Author Topic: Silay Future House  (Read 1530 times)

Offline abw

Silay Future House
« on: December 12, 2009, 10:57:22 AM »
Previously I talked about our (wife and two kids) plans of moving back to the Philippines. We lived there seven years ago (for 3 years). This time around have been planning on buying some land in Silay City, building a house for us and a small house for the mother in law and a few other family members. Our original plan was to visit there next March and look for a lot maybe 500 or so square meters. Well, as it turned out, a 404 sq meter lot turned up for sale rite next door to where the relatives now live. So there\'s no need for us to build another (small) house for the mother;) It\'s close to everything, and just 15 minutes down the road to Bacolod, so we grabbed it!† So here\'s a pick:

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
Re: Silay Future House
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 11:19:01 AM »
Previously I talked about our (wife and two kids) plans of moving back to the Philippines. We lived there seven years ago (for 3 years). This time around have been planning on buying some land in Silay City, building a house for us and a small house for the mother in law and a few other family members. Our original plan was to visit there next March and look for a lot maybe 500 or so square meters. Well, as it turned out, a 404 sq meter lot turned up for sale rite next door to where the relatives now live. So there\'s no need for us to build another (small) house for the mother;) It\'s close to everything, and just 15 minutes down the road to Bacolod, so we grabbed it!† So here\'s a pick:

Wow! that is a nice size piece of property. The best of luck with it.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 11:33:39 AM »
.. and with teh construction going on next door (in your photo) it seems the place is progressing ! Nice move !
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline abw

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 11:53:16 AM »
.. and with teh construction going on next door (in your photo) it seems the place is progressing ! Nice move !

Yeah, I was originally a bit hesitant about buying some property in another subdivision. Our previous house in Talisay (5 minutes away) was in a guarded subdivision and there were hardly any homes, so we were quite isolated, which I don\'t like. But this subdivision is filling up with homes very quickly. We\'ll have neighbours surrounding us, which is nice. The land we bought is actually made up of four 101 sqm blocks. There is another small block (100 sqm) next door (behind the mother-in-law\'s house) which has come up for sale, but we\'re in no hurry. I want to try and get my sister in-law and her husband to buy that lot so that we can all live in one big compound (650 or so sqm). And everyone has their own house ;)

Andrew

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 11:57:06 AM »

Yeah, I was originally a bit hesitant about buying some property in another subdivision. Our previous house in Talisay (5 minutes away) was in a guarded subdivision and there were hardly any homes, so we were quite isolated, which I don\'t like. But this subdivision is filling up with homes very quickly. We\'ll have neighbours surrounding us, which is nice. The land we bought is actually made up of four 101 sqm blocks. There is another small block (100 sqm) next door (behind the mother-in-law\'s house) which has come up for sale, but we\'re in no hurry. I want to try and get my sister in-law and her husband to buy that lot so that we can all live in one big compound (650 or so sqm). And everyone has their own house ;)

Andrew

Very good plan and it would be much safer with family looking out 4 your home when you are not there and you looking out for theirs when they go out.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog