Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 2678 times)

Offline kingneptune

Greetings
« on: March 22, 2008, 06:09:14 AM »
Finally got to this site, have been a member of the Yahoo group for some time.  As for us, we currently reside in New Palestine, Indiana and snow-bird over to the Philippines.  I am retired from the Military, 13 years USMC, 12 US Army, I did retire from the Army, however I will be a Marine first and foremost.  I was stationed at both the Embassy and Marine Barracks, Subic.  Also did various training operations in the Southern Philippines and Luzon.  Married the last 3 years of my career, as I did not want to put someone thru my constant volunteering for deployment.  My wife hails from Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu.

We have a 21 month old daughter, very active little girl.  We enjoy our life here, but wait for the time we can move permantly to the PI.  We snow-bird for now, as both my parents are alive, and my grandparents.  We have a close knit family, so I feel that it would be cheating them out of seeing the baby.  I currently work for the State of Indiana with duty as a Supervisor for the Range Training and Land Program (RTLP) at Camp Atterbury in Indiana.

We have traveled alot since I retired in 2006, all by space-a, which for the military is space available.  It cost me zero dollars as well as the family to travel anywhere in the world.  We have flown back 1 way from certain destinations as there was no aircraft inbound, but that has been 6-7 times over the past 2 years, so I\'m not complaining.

Semper Fi!

Mike J.

Offline ACKelley

Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 07:00:26 AM »
Welcome, Mike
   I know you will enjoy your retirement years in Cebu, when it happens.  Like me, snow will just be a long-lost memory for you!
Tony

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 09:05:44 AM »
Mike J,

I see you are already getting into the swing of things with your quality posts. You are most welcome here  8)

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 09:15:18 AM »
Welcome Mike J.

I am Wayne Coutts, unlike you most of my posts are useless unless you have a computer question then I can be of use. I am ex Australian Army, but have spent most of my useful career in the US based out of LA and San Fran.

So welcome aboard.

Wayne
Wayne  ;D ;D

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 11:13:43 AM »
Howdy Howdy from the friendly neighborhood RUFUS
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 03:42:34 AM »
Hi Kingneptune! How\'s the Roman god of the sea doin\'  ;D? Btw, I\'m also from Cebu, have fun here.

Offline stillbilly2002

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 06:28:34 AM »
  allways need another Marine aboard............i was just a 11-bravo ground pounder.......
   .. USA.  Aussie  Royal, English Royal.....ALL you Marines have my respect and admiration..billy
    To the Aussies I forgot how to spell Aus...?    love you guys.....I KNOW ,,,Americans...

what upstarts we are  please no offense to my fellow brave Americans...just affection
 strength and honor.billy.....darn these eyes,,,,leaking water again, billy
 last but not least....Philippine Marines...lest we forget.our heroes..billy

Offline tommyc

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 09:32:58 PM »
Welcome to the board,  I am retired navy, but am not much of a poster.  Also planning to retire to cebu this year, once again welcome.

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 10:08:25 AM »
Welcome Mike J!  Or should I say welcome Truckmaster?

Anyway, I am familiar with your posts in the groups and always look forward to them.  I am sure the members here will benefit from your postings.

Glad to see you sign up.

Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing