Author Topic: Sick Member  (Read 2329 times)

Offline graham

• Sr Member
Sick Member
« on: February 19, 2010, 08:23:53 PM »
All,

I just found out that Jeff, \"imtheredrum\" has had a heart attack and is in Madonna Hospital in Cagayan de Oro. This happened on Monday night. Apparently all is well and he is being released sometime tomorrow, Saturday the 20th.

Graham

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • 1st Time with all 5 Grandchildren Together 2016!
Re: Sick Member
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 11:56:29 PM »
All,

I just found out that Jeff, \"imtheredrum\" has had a heart attack and is in Madonna Hospital in Cagayan de Oro. This happened on Monday night. Apparently all is well and he is being released sometime tomorrow, Saturday the 20th.

Graham
Sorry to hear this. We will pray for his recovery. God Bless.....

Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 08:43:07 AM »
Come on Jeff, get thru this bud, you have a house to build on Bohol - All the best wishes

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 09:23:30 AM »
Had a heart attack myself about 3 years ago so I can relate.  Best wishes and my prayers for Jeff and his loved ones. 

Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

Offline imtheredrum

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 02:03:14 PM »
Thanks for your prayers guys... it is not something I would wish on anyone... Mindanao is not capable of intervention of a heart attack...

I released my self on Friday and have returned to Gingoog City... to get the same treatment at home that they could do there at Madona Childrens Hospital...

Since the bill was already 40,000 + for 2 and 1/2 days, I decided to go home. I had to Utang 15k to get out of jail.  There was nothing they could do beyond what little they did.  Had it not  been for my Nitro tablet and 3000 Mg of Aspirin I would not have survived.  The same treatment was offered at the hospital in Gingoog except that the blood thinner med was not available here in Gingoog. The pharmacies here never had a request for that type of Medication... Wow would you think the new Cardiologist would possibly chat with the pharmacy managers and let them know that he was there and would from time to time put in such a request????

The attack started at 2 Pm on Tuesday and ran through till Wed 8:30 Am.  There treatment was to let me lay there and let nature take it\'s course... In the Emergency Room the doctor said that usually we give an IV with blood thinner but since this occurred at 2pm and it was already 10pm (by the time I got from Gingoog to Madona in CDO) it was not worth doing.... TOO AMAZING!!!  I told him that I was still having the attack and that he should get an EKG done if he could manage to find the equipment and that if I was correct then YES HE SHOULD ADMINISTER THE BLOOD THINNERS!!!    An IV was started about 20 minutes later.  I told the doctor to get some meds to lower my pulse and BP down to about 60 over 40 with a pulse as low... to prevent any more damage.....   RESPONSE: no capabilities here... you must go to Cebu or Manila.  Funniest part is that they wanted to do an X-Ray.... lets pad that bill... I refused and had to sign as such... they ran out of blood thinners and I had cleaned out all of the pharmacies, so it was time to go home....

No idea if the 12 yr old stent failed or the two 7 year old stents failed or is it something new.... only God knows
I had money for a rainy sick day but had to use that 300k on my wife\'s broken neck two years ago and now she is need of a repeat operation because of course the first was only half done and not complete.... So I will sit here at home wondering every day if I will make the next day so that in about a year or so (Of saved SSDI) I will be able to afford the 760,000 piso operation in Manila.... and I guess my wife will eventually be paralyzed again and will have to wait for here operation... maybe in a couple of years we will both be better...

As of today, I saw the sun come up and it\'s a great day to get up and get at them... I just think about it though... ha ha ha    Because there is no way of telling if it is a new artery or an old stent.... nothing can be done for now...  I\'ll just slow down a lot and cut into my SM\'s... not.... hehehe
..                                \ \ \ | / / /
..                                  ( @ @~)
Jeff & Ritz  -----o00o-(. .)-o00o-----

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 02:48:02 PM »
Jeff,

Keep in touch with us! Very interesting what you went through. Brings back memories of my motorcycle accident and what I went through. I would have been lost without my good friend (a PNP Supt) guiding my way, taking control and smoothing out all of the surprises in and out of the hospitals.

Do you have someone like that you can rely on?

Billy
"We're here to preserve democracy, not practice it."

Gene Hackman: Crimson Tide ~ 1995

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 03:31:26 PM »
Doctor RUFUS recommends...
1 RedHorse and 1 aspirin a day, no Jollibee, walk 1km/day and only mild ger-ger.
All will be fine
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline imtheredrum

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 03:34:12 PM »
It was all a surprise to me.... well, we\'ve all heard how bad it can be, but to say I\'ve been there done that... is no fun... Funny, with the couple of million ex-pats living here in this country I am amazed that there is no organization one can turn to for help and direction.

surely our embassies must know how bad the medical situation is here in the PI.  You would think that they at least would have a list of hospitals capable of the critical problems that may arise and access to support and transportation if needed.... Just seems the more things change the more they stay the same.

Offline imtheredrum

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 03:35:14 PM »
sounds good but two RH would be better....

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 05:08:03 PM »
It was all a surprise to me.... well, we\'ve all heard how bad it can be, but to say I\'ve been there done that... is no fun... Funny, with the couple of million ex-pats living here in this country I am amazed that there is no organization one can turn to for help and direction.

surely our embassies must know how bad the medical situation is here in the PI.  You would think that they at least would have a list of hospitals capable of the critical problems that may arise and access to support and transportation if needed.... Just seems the more things change the more they stay the same.

Hopefully one of our members gets some medical answers for SSDI people like yourself.

I do think one member has a meeting soon in Iloilo with an organization that has made Medicare available in the Philippines due to their mian branch being in Los Angeles, USA or something to that effect.

I am eagerly waiting for a report from that member so we can know if we actually have options here and not have to fly to Guam  or some otehr USA territory just for medical treatment...

Keeping my fingers crosses for you .. and anyone else who is on SSDI with medial needs...
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 05:59:16 PM »
Cebu Doctors Hospital in Butuan any better help?

Offline imtheredrum

• Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 06:58:57 AM »
Cebu Doctors Hospital in Butuan any better help?

I have heard of the Cebu Doctors Hospital in Cebu with a fairly good reputation, however, no one from any of the groups mentioned that hospital in Butuan... and of course it is not even close to being as big as CDO. I will have to look into that... hopefully it is a well kept secrete.

Would be great if any hospital here were to take Medicare.... Often wondered why GMA never had a network set up for Medical emergencies from capital cities to capital cities... oops.. maybe she does have her own Medivac chopper... my bad...

Still think that if you register with your embassy, they should provide it\'s citizens with a folder containing all sorts of Medical information and options... lets face it... Most of us are either retired or on some kind of medical disability. Just for fun and aggrivation, like my hear needs more of that ha ha, I will start picking on the US Embassy about it....

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 04:45:18 PM »
Jeff,

Keep in touch with us! Very interesting what you went through. Brings back memories of my motorcycle accident and what I went through. I would have been lost without my good friend (a PNP Supt) guiding my way, taking control and smoothing out all of the surprises in and out of the hospitals.

Do you have someone like that you can rely on?

Billy

Jeff,

I wrote to my good friend (a PNP Supt) that I mentioned earlier to ask his opinion. He has been stationed in Butuan for about a year now, so he knows his way around your area. Here\'s his response:

I just came from Manila. I read your mail re your friend in Gingoog, I\'m sorry I can\'t recommend a good doctor or hospital here. as per our experience when we were in Iligan, medical facilities and practitioners can not be depended upon here. Sick people I know from here go to Cebu if they want a quality medical care. Better advice him to go to Manila or Cebu but I guess his wife is sick too. And one thing more, he is a foreigner and they think he got a got paying insurance hahaha! Anyway, I hope he gets better soon.

So, for what it\'s worth...

Billy
"We're here to preserve democracy, not practice it."

Gene Hackman: Crimson Tide ~ 1995

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog