Author Topic: Motorcycle and sidecar.  (Read 20653 times)

Offline kwmag4

• Sr Member
Motorcycle and sidecar.
« on: May 30, 2010, 05:31:30 AM »
Has anyone noticed any expats riding a motorcycle and sidecar ? I am going to look into buying a local tricycle for myself and my baggage when travelling around. Anyone have any price information ? :) Or could this be a bad idea ?

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
Re: Motorcycle and sidecar.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 08:33:04 AM »
A new tricycle will run 80 - 100k, a used one 40 - 60k, remember these have had a lot of use, they have been geared down and are not particularly good for anything but 0-40kph, over that they could become unstable.
Wayne  ;D ;D

Offline BC Boy

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 10:17:36 AM »
You can pick up passengers when you have room, at 10 peso a pop you could have your side care paid off in.....some time.  ;D

My asawa saw the op with me and says her family had a tricycle with a detachable side car when you need to be sprightly just detach and go. I like this idea.

Offline BC Boy

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 02:02:02 PM »
With your comment with an illegal operate, are we to figure that\'s your mentality?
Just trying to understand?????
B-Ray

Picture it....an americano driving a tricycle picking up Pinoy for pocket change......truly a silly picture i have painted hence the smiley at the end of original comment.

simple answer, it was a joke.

edited to delete E-sarcasm

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 02:09:27 PM »
Except you would be wearing a helmet, it always gives us away, our fear of death and dismemberment due to the carnage on the roads.
Wayne  ;D ;D

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 04:18:45 AM »
You can always go for the Filipino T-shirt turban style helmet...lol

SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline BC Boy

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 04:38:43 PM »
You can always go for the Filipino T-shirt turban style helmet...lol

they use it fishing too, can never be to carefull  ;)

If i get a bike i will probably cover up from dust/sun too.

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 12:35:10 AM »
Has anyone noticed any expats riding a motorcycle and sidecar ? I am going to look into buying a local tricycle for myself and my baggage when travelling around. Anyone have any price information ? :) Or could this be a bad idea ?

I found this one just now at 27k Or BEST OFFER !  But ya - most were as quoted before 40-60k ish used

one of MANY places to look is sulit.com.ph
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline BC Boy

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 01:11:50 AM »
probly sickest trike i have seen dillz

true story.....driver who has picked us up a few times asked me yesterday if i want to drive.  I was soooooo tempted, in fact i really want a picture of that. Stay tuned  ;D

Offline chuwachi

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 07:13:15 PM »
I have a plan for an Enduro/MX hack in Baguio, I\'ll be looking for an old thumper to pull it, maybe an XT600 or something similar. I had a CR500 MX (LH) chair in the Isle of Man, and previously my friend and I built a Husquvana 500 MX chair. It would be fantastic to have a (RH) chair in Baguio, I\'ve never seen a sidecar in Baguio at all as it\'s too hilly for the smaller bikes, a big thumper would be ideal.

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 08:16:28 PM »
I have a plan for an Enduro/MX hack in Baguio, I\'ll be looking for an old thumper to pull it, maybe an XT600 or something similar. I had a CR500 MX (LH) chair in the Isle of Man, and previously my friend and I built a Husquvana 500 MX chair. It would be fantastic to have a (RH) chair in Baguio, I\'ve never seen a sidecar in Baguio at all as it\'s too hilly for the smaller bikes, a big thumper would be ideal.

Go the whole hog, build yourself a  modern racing sidecar.......Filipinos would go nutz over it....you\'d be a star

Look at the width of the wheels, closer to batmobile than a trike
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 07:42:34 PM by Lee »

Offline chuwachi

• Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 09:00:29 PM »
Captainron, that 3rd link you posted was of Nick Crowe one of the local crew on the IoM, he had a big off when a Hare ran in front of the outfit on a flat out section. It\'s reckoned that it ran under the front wheel, got spat out into Nick\'s helmet and possibly knocked him out. They then ran into the hedge at approx 140MPH. I think Nick lost an arm in the incident, and suffered many other injuries too. Also the passenger was off his feet for a long time, pretty nasty stuff...

Offline chuwachi

• Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 04:42:58 PM »
Ideal for the terrain in Baguio!

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 06:32:09 PM »

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2010, 07:03:02 PM »
I would like to build something that looks like this, but has the front wheels more forward.

I have seen one I like, they took the front end off of a rear wheel drive car, shortened the distance between the front wheels, i.e made it narrower and grafted a motorcycle rear end to it.

I have a 150cc auto scooter I can donate to its build, but I can figure out the reverse option. I like the upright seating of the scooter or similar configuration, I want to be seen in Manila traffic not low to the ground, yet with the crappy roads I want the stability of 3 wheels, but not a rear wheel drive trike per say.

I think E.J. something like this would be great for you, but sadly nowhere to put the chair unless you had it fold up onto a rack on the back.
Wayne  ;D ;D

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog