Author Topic: Why I want to leave the UK  (Read 6713 times)

Offline jonnyivy

• Sr Member
Re: Why I want to leave the UK
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2010, 11:06:30 PM »
There you are King,... but the photo\'s are taken before I had digital camera, so excuse the copies,...

The GSXR 1275 nitro,.... The V8 trike with my older kids mum,... and the chopped Ford pop

A True Friend Is Someone Who Sees the Pain in Your Eyes While Everyone Else Believes the Smile on Your Face

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2010, 11:55:56 PM »
Cool Pop! The trike piccie don\'t come through though  ???

Do you get on the NSRA forum at all in the UK?

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2010, 01:29:26 AM »
If you can\'t enough power out of a turbocharged 2.8 Four valve V6 you ain\'t trying

Me, I\'ll be content with a 2.0 with a 5:1 rear axle.......more than enough for short straights in the Philippines

I\'ve got an inkling to experiment with a straight six turbo diesel, just for the hell of it.  :D

Groovy avatar King H.  ;D

I am sure you can pay a helper to make your hot rod a 4 cylinder on paper.....jk bad joke.

I have been in PI for 3 months now, first time was one month. And well....all the things i thought where lame back home are still lame(materialism, fake lives, fake people, false sense of security etc etc.) But i sure could use a roll in the snow and a few days of hard work. The heat is getting to me and i am getting bored of island hopping if you can believe that.  ;)

I am getting home sick and its making me second guess things.

You\'d be surprised what can happen on paper for the price of a good meal.  ;D The V8 motor in my bike didn\'t actually exist, as I\'d been sold a forged paperwork for it, but a little \'coffee money\', a day in Manila for one of them,  and the girls in the LTO made it appear in the record system.

One thing you need in the PI is a hobby, a past time, something to keep you sane. I\'ve seen so many healthy guys simply whither away to a wreck because they thought they\'d be happy to simply drink beer and hang around the bar all day for ever more.

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2010, 08:45:38 AM »
One thing you need in the PI is a hobby, a past time, something to keep you sane. I\'ve seen so many healthy guys simply whither away to a wreck because they thought they\'d be happy to simply drink beer and hang around the bar all day for ever more.

I couldn\'t agree more, which is why I have included a hobby room in my house design. I am getting a bit old for this heavy engineering, but I have a box full of model aircraft engines including an OS Wankel that has never been run. The problem for me is getting glow fuel over to Palawan and getting ether to mix my own diesel fuel.

Colin

Offline heartjewel

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2010, 07:33:44 PM »
Hi Guys,
          I know what you mean about living in the UK, and Europe. Once you have lived in Asia i think it must get under your skin !!
 As we have lived out of the UK for 10yrs, and we did spend 3yrs in Spain. But on returning to Spain we could only be there for 2 months as the weather and the costs blew us away, so back we came to Thailand. So for us the move to PH is just what we need and no more shipping around the world.All we have to do is find the right place, so any advise on where would be great as it is not so easy.
And as you know us Brits do like to be around some of our own just for comfort i think ?
 We are hoping to find out as much as possible so that we can decide.
  Thanks in advance Di ;D

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2010, 09:44:41 PM »
And as you know us Brits do like to be around some of our own just for comfort i think ?

That is not a view that I share. I find that all expats share the same experiences and thoughts of our own home countries tend to fade. The same also applies with Filipinos, I am as comfortable with them, maybe even more so, than I am with foreigners.

Colin

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2010, 12:16:21 AM »

That is not a view that I share. I find that all expats share the same experiences and thoughts of our own home countries tend to fade. The same also applies with Filipinos, I am as comfortable with them, maybe even more so, than I am with foreigners.

Colin
There are a good few \'English Pubs\' dotted around Asia, usually where the English go, to watch football on wide screen, eat fish and chips or steak and chips, and drink Guiness.....  ;)

I must admit, I do go into them on occasion, usually for a bit of good old fashioned English grub.

But I generally don\'t dally long, rubbing shoulders with my fellow countrymen.... :P

Offline heartjewel

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2010, 12:14:14 PM »
Hi Guys, Sorry about the thread i did, i think it all came out wrong.
The problem we have here is the language Thai is dammed near impossible, and we have tried but it is so hard. I really agree with the comment about the Filipinos as we had good friends in the past in another part of the country. Where we live now is a bit in the sticks, and there is only a couple of Thai friends who speak a little English, so it would be great to be able to make friends with there being no language barrier.
 Hope this explains why we want to come to join you folks !!
           Cheers Di  :D

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2010, 09:44:55 PM »
Hi Guys, Sorry about the thread i did, i think it all came out wrong.
The problem we have here is the language Thai is dammed near impossible, and we have tried but it is so hard. I really agree with the comment about the Filipinos as we had good friends in the past in another part of the country. Where we live now is a bit in the sticks, and there is only a couple of Thai friends who speak a little English, so it would be great to be able to make friends with there being no language barrier.
 Hope this explains why we want to come to join you folks !!
           Cheers Di  :D
I spent ages learning to speak passable Thai. It is not too difficult to speak.

The hardest part is reading and writing it  ??? :-[ :-X

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog