Author Topic: Early Photos  (Read 10428 times)

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
Re: Early Photos
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 04:32:22 AM »
Ok just two more and I should be near to satisfying your rufus request...here is myself and my wife at Ocean City , Maryland

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline jonnyivy

• Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 04:36:02 AM »
Just wondering where about in Scotland you were sailing Ron ?? I live not far from the \" Loch\'s \" , or were you out on our lovely warm sea ???

John
A True Friend Is Someone Who Sees the Pain in Your Eyes While Everyone Else Believes the Smile on Your Face

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 04:45:31 AM »
Okay, here is the last one, the one that should have been first. How sweet and innocent I look here.  God, only a mother could love that face. :P

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 07:55:42 AM »
Murf,

We need to introduce you to www.photobucket.com, just go and create an account, post only what you want the world to see as all pictures there are public not private like some sites, then use the info on this site for reference.

http://livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?topic=206.msg2592#msg2592

And then post away my friend.

Wayne

P.S. I am not on ur as*! that would be jack... ;D
Wayne  ;D ;D

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 08:46:16 AM »

Oh, so now I\'m a \"Jack-A**\", huh Wayne?   ;D ;D ;D

Hahahahaha!!!!

Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2008, 08:50:36 AM »

Hahahahaha!!!!

You always have been buddy ;D ;D ::)

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2008, 11:09:08 AM »

Hahahahaha!!!!

I thought that was a type of burro, known to carry heavy burdens and very strong, however very ornery and stubborn, likes to get its own way, and if it does not it will squat in place and wait till things go the way it wants. Seems to fit, Jack does it not? ....;D ;D ;D ;D

Wayne
Wayne  ;D ;D

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2008, 06:06:56 PM »
Wayne, I do have Photobucket and did put all those pics in there and resize them, but then for the life of me could not  figure out how to include them in my post, i Know that I put one as my signature line with photobucket, but that was one strictly for an \"image\" shot related to forums, is it possible the text block that I am writing in right now has the options (not under additional options) as in adding a attachment, but can I just use the html link provided with photobucket and add that line where I want the pic to be such as  is that correct...thanks for any input you may give me.Yeah I am really surprised that \"jack\" the wolfman did not just delete the whole pages, wouldn\'t blamed him...ahhh....the things I can still learn at my age...ain\'t life just grand , gotten run , suns coming up ...time for a black cup of \"Joe\"

Murf,

We need to introduce you to www.photobucket.com, just go and create an account, post only what you want the world to see as all pictures there are public not private like some sites, then use the info on this site for reference.

http://livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?topic=206.msg2592#msg2592

And then post away my friend.

Wayne

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2008, 07:22:55 PM »
1st pic.  Early Color - Autochrome was a popular method of producing early color photographs.  This methode was developed by the Lumiere Brothers ( Auguste & Louis Lumiere) in 1904.  It used potato starch granules, dyed & red, green, & blue, to create colored images on glass, siimilar to slide.

2nd  Box Cameras - were poupular from 19000 to the 1960\'s.  The simplicity & the portability of the camera meant that anyone could take photos.

3rd. Platinum - Popular from 1873 to 1920, this photographic method used platinum-based developing materials & placed the paper in direct contact w/ the negatives.  Although the resulting hight quality prints remained stable over time, the high price of platinum made this an expensive method.

4th. Daguerreotype - Widely used from 1839-1855.  The Daguerreotype was the first popular form of Photography.  Images were captured directly a thin piece of silver plated copper.  Because no negative was produced, copies could not be made, so each image was unique.

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2008, 07:25:06 PM »
Albumen - Widely used from 1855 to the 1980\'s, this inexpensive photographic method produced paper based photos.  Negative were captured on the glass, and the print was then created on paper that used albumen from egg whites to bind light -sensitive chemicals to paper.

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2008, 09:49:36 PM »
Albumen - Widely used from 1855 to the 1980\'s, this inexpensive photographic method produced paper based photos.  Negative were captured on the glass, and the print was then created on paper that used albumen from egg whites to bind light -sensitive chemicals to paper.

Err..!! Marie...unless you are drinking from the \'Fountain of Youth\' I doubt you are 100+ years old  :o so I guess you are something of a photography geek huh  8) clever stuff!

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2008, 10:27:18 PM »
Spent a few years living on the eastern shore, both on my boat at Georgetown on the Sassafras River and also in a little hamlet down on the Chesapeake side of the Delmarva peninsula in Virginia

The only place I lived that gives me that good vibe was the Eastern Shore (and Bohol) fishing/maritime connexions maybe....

BTW - when posting pix from photobucket, DON\'T copy the URL from \"Email & IM\" bucket BUT FROM \"IMG Code\"

The first uses a relative addressing schema, the second a physical address.......

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2008, 11:53:54 PM »
sorry captain, thought i had that part down pat after waynes help but i guess not ...usually don\'t make the same mistake more than three or 4 times...depending on what time of the day it is...lol....getting ready to go fix some softcrabs I \"shed\" out myself last summer and had them \"flashed frozen\" at Kool Ice...wish you and your\'s were here...or I was there is probably the real truth. ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2008, 01:11:37 AM »

Err..!! Marie...unless you are drinking from the \'Fountain of Youth\' I doubt you are 100+ years old  :o so I guess you are something of a photography geek huh  8) clever stuff!

Keith, Don\'t need to be clever to do that  :P.  It\'s only a photo program.  But I do love photography.

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2008, 01:58:47 AM »
Murf

In photobucket...
Go down and click on \"generate HTML and IMG code\"

Then select and copy \"IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended\"

Then just paste it into your message.
you can select preview to see if you did it correct
Then it will create a clickable image in your message

DOG TIRED! didn\'t even take off his boots.

SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog