Author Topic: Cheapest RT to MANILA FROM WESTERN USA  (Read 2417 times)

Offline bigjohn

Cheapest RT to MANILA FROM WESTERN USA
« on: February 07, 2008, 02:46:26 AM »
Can anyone tell me cheapest RT to Manila from west coast,prefer Phoenix but anyplace on West coast is fine as long as cheap.i am retired and very flexible on dates.Thanks in advance for helping me.bigjohn   you can email me directly at bigjohn100kaiser@yahoo.com

Offline lonedove

Re: Cheapest RT to MANILA FROM WESTERN USA
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 06:38:40 AM »
Im not sure if its the cheapest route but Ive always used PAL out of Las Vegas via Vancover to Manila  very short lines and the customs are easier to transgress then in sf or la. and the lay over in Vancover is very short about 1 hour is all so its only 14 1/2 hours for the flight

Offline bigjohn

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 10:37:42 AM »
Plesae tell me what PAL stands for,also approximate fare.Thanks.bigjohn

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 10:41:20 AM »
Plesae tell me what PAL stands for,also approximate fare.Thanks.bigjohn

PAL stands for Plane Always Late (an old joke)!  Of all the airlines servicing the Philippines PAL has the worst safety record and have killed the most passengers.  To purists, PAL stands for Philippine Air Lines.

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 11:40:08 AM »
BigJohn.  Get thee to a travel agent quickly.  If you have any Pinoy travel agents there use them.  They will be the most familiar with the routes and the costs.  If you don\'t know of one, look for a Pilipino or Asian market and ask them if they know of a Pinoy agent.  They will be your best bet and will get you a ticket for much less than any online website.  I always use an agent and she beats them everytime.  Beats them by a lot too.

Good luck and HTH.

Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 12:32:26 PM »
BigJohn.  Get thee to a travel agent quickly.  If you have any Pinoy travel agents there use them.  They will be the most familiar with the routes and the costs.  If you don\'t know of one, look for a Pilipino or Asian market and ask them if they know of a Pinoy agent.  They will be your best bet and will get you a ticket for much less than any online website.  I always use an agent and she beats them everytime.  Beats them by a lot too.

Greg is giving you valuable information.  Consolidator tickets are usually the cheapest and best value.  Philippine or Asian markets may have some good references and you may even find an ordinary travel agent where you live who will give you the same consolidator rates (they all operate from the same databases).  An advantage of using a local travel agent is that you\'ll have somebody close to turn to if something goes wrong with your schedule or payment (not a very common occurrence).  Do some shopping around too and make comparisons. 

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog