Author Topic: Holy schimoly PANIC ROOM !  (Read 2103 times)

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
Holy schimoly PANIC ROOM !
« on: November 25, 2009, 07:40:58 PM »
Wow...

I have used the smallest room in this rented (in the process of purchasing) house for a year now - and wondered why there were ZERO holes in the walls for photos, mirrors etc in ONE room...

Well... 3 brand new drill bits today (one glowed red and MELTED!) - barely a nick in 3 walls and I now know why!

I have been sleeping in the freakin PANIC ROOM !

The entire room is covered with about 2 centimeters of concrete but its solid metal all around ! Now all I need is a few years of canned goods! Freakin sweet !

Has anyone else heard of a panic room being done to a home here in the Philippines? Its not a true USA type panic room ( ie. not a metal entry door ) - but as close as I have ever imagined in this country.

I wonder what other secrets this place hides....
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline don/dez

• Sr Member
Re: Holy schimoly PANIC ROOM !
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 09:12:39 PM »
Your not in one of your video games are you? The thought of a panic room has come to mind at least a metal covered door. As long as I am awake to greet my attacker that\'s all I want ;) ;) ;)
\"I\'m not the sharpest nail, But I can still be driven\"

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 09:23:13 PM »
Your not in one of your video games are you? The thought of a panic room has come to mind at least a metal covered door. As long as I am awake to greet my attacker that\'s all I want ;) ;) ;)

Good point† :P
Im sure the owner/seller is some high ranking current or ex govt. official from the little he did let slip out in our talks about his properties - and he did completely surround the entire property with stainless bars/gates/spikes. I found 2 secret shoebox sized compartments in another room. Im guessing it was for extra firearms - either that or a secret pair of shoes?† :P

I tried a total of 8 points around the room and at different walls/heights... its completely steel walls in there after 2cm of concrete... Im not sure why a panic room would not have a steel door.. unless it was an anti-driveby bedroom.

Odd...
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 09:39:49 PM »

Im sure the owner/seller is some high ranking current or ex govt. official from the little he did let slip out in our talks about his properties - and he did completely surround the entire property with stainless bars/gates/spikes. I found 2 secret shoebox sized compartments in another room. Im guessing it was for extra firearms - either that or a secret pair of shoes?† :P

I tried a total of 8 points around the room and at different walls/heights... its completely steel walls in there after 2cm of concrete... Im not sure why a panic room would not have a steel door.. unless it was an anti-driveby bedroom.

Odd...

Do you have any signal in there or is it electronically isolated?

Billy
"We're here to preserve democracy, not practice it."

Gene Hackman: Crimson Tide ~ 1995

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 09:53:21 PM »
So I guess the room does not have a window? Or maybe the window is bullet proof? Maybe he changed the door when he decided to rent it. It could have been a gun room or safe of sorts. I have a friend in the states who built a gun room like that with a safe door on it and it is behind a movable book case. Neat to have and if it has no window and if the ceiling is also made of metal, then it might be a good room to live in but it also has to be pretty quiet in there? and as Billy said, no cell signal or it is not totally made of metal.

Last, once you buy it then you need to have him give you a walk through and show you any goodies you do not know about. It might be a very bad thing for him to have left something that you end up caught with.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline don/dez

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 12:43:21 AM »

Odd...
Sold door for scrap!? ;D
\"I\'m not the sharpest nail, But I can still be driven\"

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 07:22:25 AM »
I have a signal when I stand at the window. But it all makes sense now.

... and I do think the door was probably removed before putting the house on the market now that you mention it. This room has a window but there was no glass and I had to replace the glass myself.

Its not a USA quality panic room, but probably the closest I could imagine in a 3rd world country without govt involvement.

Hmm.. darn... that means its about time I decided to go have a look in that attic as well... I had been putting that off due to a dislike of bats, rats, spiders, vampires or whatever may be hiding in that crawlspace...

Time to unlock some more secrets !

Offline BC Boy

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 02:06:24 AM »
Cool i want a panic room!

But i will have to make do with a cheap alarm and machete by the bed.