Author Topic: Holiday exchange  (Read 1693 times)

Holiday exchange
« on: December 15, 2007, 07:34:20 AM »
Having just seen the film \'The Holiday\' has given me this idea. Th main purpose of the Philippine groups and forums is to help people who are interested in moving to this country. What better way than to invite them to stay with you for a holiday in return to a holiday with them in their own country. This could allow those of us living here to visit countries other than our own in return for giving others a real taste of the Philippines. This is not something I could do at the moment as I rent a place without any spare accommodation, but would certainly consider it when I get my own place built. Any comment?

Colin

Offline 1954bn1

Re: Holiday exchange
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 01:16:16 PM »
I\'m up for a trade right now.

Today in Vancouver it is raining and the ground is covered in slush. I haven\'t seen the sun in at least a week.

I\'m open to anything with sun, sand and cold SM  ;D

Trevor

Offline ravabelli

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 07:05:19 AM »
Good idea and I\'m up for it.

We are based on the Isle of Man (famous for TT races - see www.iomtt.com, oldest parliament in the world and kippers - smoked and split herring to the uninitiated) and planning on getting back over to RP next Jan to have a look around various provinces pending a possible perm move.

We have a large town house (9 bed) and can accommodate any time in return. I run the Filipino community website here - see www.faimonline.com

Roy

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 03:49:48 PM »
I think this could be a useful idea.....that I\'d be interested in at some point in the future....hopefully we\'ll get the ball rolling and report good/bad aspects

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog