Author Topic: Balikbayan stamp  (Read 10010 times)

Re: Balikbayan stamp
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 11:03:44 AM »
Thank you guys for the information, my wife and I will be heading out of country in early march, on our return were hoping to get a balikbayan visa, I\'lll make sure I\'m armed with our Wedding certificate and wearing my best smile for the immigration officers.

John

Re: Balikbayan stamp
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 08:49:24 AM »
John, just for the record. The Balikbayan Stamp ISN\'T a \"visa\"!

In the Philippines a visa has a fee attatched. The Bal;kbayan Program is a \"visa\" free, no cost, one year entry to the Country.

Even tho english is spoken in most areas, using other words/terms to describe then they understand is a problem.

Case in point, asking for something using english terms they don\'t understand, you will most likely get, \"sorry sir, out of stock\". Meaning they don\'t have the foggest idea what your talking about† ;D And/or, they don\'t know what they have in stock, (very common). Just look around and you just might find what you want. Sometimes rewording to describe helps or drawing pictures. One time I wanted a writable CD for pictures. I pointed to one I wanted and was told, \"sorry sir that\'s for music only\"! I asked her, whitch one do you have for pictures? She look at all she had and said, \"sorry sir out of stock\". I bought the \"music only\".† ::)

It\'s a different world over here!
B-Ray

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog