Author Topic: Can you buy \"snowcem\" in Cebu ??  (Read 1141 times)

Offline jonnyivy

• Sr Member
Can you buy \"snowcem\" in Cebu ??
« on: October 09, 2009, 05:46:28 AM »
There\'s a special paint/filler that I\'ve used on one of my previous houses here in Scotland called \"snowcem\" It comes in large tins, is basically just white powder that you mix with water to make a thick paint for putting on outside concrete /stone walls. The less water you use, the thicker the \"paint\". When I used it, I made it a bit thick so that it fills any cracks, and once it drys, it becomes solid and waterproof. It lasted for 10 years on my old house, which was an old barn conversion, built with real old fashioned hard stone, almost like a dry-stane dyke. I was thinking of putting this on the outside walls of our newly purchased block-built house in Cebu, as you can also add colourant to make it a pastel shade of whichever colour you choose. Is it available to buy over there, and would you recommend using it ???

Jonny
A True Friend Is Someone Who Sees the Pain in Your Eyes While Everyone Else Believes the Smile on Your Face

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
Re: Can you buy \"snowcem\" in Cebu ??
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 11:06:08 AM »
Most paint companies have GREAT tech support people

1. Look on a tin of \"snowcem\" .....there should be a tech support number
2. Tell the tech rep what you want to do
3. If they don\'t sell in Philippines they may well tell you what additive you need to create your own

I used to use colloidal silica (silica sand) to thicken up paint on boats for tricky overhead work (cos I had so much of it about)

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog