Author Topic: Travel from Manila to Cebu City  (Read 2250 times)

Offline SlimJohnson

Travel from Manila to Cebu City
« on: February 19, 2008, 02:40:46 AM »
What is the least expensive way to travel from Manila to Cebu City?

Offline Robm

• Sr Member
Re: Travel from Manila to Cebu City
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 03:19:08 AM »
I recently looked at Cebu Pacific air and you can get a pretty cheap fare depending on the time of departure. You might check that out.... http://www.cebupacificair.com

Robm

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 08:09:01 AM »
I recently looked at Cebu Pacific air and you can get a pretty cheap fare depending on the time of departure. You might check that out.... http://www.cebupacificair.com

Robm

Remember though, that if you check online the price quoted i.e. P488 is for the ticket & does not include taxes & surcharges which will make to cost more like P4,000.

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 09:46:40 AM »
Keith,

Why can\'t Cebu Air play fair like the rest, we do we have to keep guessing how much it will really cost us, when we had family visiting from Germany recently, we were talking about this very issue, and one of them who works in travel in Germany said they had a similar airline practice it in EU, the civil aviation authority there, I suppose similar to the FAA, came down on them so hard, their wings almost fell off.

Maybe all of the local carriers should price the same way, flight anywhere in Luzon 22p + landing tax 300p + fuel tax 200p + departure tax 200p + + + + + = god knows how much, but they won\'t come out and tell you the fair, you just have to guess it.

Wayne
Wayne  ;D ;D

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 10:09:23 AM »
Keith,

Why can\'t Cebu Air play fair like the rest, we do we have to keep guessing how much it will really cost us, when we had family visiting from Germany recently, we were talking about this very issue, and one of them who works in travel in Germany said they had a similar airline practice it in EU, the civil aviation authority there, I suppose similar to the FAA, came down on them so hard, their wings almost fell off.

Maybe all of the local carriers should price the same way, flight anywhere in Luzon 22p + landing tax 300p + fuel tax 200p + departure tax 200p + + + + + = god knows how much, but they won\'t come out and tell you the fair, you just have to guess it.

Wayne

Wayne,

Not exactly true. If you check online for availability on a given set of dates, it gives you the silly price of P488 or even more silly P1. If you continue, as though booking, you end up with the confirmed dates & price. This IS the full price. Just don\'t proceed to the payment screen. Hope this helps.

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 10:25:53 AM »
Keith,

Wayne

I think you\'re talking of Cebu Pacific and their one peso fares?  I certainly wouldn\'t call it having to guess or playing unfair.  You learn what you need to pay and what the real cost is to you before you close the deal.  I\'d call it a clever marketing ploy...got your attention, didn\'t it?

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 10:50:54 AM »
I thought about it for a couple of seconds when last I went to Boracay, but they don\'t land in Caticlan and didn\'t want to waste time going to Kalibo. Does anyone know if there is a way to get from Caticlan to Boracay without getting your feet wet, Prosthetics don\'t like water, let alone corrosive salt water, when 3 of the boat guys said they were going to lift me on to the boat, I said ok, who owns the fork lift truck and where is it.

Wayne
Wayne  ;D ;D