Author Topic: Early Photos  (Read 10418 times)

Offline BigBird

• Sr Member
Re: Early Photos
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2008, 03:41:32 AM »
Is that your cocker spaniel? 

I had one for 13 years.  Great dogs!

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2008, 04:15:10 AM »
He is an Aussie
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2008, 05:26:04 PM »
1st pic.  Early Color - Autochrome was a popular method of producing early color photographs.  This methode was developed by the Lumiere Brothers ( Auguste & Louis Lumiere) in 1904.  It used potato starch granules, dyed & red, green, & blue, to create colored images on glass, siimilar to slide.

2nd  Box Cameras - were poupular from 19000 to the 1960\'s.  The simplicity & the portability of the camera meant that anyone could take photos.

3rd. Platinum - Popular from 1873 to 1920, this photographic method used platinum-based developing materials & placed the paper in direct contact w/ the negatives.  Although the resulting hight quality prints remained stable over time, the high price of platinum made this an expensive method.

4th. Daguerreotype - Widely used from 1839-1855.  The Daguerreotype was the first popular form of Photography.  Images were captured directly a thin piece of silver plated copper.  Because no negative was produced, copies could not be made, so each image was unique.

Okay, where is the La redoute pose here ?  ;D  :D

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2008, 11:53:26 PM »
I was meandering around the internet over the 4th of July weekend and found some photos from Viet Nam. To my surprise and utter astonishment, I found this old photo of me and my platoon!  This was taken near the Laotian border during one of our many operations over the border.  But that\'s off the record and I never said it.   ;)

Oh to be young and handsome again.   :\'(   ;D
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2008, 09:30:10 AM »
Stumbled across another photo of me.  :o   
If I remember correctly, this was taken in late \'71 outside Phu Bai.  This was my favorite weapon of all time.  XM21, 7.62x51mm.  In this photo it shows the rifle with the second generation night scope attached for black ops night missions. 

(Click on image to enlarge)

Oh to be 10 feet tall and bulletproof again.   ;)   ;D

Offline Beatle

• Sr Member
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2008, 11:34:30 AM »

Whos the tall guy on the left?  ;D ;D ;D     
If you treat a servant like a servant, you will lead a alone. But if you treat a servant like a leader, multitudes will follow.  Beatle

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2008, 10:12:12 AM »

Whos the tall guy on the left?  ;D ;D ;D     

The one who\'s 10 feet tall and looks to be bulletproof?   :o  ;D ;D
That was so long ago, I\'m not sure who that guy is.   ;)   ::)   8)

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2008, 01:02:50 AM »
Jack,  Thanks for the email and photo.  I don\'t know about 10 feet tall but with that XM21 7.62 in your hands you had to feel like it. I have to be honest, I was not familiar with that weapon. I tried to reply to your pm but kept getting error cannot reply to your pm.  I am still learning how to find my way around this board and how to do things, but I will get it down eventually. 

Offline LouieZ

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2008, 05:51:37 AM »
Ok here is mine 15 years ago. I don\'t look like this anymore. If you want to know how I look like now just look at my avatar  :D

I do like playing with food and knives.  ;)

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2008, 09:47:24 AM »
Ok here is mine 15 years ago. I don\'t look like this anymore. If you want to know how I look like now just look at my avatar  :D

I do like playing with food and knives.  ;)

Hahahahaha!  Louie you\'re having too much fun with that baboy!  Hahahaha! 

If you\'re into blades, you\'d love to see my collection.  I have about 125 different styles/sizes.  I plan to bring all of them with me when we relocate.  My \"man room\" will be decorated MY way!  No dang flowers or girlie things in my room.  I\'ll have my walls decorated with manly stuff; knives, swords, spears, all of my American Indian weapons and all the old Filipino edged weapons I can get my fingers on.  I love edged weapons and anything primitive. 

Of course I also love lechon baboy, as long as there\'s plenty of Mang Tomas to go with it.  MMmm-Mmmm!  Yummy!

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2008, 10:36:23 AM »

If you\'re into blades, you\'d love to see my collection.  I have about 125 different styles/sizes.  I plan to bring all of them with me when we relocate.  My \"man room\" will be decorated MY way!  No dang flowers or girlie things in my room.  I\'ll have my walls decorated with manly stuff; knives, swords, spears, all of my American Indian weapons and all the old Filipino edged weapons I can get my fingers on.  I love edged weapons and anything primitive. 

Jack, won\'t you have problems with getting your collection into the Philippines? I thought the immigration people were very strict on importing weapons.

Colin

Offline LouieZ

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2008, 01:31:36 PM »
Rufus,
You hold an automatic rifle like I do, with rifle \"butt\" under the arm pit. At least my scope is not in front of my boobs, hahaha!

Jack,
I used to be into old swords and tactical blades but now I just use kitchen knives. I\'m the better cook in my household, hehe! By the way that pic of me was taken in Laoag City in 2006. It was about 6 AM in that pic. We had just arrived from Dagupan City by van, that\'s why my bloodshot eyes and forced smile.  :D

Colin,
In \'06 there were no customs inspections to MNL or back to SFO. I walked straight out the gates at both airports. I don\'t think they are strict on knives now anyway, as long as they are checked in. In 1981 out of seven \"balisongs\" five were confiscated in SFO. Two undetected. A handmade horn handled \"29\" and a shorter horn handle double \"kris\" blade balisong. I actually had my younger sister carry them, heheh. Ok I was young and stupid then. Oh, by the way, that gun up there was made and customized in the US. DON\"T ASK! ;)

Louie

Offline LouieZ

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2008, 01:57:18 PM »
Stumbled across another photo of me.  :o   
If I remember correctly, this was taken in late \'71 outside Phu Bai.  This was my favorite weapon of all time.  XM21, 7.62x51mm.  In this photo it shows the rifle with the second generation night scope attached for black ops night missions. 

Oh to be 10 feet tall and bulletproof again.   ;)   ;D

Holy crap, excuse my Kapampangan, Gray Wolf, what do you aim at with those huge scopes, the SR-71 Blackbird?

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2008, 02:02:48 AM »

Jack, won\'t you have problems with getting your collection into the Philippines? I thought the immigration people were very strict on importing weapons.

Colin

They\'re just knives Colin.   No problem.  They\'ll go into a balikbayan box along with the kitchen utensils and some with the tools.  Wala problema.  To me a knife is a tool, nothing more.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2008, 02:11:28 AM »

Holy crap, excuse my Kapampangan, Gray Wolf, what do you aim at with those huge scopes, the SR-71 Blackbird?

Hahahaha!   No Louie, just tiny little North Vietnamese heads... at night.    :o 
The purpose of the large optics was to allow in as much ambient light as possible, then have it amplified by the electronics.  I could see pretty good at night out to about 500 meters, but it wasn\'t my favorite way to operate.

That\'s a dang nice M4 you have in that photo!   8) 
We have to talk some day, in private of course, about how you got it there.  ;) 

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog