Author Topic: Over the Phils and far away  (Read 3109 times)

Offline John Amend-All

• Sr Member
Over the Phils and far away
« on: February 21, 2008, 05:35:10 PM »
Hi everyone

I\'m a Brit from ...Britain, member of LINP3 for a few years now but lately mostly a lurker. Passed the stage where I need basic information but do not yet feel ready to
add my two pesos worth. Have lived in San Mateo, southern Isabela, in north east Luzon, for 20 months now. It is my asawa\'s home town.

We met when both working in Saudi Arabia in the early 1980s (blimey, was it really) and Norma came with me to UK to work. She eventually started working on me to come
back here with her and after first resistance, then acceptance from me, here we are. She has a son by her \"first\" Filipino marriage and we are in process of getting that annulled.

There is nothing special about this part of the country (ask MaxMagpie) but thats why I like it, in a way. Anyway I\'ll post about my home town on that thread.

Best wishes everyone

John

Re: Over the Phils and far away
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 05:48:45 PM »
Another Englishman, it was the \'blimey\' that gave you away  ;D Good to have another Brit on board. Where about do you hail from John?

Offline John Amend-All

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 05:15:59 PM »
Golly gosh you mean you can tell just like that! ;D

For the record we lived mostly in Watford, about 200 yards north of The Junction. Does that make me a northener?

Non-Brits please igonre this rubbish.

John

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 05:27:24 PM »

For the record we lived mostly in Watford, about 200 yards north of The Junction. Does that make me a northener?

John

Good God man, I hope not  :o I AM a Northerner from the other big junction, Crewe  :-[

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 06:07:46 PM »
Golly gosh you mean you can tell just like that! ;D

Non-Brits please igonre this rubbish.

John

North of Watford Gap, Northants not Watford, Herts is where civilizarion ends in England

You\'re fine John.....Keith on the other hand  ;)

Dave, born in Epsom kidnapped as a tot, by gypsies claiming to be my parents, held me captive in E. Yorks for 8 years when I presume the ransom was paid and was returned to \"the smoke\"  - Wembley and normal childhood began  8)

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 10:56:12 AM »

There is nothing special about this part of the country (ask MaxMagpie) but thats why I like it, in a way. Anyway I\'ll post about my home town on that thread.

Best wishes everyone

John

John,

How is my old buddy Max?  I haven\'t seen or heard from him in a while.  Kick him in the posterior and get him to post something here for me.  I miss old Maxie boy!

By the way, don\'t I know you from the old LinP3 list?  You sound very familiar and you live in the same area as another \"John\" I know but haven\'t heard from in a while.  The John I\'m thinking of had sent me some photos from his home area in the Cagayan Valley, but I lost his email address when my computer crashed and couldn\'t reply.  If it\'s you, forgive me for not writing back, but as I said, I my \'puter crashed and I lost all my email addresses.  If you\'re not him, then Welcome to the Forum!

Jack
Louisville, KY USA

Offline John Amend-All

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 11:23:09 AM »
Hi Jack

Yes, I\'m sure that\'s me! I felt guilty not keeping up to date with our correspondence but less so if you have lost my address. Anyway I have opened a thread in the photos area with my pics of the house.

I know you are now interested in Ilocos Sur, and we were there for a few days recently. I thought it was great. A bit different from the rest of the country, no rubbish lying about, few slums, nobody just hanging around. The beaches are good, too. Vigan has always been the place for Spanish heritage, and they are now starting to exploit that from a tourist point of view.

I\'m sure you will enjoy.

Best wishes

John

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 12:11:16 PM »
John,

Hey buddy!  I\'m so glad you found your way to our forum!  I missed hearing from you on occasion, and was so sad that I had lost contact with you.  Welcome to the group! 

I was hoping you had some photos of your house.  It looks great!  Just what Gloria and I have in mind. I\'m also glad you visited Vigan and gave me a report on the area.  I think it\'s just what we\'ve been looking for.  Glo has cousins who live just up the road from Vigan in San Ildefonso.  We will probably stay with them while we get our house built.  All I need now is a nice piece of land to build on.  Our next trip over we\'ll spend time in and around Vigan seeing what\'s available for sale. 

The house you\'ve built is lovely!  I\'m sure you will be very happy there.  I look forward to seeing more photos in our photo section.

My best to you and yours!

Ingat my friend!

Your buddy,
Jack 
Louisville, KY USA

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog