Author Topic: You Know your Married To A Filipino When  (Read 7857 times)

Offline bigpearl

• Sr Member
Re: You Know your Married To A Filipino When
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2016, 04:27:22 PM »
When you want to have steak and veg or bangers (sausages) and mash and are frowned upon because there is no rice.
Danson L. I'm not going fishing with you.

Cheer, Steve

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2016, 10:38:59 PM »
We badly need a "LIKE" button here. Some of these posts are classic.

Offline Hestecrefter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2016, 03:07:54 AM »
A few more:

You keep a tabo in your bathroom.

You know a meal isn’t a meal unless there’s rice.

There’s always Spam, Vienna sausages, corned beef and sardines in your kitchen cabinets.

You know what the “chocolate sauce” in dinuguan is actually made of.

You have a Western Union "Preferred Customer" card.

You’ve ridden in a tricycle that doesn’t need pedaling.

Goldilocks is more than a fairy tale character to you.

Offline TonyandJelma

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2016, 05:38:12 AM »
Your wife has some green menthol smelling liquid that seems to cure everything including cancer.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2016, 05:12:50 AM »
You purchase some delicious, sweet, ripe mangoes at the palengke, and when you sit down to eat them, someone has spread disgustingly foul, rotted fermented baby shrimp roe in rotted fermented fish sauce on your sliced mango "for more good taste".

All meat products are made with 20 kilos of refined sugar, and they think you're weird because you won't eat it (even when you've been a known diabetic for over 10 years).

Not a single meat cutter exists in the Philippines. Everyone uses a large meat cleaver and chops everything into indistinguishable chunks full of shattered bones.

Louisville, KY USA

Offline JD

• Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2016, 09:39:33 PM »
Not a single meat cutter exists in the Philippines. Everyone uses a large meat cleaver and chops everything into indistinguishable chunks full of shattered bones.

Hail and well met, good sir!

Also, "When you ask where the corpse is that's stinking up your house and the reply is, 'No, is bulad.''

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2016, 11:29:46 AM »
Hail and well met, good sir!

Also, "When you ask where the corpse is that's stinking up your house and the reply is, 'No, is bulad.''

I'm thinking of buying a few good boning and butcher knives and providing some meat charts. Maybe start a trend for properly cut meat portions. Then next project would be a good sized cold smoker.
Louisville, KY USA

Offline lost_in_samoa

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2016, 11:37:31 AM »
Maybe start a trend

You do that and I'll have the wife do a post on how to dig out every tiny little scrap and pressure can it for future adobo's.

When she finishes a butcher job the ants are bored!

Offline fred

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2016, 01:00:08 PM »
I'm thinking of buying a few good boning and butcher knives and providing some meat charts. Maybe start a trend for properly cut meat portions. Then next project would be a good sized cold smoker.
I think they cut everything up small in the mall meat section because many people here buy cheaply priced small portions..
The guy at Bohol Bee farm (American) is at all the malls here early in the morning and collects his huge daily orders of large beef ribs and lean pork roasting joints etc...These are only for him and he damned near cleans them out every day.
Once he`s out of the way the ribs are 3" long again..
Damn!!

If you go into a Monteray meat shop here you will see full size meat charts on display... Once they know what you want,you will get those cuts but better to be a regular customer I guess.

Offline JD

• Sr Member
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2016, 01:14:48 PM »

The next project should be color charts for meat doneness. Call it "Gray Is Not The New Done". :)

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2016, 02:26:23 PM »
At least at S&R I can have some proper cuts of meat, they will even cut them as thick as I want.  They even have a band saw.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2016, 03:36:55 PM »
They don't do that here at our Nuvali S&R, because my wife already asked. The meats they get they say is all pre-cut and packaged.  Grrrrrrrrrr......... >:(
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline bigpearl

• Sr Member
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2016, 04:02:15 PM »
They don't do that here at our Nuvali S&R, because my wife already asked. The meats they get they say is all pre-cut and packaged.  Grrrrrrrrrr......... >:(

And you told us you were in a civilised part of the world, what is it coming to?
On a serious note SM in San Lazero would cut what ever you wanted and I am sure if you pushed the right buttons they would cook it also, very accomodating to say the least.

Do you have an SM supermarket near you Art?, Try them if you do.

In the mean time we have trouble buying good giblets here in Oz let alone Bangus.

Cheers, Steve.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2016, 04:40:26 PM »

Art, they lied to your wife.  I had them cut a rack of Lamb for me that was larger than I wanted.  They also at that store were cutting some of the racks into individual chops since not everyone buys a rack.  Plus they cut some 1 1/3 inch ribeyes for me the same day at Nuvali.  I also have never had a problem with the Imus store.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline bigpearl

• Sr Member
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2016, 04:58:25 PM »
Wow Chuck, you got lamb, be buggered, never ever saw bloody lamb any where in our necks the woods. Goat yes, lamb no. Funny all we can buy in Oz is diced goat pre packaged, probably lamb. Benjie won't eat lamb, weird but his choice so gone now are the leg of lamb roasts and racks but when we BBQ the lamb chops are there for me and guests, yum.

Cheers, Steve.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog