Author Topic: Can anyone recommend a good Pinoy travel agent in Luzon?  (Read 1802 times)

Offline RayJ

• Sr Member
Can anyone recommend a good Pinoy travel agent in Luzon?
« on: February 12, 2008, 08:07:27 AM »
If so, please leave or email me particulars.

Looking to book travel to Boracay,† Thanks
Iím not Aussie although sometimes I sound like one.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Can anyone recommend a good Pinoy travel agent in Luzon?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 08:59:21 AM »
If so, please leave or email me particulars.

Looking to book travel to Boracay,† Thanks

Ray,

Check out this link from ManilaCockney:

http://livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?topic=96.0
Louisville, KY USA

Offline RayJ

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 11:12:51 PM »
Thanks GW, I hadn\'t attempted to† try booking domestic flights online myself, but am pleasantly surprised that at least one carrier, SEAIR flys direct from Clark to Boracay.

I do notice that the taxes are kept seperate ( on the Cebu Pacific site ) until after the process has started so the price is not as cheap as it seems up front.

The SEAIR site shut down my explorer session ( I wouldn\'t say crashed.. ) when I tried to do a cut and paste of the timetable, and they didn\'t give a price at all before booking ( unless i missed something ). As long as the aircraft works, thats all that matters.

Last year we booked Clark to Cebu thru an agent. The Cebu Pacific flight was very nice on a new small airbus equivalent to 737. ( my wife won a totebag for guessing a trivia question ). The booking was frought with difficulty. First the price changed a few minutes after she had quoted me ??!!??, then after booking, she asked me to come by on the day of the flight to pick up the tickets, again, ... ??!!??!! presumably because her co-worker in another office was ready to leave for the day!† Not a good idea to leave details open ended on the date of a morning flight. I insisted I receive the paperwork before we left , and so they made the special effort for me.

Thanks for your help

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 01:03:19 AM »
Last year we booked Clark to Cebu thru an agent. The Cebu Pacific flight was very nice on a new small airbus equivalent to 737. ( my wife won a totebag for guessing a trivia question ). The booking was frought with difficulty. First the price changed a few minutes after she had quoted me ??!!??, then after booking, she asked me to come by on the day of the flight to pick up the tickets, again, ... ??!!??!! presumably because her co-worker in another office was ready to leave for the day!† Not a good idea to leave details open ended on the date of a morning flight. I insisted I receive the paperwork before we left , and so they made the special effort for me.

Cebu Pacific has become my favorite domestic airline.† Though you may save a few pesos by booking ahead, it usually isn\'t necessary.† I often go to the airport and take the next flight without booking ahead.† These days with e-tickets a travel agent isn\'t necessary when you do book ahead of time.

Offline RayJ

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 03:08:57 AM »
Thanks for all the help.

Ray

[attachment deleted by admin]

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog