Author Topic: Building our house in the Philippines  (Read 90769 times)

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Building our house in the Philippines
« Reply #480 on: May 07, 2012, 08:59:13 AM »
Would post a pic of our house but don\'t understand the post image function here. Help anyone† ??? ??? ??? :-\\

Try this link:
http://www.livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php/topic,206.msg2581.html#msg2581
Louisville, KY USA

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #481 on: May 07, 2012, 09:01:25 AM »
Jack, when it eventually (?) gets published I will give you the link and wonít put it on the forum without your permission.

Donít hold your breath, it could be a while yet ;D It is one of many projects and just the current one.

Gotta keep the brain active even if the body is slowing down ;D

Yes!† Keep the brain function at a high level!†  ;D

From the way you\'ve described it (and I trust you) I think we will have no problem posting it when you\'re ready my friend.†  :)
Louisville, KY USA

Offline BingColin

• Sr Member
« Reply #482 on: November 08, 2012, 02:46:33 PM »
Jack, when it eventually (?) gets published I will give you the link and wonít put it on the forum without your permission.

Donít hold your breath, it could be a while yet ;D It is one of many projects and just the current one.

Gotta keep the brain active even if the body is slowing down ;D

Yes!  Keep the brain function at a high level!   ;D

From the way you\'ve described it (and I trust you) I think we will have no problem posting it when you\'re ready my friend.   :)

It seems that my posts are no longer welcome by the current membership so I will not be adding to this very long thread about my house build. My current web site http://thephilippinejournal.wetpaint.com has all the information and will have a link to my new web site if/when I get around to finishing it.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #483 on: November 08, 2012, 11:55:33 PM »
Colin,

I have no idea why you would quote my post in your rant on sarcasm.  I've not been sarcastic with you.  Indeed, in my off forum emails with you I've explained what I'm going through personally so you would better understand why I don't give you extended, verbose replies on the forum.

No one has given you any reason to take away your rugby ball and go home.  Forgive me, but I simply don't understand.  But be that as it may, you can stay or leave, as always, it's up to you.  No one told you to do anything, no one was sarcastic towards you and no one called you any names.  I believe this is all a huge misunderstanding on your part.  But that's just my personal opinion.  YMMV.
Louisville, KY USA

Offline BingColin

• Sr Member
« Reply #484 on: November 09, 2012, 12:07:03 PM »
Colin,

I have no idea why you would quote my post in your rant on sarcasm.  I've not been sarcastic with you.  Indeed, in my off forum emails with you I've explained what I'm going through personally so you would better understand why I don't give you extended, verbose replies on the forum.

No one has given you any reason to take away your rugby ball and go home.  Forgive me, but I simply don't understand.  But be that as it may, you can stay or leave, as always, it's up to you.  No one told you to do anything, no one was sarcastic towards you and no one called you any names.  I believe this is all a huge misunderstanding on your part.  But that's just my personal opinion.  YMMV.

Jack, I don't really understand this post. I don't recall quoting any of your posts nor ranting about sarcasm. Tom made a comment that I took as sarcastic and I agree that nobody called me names, but the word 'negative' was used several times to describe my posts. I have explained my attitude and reasons for my posts in an email to you.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #485 on: November 10, 2012, 12:18:25 AM »
To All Members:

Perhaps we all should sit back, take a deep breath and start over.  Let's not bring up past posts and try to restate improperly worded posts or attempt to dissuade others of our intentions.

I for one am going to ignore the previous posts concerning attitudes and misunderstandings and move on with today.  I suggest we all do the same.  Let's let bygones be bygones and start with a clean slate.  Okay?

Thanks!   :)
Louisville, KY USA

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #486 on: November 10, 2012, 02:35:52 AM »
Since I'm in the right topic of home building (not just with hollow blocks), I found this site below and hope it may help others to decide in how and where to build their home and the costs involved!
In our situation while our new home was being built in Sta. Rosa, Laguna, my wife and I stayed with her sister-in-law in her roomy 1 bedroom townhouse in San Pedro, Laguna only a 20 minute drive to where our home was being built which took approximately 6 months to complete just the basic floor plan which only consisted of 3 bdrms 2 bath, kitchen and living room without a garage or any other added on construction and none of the finishing was yet done, but was in live-in condition while the finishing continued for another 6 month after we moved in and so that we could monitor the contractor's finishing work.
All turned out well and we've been living in our home for 12 years now!
BTW, we used the developer's contractor to build our home since the floor plan was already included in the purchase price of the home and lot. Customizing the build was allowed during and after the home build, but it cost extra!     
Good luck with your future home build! 

http://www.manila-construction.com/affordable_houses_philippines.htm
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 03:05:19 AM by Art2ro »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline BingColin

• Sr Member
« Reply #487 on: November 10, 2012, 06:28:37 AM »
To All Members:

Perhaps we all should sit back, take a deep breath and start over.  Let's not bring up past posts and try to restate improperly worded posts or attempt to dissuade others of our intentions.

I for one am going to ignore the previous posts concerning attitudes and misunderstandings and move on with today.  I suggest we all do the same.  Let's let bygones be bygones and start with a clean slate.  Okay?

OK :)

Offline meylou

• Sr Member
« Reply #488 on: November 10, 2012, 03:09:08 PM »
OK, sounds good to me.[/b]  :)
What we think we become... Buddha
:)

Offline tom.inbigdtexas

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #489 on: November 11, 2012, 02:45:40 AM »
To All Members:

:) Okay :)
Dallas, Tx, USA
Mactan, Cebu, PH

Offline BingColin

• Sr Member
« Reply #490 on: February 15, 2013, 10:21:26 AM »
If anyone is thinking of designing a house, or anything else, using Sketchup, here is an excellent set of videos http://www.aidanchopra.com/web-content . They are the accompaniment for the book ĎGoogle Sketchup 8 for Dummiesí which you donít actually need but could be useful.

Offline meylou

• Sr Member
« Reply #491 on: February 15, 2013, 03:09:01 PM »
Thanks for the link, Colin.  This will come in handy.  My husband bought a software 7 years ago that creates a 2D rendition which he used to draw the footprints of our home now. It was helpful for me because I am very visual.
I will study Sketchup and let my husband know how this software is.  I sure would like to own a software that will do a 3D rendition.
What we think we become... Buddha
:)

Offline BingColin

• Sr Member
« Reply #492 on: February 15, 2013, 03:59:10 PM »
Sketchup is very versatile, here are some examples http://www.google.com/search?q=sketchup+example&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=7-cdUf73JoL_rAff74Ao&ved=0CDoQsAQ&biw=1376&bih=641
These are all in 3D and you can move around and zoom in and out of these sort of creations. Anyone can create these, the tools are fairly simple but you do need to take your time and practice. Draw a garden shed before you attempt a palace with all the trimmings. Check every time you make a change to make sure you have not screwed up something else.

Offline Palawan Aussie

• Sr Member
« Reply #493 on: February 15, 2013, 10:56:56 PM »
Colin shares,

Here is an excellent set of videos http://www.aidanchopra.com/web-content

Colin, an excellent SketchUp v8 resource, as also are the Google examples. Have just spent all afternoon and evening there. Thanks fella.

Cheers,
Stephen

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog