Author Topic: got a kick this day over the title to the house!  (Read 2995 times)

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
got a kick this day over the title to the house!
« on: September 11, 2009, 03:16:19 PM »
Tom in Big D, wish you were a real estate lawyer and knew RP real estate laws for I find myself in a quandary this day.
First at 3 am the A/C of almost 6 years gives up the ghost, I knew it was the compressor for she just keep trying to start but couldn’t, I was told by an A/C technician he could probably fix it for me it two days for he need the weekend to work on it, but it would probably cost me more than a new one, that’s if they had the parts for this brand.
Well thanks to my lovely wife at 6 am I gave her the measurement, to the A/C, for I did not want any new reconstruction to the existing hole in the wall, she found one not the same brand I had, but a Kelvinator that will freeze your arse out of here on low.
Guess could be added to the “post” how you know your Asawa loves you. So by 10 o’clock I was breathing again.
Then I get this call from my real estate attorney saying there is a problem with the title and we need to have a meeting. I immediately called my architect who was on another site but met us at the office at 10:30 am.
The problems seems be this, the original deed of sale as written up by my attorney stated that it was a parcel of land 600 square meters in size, but when the Bureau Of Land Management come to do the survey they said that was wrong and the drainage ditch between my house and the connecting house which we thought was common property was indeed mine.

Well thank god I took my architect with me, for he found a clause in the original deed of sale that stated if there is a difference of no more than 30 meters between the deed of sale and the survey was done by us, then the total aggregate shall go toward the buyers of the house.

So the attorney after talking to my architect   says because of that conveyance will just change the deed of sale to 621 instead of 600.
But my problem is do I believe and just sit back and wait or pushes him further to take action quicker than he appears to want to.

Lesson learned for all you new guys building and buying property in the Philippines, if you can buy from a bank that already has a clear title with no liens or family members who have not already signed off on the sale of the property.
Buying in the PROVINCES, although it should be easier for it is a much smaller place is always harder than from the metro areas, for in the metro areas if you need a document notarized or stamped you probably several offices to chose from here bayugan, my electric pole had to approved in the province of San Francisco , not even a city.

Today has just been another day of learning how to adapt in the land of the big RP. God bless them and their people.

Any suggestions or thoughts would sure be appreciated however, negative or otherwise.

TheMurf

Re: got a kick this day over the title to the house!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 03:34:29 PM »

First at 3 am the A/C of almost 6 years gives up the ghost, I knew it was the compressor for she just keep trying to start but couldn’t, I was told by an A/C technician he could probably fix it for me it two days for he need the weekend to work on it, but it would probably cost me more than a new one, that’s if they had the parts for this brand.

Murf, I suggest you get a second opinion on that aircon. The compressors use AC motors that need a capacitor to create a phase change to start them rotating. If the capacitor fails they cannot start. It happened to our main aircon unit and was fixed very quickly and cheaply.

Colin

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 04:42:20 PM »

First at 3 am the A/C of almost 6 years gives up the ghost, I knew it was the compressor for she just keep trying to start but couldn?t, I was told by an A/C technician he could probably fix it for me it two days for he need the weekend to work on it, but it would probably cost me more than a new one, that?s if they had the parts for this brand.

Murf, I suggest you get a second opinion on that aircon. The compressors use AC motors that need a capacitor to create a phase change to start them rotating. If the capacitor fails they cannot start. It happened to our main aircon unit and was fixed very quickly and cheaply.

Colin

Colin thanks will do, have a handy here who can fix damn near anything , of course this am when it went out he was allready at work on the gas station project with my builder, so I ask my local A/C reparimen instead and it looks like it might have taken me for  a \"ride\", I now little about window A/C units except this is a carrier came from the USA and I just had it cleaned and all cecked out a month aqo, so I thought everything was OK.

I was really thinking of refrigrirators when I mentioned compressor for i DO KNOW  at one time when i was very poor , my fridge went up, I got my father to help me, and he said I would  be  better off buying a new fridge instead of fixing the compressor. I haven\'t forget your request about where we are getting the 6 door stainless stell fridge and frost free freezer its just my wife has been so busy with taking care of me she hasn\'t had time to go to the company to see where they got it from, I mean I know its Manilia and it has to be at least for me come on cargo ship, they are always on back order but because I have boght so much stuff from this store allreasdy they found one in stock for me.

I will sure be glad to have a frost free fridge. and the staniless stell is a pain to keep smudges off but it looks so clean and saniatary in a kitchen it is just hard to believe, As soon as she has time she will get the information,

Thanks for the input on the A/C I have it outside so he can look at it this weekend when he is off on Sunday.Funny damn thing I can take a laptop apart, add memory , a video card, new grpahics card, new upgraded DCD slot, and  just recently learned how to run a 21 inch Montior LCD on a 17 inch laptop, It\'s like watching TV right on your computer.

But when it comes to fiing normal stuff, toaster, lamps, mirowaves, I just get  lost.

Somebody ask me one day, \"murf\" why dont you own a car, I quickly pullled out one of the laptops they are all sycronized with each other and said see this picture this is the picture of the lane to my house after just two hours of rain, it is over 3 feet deep, where do you propose I park the thing.

ok sorry for doint the novel thing again on you, but this is my only outlet i have left so i tend to use ever second of it.

The \"Murf\"

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 06:08:56 PM »
No problem Murf, I have replied to your PM,

Colin

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 10:52:52 AM »
There is another devise OUTSIDE of the compressor that can go bad.

A devise to shut down the compressor if over heated. It\'s a round devise strapped to the outside of the compressor near all the other inputs.

If it gets a false reading, temperature, the compressor will not run.
B-Ray 

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 12:02:26 PM »
There is another devise OUTSIDE of the compressor that can go bad.

A devise to shut down the compressor if over heated. It\'s a round devise strapped to the outside of the compressor near all the other inputs.

If it gets a false reading, temperature, the compressor will not run.
B-Ray 

I agree that it is a possibility, but very unlikley. A protection device would, most likely, cut off the supply to the motor and Murf did say that it was trying to start. If the capacitor has failed, the supply would still be connected to the field windings and perhaps make the armature vibrate. However it could not rotate without the rotating field created by fitting a capacitor across one of the field windings. There are other types of AC motors but these are the most common in aircons. Difficult to diagnose without \'hands on\'.

Colin

Offline rdjlazo@yahoo.com

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 06:14:36 AM »
Folks,

How cooperative are the bank officers when you are buying from them?
how high do you go when it comes to bank officers you need to talk to?
How good a price do you get beside getting a good title?
Can you buy on terms? Meaning do they give you loan on the purchase price?
Down payment?
No plan to buy first six months. I will observe and feel the community and the real estate market.
Thanks.  
My Final move is End of Jan or early Feb. Finally. We will visit, Tagaytay,QC, Ilocos and Puerto Oct 27 to Nov 24.

Wish me luck

Offline rdjlazo@yahoo.com

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 06:16:51 AM »
Will be visiting PI Oct 27 to Nov 24.
Sorry for the typo.
Best Regards to all. RDJlazo

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 07:05:59 AM »
Folks,

Down payment?
No plan to buy first six months. I will observe and feel the community and the real estate market.
Thanks.  
My Final move is End of Jan or early Feb. Finally. We will visit, Tagaytay,QC, Ilocos and Puerto Oct 27 to Nov 24.

Wish me luck

When we bought our first lot from the Land Bank we were helped by one of the employees there who introduced us to his boss, but she did not get involved. We were taken to several sites, and when we chose our one, he did all the running around and paperwork. The price had to be confirmed by the head office, but it was very reasonable at P600 per sq metre.  We tried several other banks before this one and they were very helpful. With our own Bank, Allied, the manager ran us around to a lot of sites in her own car.

I would imagine they would give you terms but the interest rate is high and, I believe the repayment time is short.

Colin

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 11:46:35 AM »
Folks,

Down payment?
Thanks. 

Wish me luck

When we bought our first lot from the Land Bank we were helped by one of the employees there who introduced us to his boss, but she did not get involved. We were taken to several sites, and when we chose our one, he did all the running around and paperwork. The price had to be confirmed by the head office, but it was very reasonable at P600 per sq metre.  We tried several other banks before this one and they were very helpful. With our own Bank, Allied, the manager ran us around to a lot of sites in her own car.

I would imagine they would give you terms but the interest rate is high and, I believe the repayment time is short.

Colin

Thanks Colin:

OK just sent the wife to the lawyers office I have in front of me  a signed \"Tax Declaration Owners Copy\" for our lot that the new house is on, in the name of Jennifer Maneja Murphy.

My next question the folder must be 3 inches thick with papers, how do I turn this into a \"Title\", my wife says the lawyers says she can do it but it will be very hard, so he wants to do it , for another 20,000 pesos?

These people have me mixed up with Eddie Murphy, he\'s the millionaire I am the pensioner.

Murf

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 01:39:11 PM »
Murf, I wish you well in this TITLE ordeal!

If it makes any difference, there are others with a house on UNTITLED property, including Pinoys in back of us that paid and built, in what was a rice field. The whole field is mortgaged and thereby, can not be subdivided..........in other words, NO TITLE for what they paid for. BTW, they bought not from the owner, but a down line relative...........go figure such logic?

The P20k could be the tip of the ice berg???
B-Ray

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 03:23:54 PM »

If it makes any difference, there are others with a house on UNTITLED property, including Pinoys in back of us that paid and built, in what was a rice field. The whole field is mortgaged and thereby, can not be subdivided..........in other words, NO TITLE for what they paid for. BTW, they bought not from the owner, but a down line relative...........go figure such logic?

B-Ray

B-Ray, so what do you brother,  I should use the lawyer to get the title, I just showed the Tax Declaration to my architect and he said that was all Jennifer needed, but it would take her longer to get it done for even though we are now a city, we come under the jurisdiction, don;t ask me why of San Fransisco and Prosperdad , My wife don\'t travel to far from home, for she is such an attentive wife, sometimes if I get coughing real bad , I can\'t have enough strength to get up and turn the O2 on for I am just to weak from coughing because I am a cheap arse when it comes to me an only use the O2 due to the cost as little as possible,

so you think its possible for Jennifer to apply for this title by herself and get it? see I am out of money and I need the title to borrow from the bank to finish the inside of the house. Let me your honest opinion I value them highly.

The Murf.

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 04:33:10 PM »

B-Ray

B-Ray, so what do you brother,  I should use the lawyer to get the title, I just showed the Tax Declaration to my architect and he said that was all Jennifer needed, but it would take her longer to get it done for even though we are now a city, we come under the jurisdiction, don;t ask me why of San Fransisco and Prosperdad , My wife don\'t travel to far from home, for she is such an attentive wife, sometimes if I get coughing real bad , I can\'t have enough strength to get up and turn the O2 on for I am just to weak from coughing because I am a cheap arse when it comes to me an only use the O2 due to the cost as little as possible,

so you think its possible for Jennifer to apply for this title by herself and get it? see I am out of money and I need the title to borrow from the bank to finish the inside of the house. Let me your honest opinion I value them highly.

The Murf.

Murf, I think there is a good chance that your wife could deal with it. We have found our City Hall very helpful but it does often take some time. They seem to want you to visit every office in the building to get everything signed in triplicate. We bought our second lot through the barangay captain and she dealt with all the paperwork. It did not cost us anything because her commission was being paid by the seller. She did it all very quickly because she knew lots of people. Perhaps your barangay captain could advise you.

Colin

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 03:39:32 AM »

B-Ray

The Murf.

Murf, I think there is a good chance that your wife could deal with it. We have found our City Hall very helpful but it does often take some time. They seem to want you to visit every office in the building to get everything signed in triplicate. We bought our second lot through the barangay captain and she dealt with all the paperwork. It did not cost us anything because her commission was being paid by the seller. She did it all very quickly because she knew lots of people. Perhaps your barangay captain could advise you.

Colin

Thanks to both of you B-Ray and Grandpa, I forgot how to spell the tagalog for it Collin sorry lol. Yeah I am in a pickle for I really don\'t have the money to give the lawyer anotherr 20,000 pesos, or as he says if he has no problems, when they say that it is a way of saying 20,000 could turn into 50,000 for I ran into a problem. I know the Parok President very well as does the wife , well even better than me she went to school with him, so I will run it past her to see if  he will ask the Barangay President to help us.

Later

The Murf

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 03:25:38 PM »
When our surveyor wanted P10,000 to convert tax dec to title we baulked at the cost.....our realtor told us she could do it for P8,000 or we could probaly do it ourselves for about P3,000

Upshot was the surveyors secretary called us and offered to do it for P5,000.......so that\'s who we went with....and she did it for P2,500 up front another P1,000 after about 2 months then final payment upon delivery

negotiate, negotiate, NEGOTIATE

I suspect there\'s about P2,000 in legal fees and registration.....the rest is pay for whoever does the processing.....lawyers want most, surveyors less, and others even less

It was worth the difference between the P3,000 DIY and the secretary\'s offer

Did take better part of 6 months......lawyer may (or may not) get know which \"wheels to grease\" to get it done sooner

\'supto you which path you take