Author Topic: Cost of running an ac unit ?  (Read 4222 times)

Offline fred

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Cost of running an ac unit ?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 07:27:38 AM »
Cap`t..
We have a high native roof open at both ends for ventilation/air flow (Thai style).. The gap between our walls and the bottom of the roof is wider than our surrounding balcony (3 meters) which keeps the sun off of our insulated cavity walls..The final barrier in the bedrooms are the ceilings..
Filipinos have been telling me for years that native Cogon and nipa roofs keep out the heat and provide a fresh atmosphere ..Guess what?? They were right!
If I ever find  my camera lead I`ll upload some pictures for you to look at..

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 07:48:57 AM »
I\'ll have to stop by some time......you\'re in Dauis yes?

Offline fred

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 08:04:19 AM »
Always welcome..we are in Bingag..

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 09:37:22 AM »
Cap`t..
We have a high native roof open at both ends for ventilation/air flow (Thai style).. The gap between our walls and the bottom of the roof is wider than our surrounding balcony (3 meters) which keeps the sun off of our insulated cavity walls..The final barrier in the bedrooms are the ceilings..
Filipinos have been telling me for years that native Cogon and nipa roofs keep out the heat and provide a fresh atmosphere ..Guess what?? They were right!
If I ever find  my camera lead I`ll upload some pictures for you to look at..

Thats exactly what I had been thinking... Houses here just need more space between then elements and living areas for insulation... Great idea !
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 11:29:21 AM »
Just planting a few trees close to the house and painting the roof white could make a heckuva difference.
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 01:01:18 PM »
Filipinos are experts in constructing solar ovens.............................they live inside them ;D

Colin

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog