looking at all the fees... I think the BI site has them spread over two pages but 12,500 is correct.  Unless things have changed in the past 6 months. I went on line and did the math and then again I verified it with Mandaue BI cuz I walked in the door with the print out and matched it up to the one they have posted on their wall. I will say that the cashier tried to nail me for an extra 500 which I caught and had them redo the receipt before I paid. The total in March 21,2009 was 12,500 pesos with all the separate fees totalled up.  The 2800 fee you refer to would not cover one 60 day tourist extension and do you really think the Philippine Govt. would be that stupid to let that happen.  This country is all about processing papers and processing the money out of your pocket and into theirs.

If someone will do that for you at 2,800p, you just bought yourself a counterfeit card.

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2010, 10:52:31 PM »
From another Website:

13(A) VISA FEES

Fee for section 13(a) initial one year probationary period: PhP 6,070

Fees for amendment of 13(a) visa from probationary to permanent resident: PhP 4,700

Total: PhP 10,770

=====================

ACR I-CARD SCHEDULE OF FEES

INITIAL RP/SRC ISSUANCE: PhP 2,880

RP/SRC RE-ISSUANCE: PhP 2,170

AMENDMENT/S: PhP 1,010

ANNUAL REPORT: PhP 310

"We're here to preserve democracy, not practice it."

Gene Hackman: Crimson Tide ~ 1995

Offline imtheredrum

• Sr Member
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2010, 02:13:47 AM »
From another Website:

13(A) VISA FEES

Fee for section 13(a) initial one year probationary period: PhP 6,070

Fees for amendment of 13(a) visa from probationary to permanent resident: PhP 4,700

Total: PhP 10,770

=====================

INITIAL RP/SRC ISSUANCE: PhP 2,880

RP/SRC RE-ISSUANCE: PhP 2,170

AMENDMENT/S: PhP 1,010

ANNUAL REPORT: PhP 310

Yes those numbers look familiar... the only one missing is the 2000 I had to pay to the Magistrate\'s drawer so I did not have to travel back to Cebu 10 days later from Mindanao for the seminar... I seem to have lost the receipt for that payment Ha Ha Ha

Offline uk

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2010, 09:34:18 PM »
taken from bureau of immigration website

ISSUANCE       -       US$50 ( Peso equivalent )
RE-ISSUANCE  -      US$20 ( Peso equivalent )

a. Lost card
b. Damaged card
c. Rejected card
- ( wrong entries or information printed in the card due to fault
    or negligence of the applicant )
d. Amendments

RENEWAL      -        US$50 ( Peso equivalent )

a. Expiration of one (1) year validity of the card
b. Re-registration upon reaching the age of 14
c. Change of Visa Status
d. ACR Replacement (Alien Registration Act of 1950, as amended)

INITIAL RP/SRC ISSUANCE

RP/SRC P1,400.00
ECC-B
 P   700.00
Head Tax P   250.00
LRF 
 P     30.00
Express Lane
 P   500.00
Total
 P2,880.00

RP/SRC RE-ISSUANCE RP/SRC
 P   700.00
 ECC-B  P   700.00
Head Tax P   250.00
LRF
 P     20.00
Express Lane
 P   500.00
Total P2,170.00

AMENDMENT/S

Change of Address
 P   500.00

Express Lane

Change of Name/Nationality/Civil Status/etc.   
Amendment  P   500.00
Express Lane  P   500.00
LRF
 P     10.00
Total P1,010.00

ANNUAL REPORT

Annual Report
 P  300.00

LRF  P    10.00
Total

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog