Author Topic: Bonifacio Global City - in Taguig ($$$, no chickens and no squatters)  (Read 5259 times)

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
If you ever just get tired of it all and wand a BIG CHANGE in the NCR region - then I highly suggest GLOBAL CITY.

I had been pitched by agents on buying a condo in that place for YEARS and always igonored it based SOLELY ON PRICE - but I finally deicded to go for a drive and visit that place due to having a meeting there to sign up for RP based Medicare this week.

When I walked around the city - by the looks of it - I could swear I was in ANY small California city.

• NO TRAFFIC
  • NO TRASH ON THE STREETS
  • NO CHICKENS
  • NO BEGGARS
  • NO STREET VENDORS

They even have a Mini Cooper dealership with a corner lot and all glass walls.
Jeez... In fact - I was wearing a shirt with a collar and jeans and still felt slightly underdressed as it was OBVIOUS that everyone there was worth as much (if not more than) the average \'foreigner\'...

For the first time - I got to walk freely without being asked for ANYTHING....

I actually ate in a restaurant and wasnt looked at twice... no one expected anything from me - I was just your average Joe  ;D  :D  8)  :P

Ooh and BTW... I crossed paths with NoyNoy Aquino while there - and grabbed a photo op... there were also a few local celebs walking around \"high street\" and my Asawa pointed them out but other than NoyNoy we decided to ignore them - as they most likely go to that rich area to avoid attention... WOW..

Ooh - I checked out some condos in THAT city (not nearby - but INSIDE the city) you can get a nice 1 bedroom condo maybe 30 sqm for a low rental of P40k a month (about $1000 USD)

I saw a few \"bedspacer\" type dorms advertising - Its $20 a month in Manila for a dorm - in Global city its over P7k - or around $200 to live in a girls dorm !)
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
Re: Bonifacio Global City - in Taguig ($$$, no chickens and no squatters)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 07:17:58 AM »

I saw a few \"bedspacer\" type dorms advertising - Its $20 a month in Manila for a dorm - in Global city its over P7k - or around $200 to live in a girls dorm !)

I\'d pay that price....ouch! ouch! stop honey it was just a joke

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 07:43:23 AM »

I\'d pay that price....ouch! ouch! stop honey it was just a joke

Hahaha - oops - I forgot to point out... TO live in the GIRLS DORM - you have to be female! Hahaha
ANyhow I decided to add some pics...

Brazil - the best meats you will EVER FIND ! About 12 types maybe 5 different cuts of beef and 5 assorted porks and chicken and lamb on the weekends (its ALL-U-CAN-EAT by the way for about P1k per head)

and

Downtown \"High Street\" - closest to a Palengke you will get in Bonifacio Global City

NOTE TO SELF: Dont let the wife handle the camera

Presidential candidate and Cory Aquinos son, NoyNoy Aquino was there too enjoying quiet time until WE SHOWED UP (there goes the neighborhood - but he was nice and we chatted a bit and I got his contact info - WOW! But we dont take political sides - just being nice is all )

Psst - dont tell my wifes family her head was uncovered in public - a ribbon was all we could find - hahahaaaaaa
The other girl is our yaya/babysitter (some saw her pic I posted a few months ago) - 100% of the other Yayas had UNIFORMS - remind us to buy her a funny blue uniform !
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline friendlysaint

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 03:50:59 AM »
Yes its a really nice place. Its like another city very modern very expensive. I was there last february cos my embassy is there.

Taxi drivers don\'t even know the place we had to get the help of a mobile police to help us get to the embassy n pay the guy coffee money.

Andrew
Singapore Iloilo Express
Western Visayas

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 03:28:45 PM »
HUMMM, the other one is nice, but your feeding her to much! LMAO

Hahah - thanks..

Ya - thats the one I mentioned last year thats a strong as an OX...

She used to be a sugar cane farmer or something in her provice... I never met a girl that strong in any country....

Kinda scarry...  ;D

Offline ricemannv

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 09:09:12 AM »
While waiting for our condo to complete construction we have rented a one bedroom condo in the Fort.  We got it from a friend of a friend for 25,000 pesos per month which is the lowest price I found after looking at about ten units.  It\'s near our condo also, so the move will be easy once ours is complete.

I really like the area also.

Riceman

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 02:28:07 PM »
While waiting for our condo to complete construction we have rented a one bedroom condo in the Fort.

Whats the size of that 25k condo you are renting? From what I saw .. if youre REALLY lucky you can find a 1 bedroom for that price... It looked around 35sqm to me ... but thats just my guess from the one and only low price one I saw...

And if you have a dark biker jumpsuit and a dark bike with nice fat tires - then I saw you there in Global City also sitting alone on the bike at the curb in front of that HSBC bank on Feb 23...

I was the guy with limo tinted sedan with ground effects, mag wheels and a lot of bass and no treble/midrange from my stereo  ;D

Offline ricemannv

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 06:12:39 PM »
I\'m not sure the exact size.  It isn\'t very big though, so maybe it is only around 40 square meters.  The one we purchased and is under construction is 57 square meters.  The rented one is only for the meantime obviously.  Someday, if I have the cash, I\'d like to get a three bedroom, two bath with two parking slots condo.  I looked at one in the Fort and man was it nice!!!

Nope, the biker wasn\'t me.  My bike is still in the province.  I\'m going to bring it to the Fort though as we have ample parking.  I saw two other BMW bikes and a Harley in the parking area of this complex.

Riceman

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 01:53:12 AM »
BAH... Green acres is the place for me. You guys can have the city, I\'ll listen to the chickens in the province.
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 07:57:38 AM »
No more chickens we are going for rabbits now.
Wayne  ;D ;D

Offline ricemannv

• Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 12:20:52 PM »
Actually, I prefer the province as well.  The motorcycle riding in better.  However the educational oppurtunities for my kids are better in Manila.  So we got a place in the Fort so we could be close to their new schools.  We still have our home in the province so can make frequent trips to the country as well.  It\'s a six hour run on two lane roads through some really nice country.  I plan to do it by motorcycle frequently. 

The best of both worlds really.....

Riceman

BAH... Green acres is the place for me. You guys can have the city, I\'ll listen to the chickens in the province.

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 07:34:41 PM »
Actually, I prefer the province as well. 

The Boni/Fort Bonifacio/Global city is very nice... looks just like any upper end city in USA... even Beverly Hills if you need something to compare it to... and yes - I would too get a 2nd place there - if I could walk away from a deal there with a smile on my face....

End the end... I must recycle my old image-post and admit that...

Fort Bonifacio..... Is..... USA !!!!!!!!!!

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 11:40:04 PM »
Yep I agree.....was in Manila over the weekend and was tempted to pop over to Global City, more to show the girls.....but as the weekend went on I got less and less interested in going

yep USA.....BTDT

Offline ricemannv

• Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 08:01:39 AM »
I will disagree with the \"USA\" tag.  It\'s upscale Philippines and still retains many of the advantages of living in the Philippines that are not available in the USA.  I\'m sorry, you are wrong about the \"USA\" tag  :-*.

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010, 08:58:08 AM »
I will disagree with the \"USA\" tag.  It\'s upscale Philippines and still retains many of the advantages of living in the Philippines that are not available in the USA.  I\'m sorry, you are wrong about the \"USA\" tag  :-*.

Heheh - ya that was just a brief exaggeration so people can get the idea that it has no squatters, chickens or wandeing goats....

If you ever just get tired of it all and wand a BIG CHANGE in the NCR region - then I highly suggest GLOBAL CITY.

I saw at least 1 member posting about \'giving up on Philippines\' - this is the place they can go to get away from it all... and still be here....

kinda nice...

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog