Author Topic: Booking Throw Away Ticket  (Read 1751 times)

Booking Throw Away Ticket
« on: July 30, 2009, 03:16:00 AM »
I tired both Tiger Airlines and Air Asia to book a throw a way ticket and both times my credit card was denied.  I  call my credit card company and no problem on their end.  Has anyone had trouble with this or I\'m I doing something wrong here?   I used both MC and Visa and has the same  results...any suggestions?

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
Re: Booking Throw Away Ticket
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 04:46:09 AM »
Add Cebu Pacific & PAL to the list......

There seems no rhyme nor reason to being denied some guys have problems from in Phils, some from US, some from Europe, SOME have NO problems

It truly is a crap shoot

Try calling them and book BUT get confirmation by FAX or e-mail

NEXT best thing is buy a fully refundable one way ticket.....all you need is ongoing flight within the 21 visa time frame

Cash it in as soon as you\'re in the Philippines.......major carriers are best with this option

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 08:19:20 AM »
So far, Cebu Pacific worked good. A little tip.....When you go to confirm the booking, you will see a little check box that says convert to US dollars. Don\'t check it or if it\'s already checked, uncheck it!! If it is checked, it will make you wait anywhere from 1 hour to 2 days to verify and confirm the booking. Also, it tells the airline you are a foreigner and charges you an extra 2.5 to 3 pesos off the current exchange rate. In my booking in May, I checked the box and the price gave me an exchange if 45.62. This last time, I booked without the check box, I got 48.036 and it confirmed immediately. Your bank will automatically convert the peso charge to US$ anyways using the current forex so why pay more. God Bless....
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP LEE ***

Offline mikez

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 09:09:57 AM »
Hi Marko,

Booking with Tiger / Air Asia / PAL (with the exception Air Philippines - I\'m not sure about Cebu as have only ever paid cash) requires your credit card provider to be either part of Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode program - as South East Asia has some of the highest levels of credit card fraud and these businesses had to take measures to protect them-self against this.

If you are really stuck you could always western union some cash to your gf and get her to book your flight at a local travel agency and get her to send you an electronic copy of the eticket.

Regards,

Mike

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 09:41:48 AM »
I tired both Tiger Airlines and Air Asia to book a throw a way ticket and both times my credit card was denied.  I  call my credit card company and no problem on their end.  Has anyone had trouble with this or I\'m I doing something wrong here?   I used both MC and Visa and has the same  results...any suggestions?

NORTHWEST airlines is USA based and flies to Manila. Use them - you an even pay locally in USA if you have to.
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline samatm

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 03:41:46 PM »
I bought an open Tix on Cathay pacific...which is fully refundable less a $20.00 charge.   When questioned.. by the airline or by BI ... I just whip it out....I\'ll refund it once it close to expiry.  Good for a year.   Cathay\'s Website works great btw...even gives you discounts if any are available.

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 07:50:13 PM »
After  many attempts of making reservations online none work for  me, but  I did call Asia airlines last night and got my reservation for a throw away ticket done...thanks for all the suggestions.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog