Author Topic: This is a community of just pure love to me...or how get 25% of your paint !  (Read 2144 times)

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
I had heard how bad RP  paint could be, at the best mediocre at the worst almost like white wash.  ??? ???

One of the painters the guy in charge, said with most Filipinos’ they will not go through the added expense of applying the lime neutralizer , I guess also just called cement sealant,  and when they apply paint to a new  concrete plaster wall, without the cement sealant the paint usually peels in 3-6 months. :-[ :-[

He put me in his ford explorer , not bad for a painter, top of the line car and took me to 4 houses, he had painted within the past 4 years, same original paint inside and outside, not  as much as a bubble,

then he took me to the paint company, to meet the manager, where after an hour’s talk where I was either being sold a bill of goods, or the guy really knew his stuff he convinced me,

then he said to me, you know you have a beautiful  designed house with the morning porch facing the sun coming up in your master bedroom never seen in done quite like that before, if you let me hang a 12 foot by 14  foot banner at the construction site I will give you all your paint at a 25% discount, I said go for it.

Here is the resulting picture lots you can’t see in the photo like the morning porch which was added later by me after my asawa said she did not want to get dressed for morning breakfast but have it brought up to us at 6 pm by the chief, I said ok honey whatever you want, you can’t also see the Koi Gardens which I could  not design right in Google sketch up 7 , but you get the general idea.

Not bad just for and advertising sign that they paid for and hung.

The “Murf”

That sounds like an interesting idea. We will be buying most of our supplies from the newly opened Citi Hardware, so perhaps I will have a word with the manager.

Colin

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
That sounds like an interesting idea. We will be buying most of our supplies from the newly opened Citi Hardware, so perhaps I will have a word with the manager.

Colin

Colin thanks for your response , not saying it is the way to go, but I too am buying most of my products ASA american standard asscociation  plumbing  from city plus 8 ceilings fans, 8 slabs of pure grantie for the metal and glass cabinets, the double stainless steel sink, plus so many other extras, the toilets as I say her 186.000 p jajcuzzi my 89.000 P shower I asked him months ago when i went looking at tile one day, called my artchiect who he knows personally and he was willing to give me a discount base both on volume and knowing my archiect. But when I preceeded that day to buy 5 ceiling fans, 2 overhead meta and glasss cabinets, 6 slabs of pure granite in a beautiful muted brown grey effect, when he saw all the stuff , the said I was only talking about a discount for the tiles for the house, so i procedded to tell them to put it all back, now, he waited until I checked out with a bottle of my now favorite roach killer and all insect stopper of all times and non toxic, simple green concrecate which I got a hint from brad, the other morning i had a two inch  cock roach so fat he was walking accrosss the room rather slowly gave me time to give him to direct hits only with pure concetrated simple green and witin minutes he had turned over on his back legs stuck straight in the air dead to this know world at least.

Don\'t know were coach roaches go when they die but this one I am sure remembers two things the first shot I gave him of Bayugon was like a whiskey sour to him and only made him horny then I sprayed him with this stuff, and he hopefully will never forget it.

...before he said look that is a lot of stuff you can have it all at the archetects discount of 10% , I said thank you, and after i paid the bill which was quite expensive , so I left smiling and he was smiling when I left.

Lesson learned be patient be calm, never became angry, just say your sorry you can\'t accept that, always good to mention the other name of thier competior in the city if they have one in this they do Ace Hardware and just say I will see I I can get a break there fro spending all this money.

Filipinion\'s don\'t know what to do with a blue eyed blond, now its summer here it alays gets lighter, so at first they think you are teasing, just simply have the items put back and make a 25.00 US Dollar Purchase qnd you will see quite a change of attitutdel

I\'m not naive, i realize i am only basing my judgments on human behavorior and i could be repainted the whole house in 90 days, but i djut don\'t and won\'t allow myself to think that way.

Colin I want to personally thank you for the advice you have give me along the way which I have listened to, as I have took everyones for this is a whole new area of building for me, now when it comes time for the marine tank, watch out world, i got this one down to an art!

Warm Regards to you and Bing.

The Murf

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
I had heard how bad RP  paint could be, at the best mediocre at the worst almost like white wash.  ??? ???

That white-wash look used to look nice when applied to southwestern furniture but on a house its... NOT so nice...

I have noticed in recent times thats directly related to saving money .. the WRONG way.

When they dont apply the sealer... they are basically cutting their painting costs in half, but... the concrete soaks up paint like a sponge so the paint has to be diluted beyond any reasonable numbers.

Coupled with the use of brushes/rollers vs electric sprayers you get that nice panget white-wash look!  ;D

No sealant + dilution = immediate cost savings but .. I prefer sealant + mild dilution and an electric sprayer for anything I plan to keep or even look at at a later date.
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Colin thanks for your response , not saying it is the way to go, but I too am buying most of my products ASA american standard asscociation  plumbing  from city plus 8 ceilings fans, 8 slabs of pure grantie for the metal and glass cabinets, the double stainless steel sink, plus so many other extras, the toilets as I say her 186.000 p jajcuzzi my 89.000 P shower I asked him months ago when i went looking at tile one day, called my artchiect who he knows personally and he was willing to give me a discount base both on volume and knowing my archiect. But when I preceeded that day to buy 5 ceiling fans, 2 overhead meta and glasss cabinets, 6 slabs of pure granite in a beautiful muted brown grey effect, when he saw all the stuff , the said I was only talking about a discount for the tiles for the house, so i procedded to tell them to put it all back, now, he waited until I checked out with a bottle of my now favorite roach killer and all insect stopper of all times and non toxic, simple green concrecate which I got a hint from brad, the other morning i had a two inch  cock roach so fat he was walking accrosss the room rather slowly gave me time to give him to direct hits only with pure concetrated simple green and witin minutes he had turned over on his back legs stuck straight in the air dead to this know world at least.

Don\'t know were coach roaches go when they die but this one I am sure remembers two things the first shot I gave him of Bayugon was like a whiskey sour to him and only made him horny then I sprayed him with this stuff, and he hopefully will never forget it.

...before he said look that is a lot of stuff you can have it all at the archetects discount of 10% , I said thank you, and after i paid the bill which was quite expensive , so I left smiling and he was smiling when I left.

Lesson learned be patient be calm, never became angry, just say your sorry you can\'t accept that, always good to mention the other name of thier competior in the city if they have one in this they do Ace Hardware and just say I will see I I can get a break there fro spending all this money.

Filipinion\'s don\'t know what to do with a blue eyed blond, now its summer here it alays gets lighter, so at first they think you are teasing, just simply have the items put back and make a 25.00 US Dollar Purchase qnd you will see quite a change of attitutdel

I\'m not naive, i realize i am only basing my judgments on human behavorior and i could be repainted the whole house in 90 days, but i djut don\'t and won\'t allow myself to think that way.

Colin I want to personally thank you for the advice you have give me along the way which I have listened to, as I have took everyones for this is a whole new area of building for me, now when it comes time for the marine tank, watch out world, i got this one down to an art!

Warm Regards to you and Bing.

The Murf

Murf, sorry for not responding to the above post before, but I have only just seen it, it somehow slipped through the net :(.

We spoke to the manager of Citi Hardware just before opening day and told him we would be spending lots of money there, so we will approach him again soon for discounts. Bing has got her eye on a big outdoor Jacuzzi and suggested we buy that instead of building a swimming pool. Difficult to do laps in something that size, but I guess I am going to lose on that one ;D. I have also got my eye on a power shower.

I have seen the plans drawn up by our engineer, and I am really impressed with them. He has put in a lot more detail than required and is now making a few changes to reduce the amount of concrete and the steel sizes. I have asked him for a copy of his AutoCAD files and will post some on the forum.

He has got some workers on the site now to clear some of the head high grass that has grown over the last few months. He wants to calculate the height of the house location to make sure he can build above the road height.

The good thing about this forum is that we can all share our experiences and help others.

Thanks for the warm regards,

Colin

Offline Miss August

• Sr Member
Is that what your house going to look like (the one in the banner)? Looks great!

You guys notice what it says on the banner?
Owners: Mr. & Mrs. Jennifer M. Murphy  ;D  ;)  :D
? Live Well. Laugh Often. Love Much. ?

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
Yeah Mrs. August, you won\'t see any \"Murf\" and I can\'t stand Eugene, but the RP knows who wears the pants in this family, and if you read that sign it is Jennifer ;D ???

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
but the RP knows who wears the pants in this family...

Its ok if you dont wear the pants.. after all .. it is VERY hot here ! I too prefer to wear just a loincloth around the house !  ;D
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog