Author Topic: Visa Extension  (Read 44490 times)

Offline Oldsalt

Visa Extension
« on: July 22, 2010, 02:27:44 PM »
I head in to the local (Lapu-Lapu) BIS in a few weeks to get a 59 day ext. Will I need a \'passport type\' photo? When I got original 59 day visa from the Philippine consulate in San Francisco I had to give them one (1) photo. Just trying to make sure I have everything when I show up and not have to spend the day chasing around town getting all the \'surprise items\'.  Thanks,

oldsalt
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 04:37:59 AM by Gray Wolf »

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
Re: Visa Extention
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 06:06:49 PM »
Yes you will......however don\'t sweat it .....Filipinos are an enterprising lot ....where there is a need there wil be a supplier close buy.

I needed exit clearance the other year and needed additional photo .....a 2 minute walk and I had what I needed

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 07:40:55 AM »
Yes you will......however don\'t sweat it .....Filipinos are an enterprising lot ....where there is a need there wil be a supplier close buy.

I needed exit clearance the other year and needed additional photo .....a 2 minute walk and I had what I needed

Get a few extras and keep them in your wallet, it is surprising how often you need them. Every time you apply for something you seem need either 2x2 or 1x1 photos.

Colin

:D My wife does that for me

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 09:54:58 AM »
I will just tell you my experiences.  I have extensions from the BI office in Tuguegarao and Manila and I did not have to provide photos.  However, in Tuguegarao they wanted a copy of the front page of my passport + a copy of the page that showed the most recent extension.  In Manila I had a travel agent take care of it and they just took my passport (and a lot of money).

If this is your first 59 day extension you will also need to get an ACR-I card.  For tourist visa ACR-I cards they just scan your passport photo for the ACR-I card.

Your total cost will be about Php 7000; Php 4800 for the extension and about Php 2200 for the ACR-I card. 

If they don\'t issue ACR-I cards at the office you are going to they will most likely send your passport and ACR-I card application to Manila.

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 11:24:14 AM »
I also, have never had to provide photo\'s upon getting extensions in Cagayan de Oro.

You do have to supply them for the ECC (Exit Clearance Certificate) tho\'

Cost was Php6,998.00

Graham

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 12:56:20 PM »
tcmss68,

Sorry, my bad. Meant to say that with the visa extension and ACR-I card it was Php6,998

Something got lost there along the way  ::) ::) (was thinking it and not typing it)  ??? ???

My ECC cost me,if I remember correctly Php750 with Php500 express fee, so Php1250 is correct.

Graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 01:50:34 PM »
I used a travel agency the first time I extended.......

then found out local BI office on the floor above them..... :D

oh the things us novices do/did

Offline BC Boy

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 12:56:12 PM »
I didnt know you could extend visa in Lapu Lapu, would have saved me a trip across the bridge to Imagrations in Mandaue. Place is busy.

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 04:09:32 PM »
I didn\'t know you could extend visa in Lapu Lapu, would have saved me a trip across the bridge to Immigration in Mandaue. Place is busy.
I didn\'t know there was one in L L... I thought you had to go to Mandaue? God Bless....
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 05:58:08 PM »
King,

I\'m presuming that the Php4,300 is on top of the cost of the visa?

As for whether it is reasonable or not, then I guess that it depends on how far away
you are from the BoI, and if you personally feel that it is reasonable.

Personally, I think they are taking advantage of you. 

I live about 10 - 15 mins away from the BoI in Cagayan de Oro. Apart
from the wear and tear on the car, it basically costs me about an hour of my time.

The only reason that I begrudge it is because I have to put on long pants. I hate them.
The time part doesn\'t worry me, coz I\'m retired. I sit in the a/c BoI and read a book while waiting.

I also chat with the staff and find that because I do I get processed quicker than some of the guys around me.

Cheers,

Graham. 

Offline Tall_man

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 06:58:53 PM »
I just had a visa waiver done, standard 21 day tourist visa, after the first couple of weeks in country. I planned to go onto Clark Base base and get it done at the local office, but then I have no transport, and I\'d need to make several taxi runs, so I asked a local travel agency to do it to make life easier until we get wheels. They charged me 4300 pesos.

On my last PI trip, I had a travel agency on Fields Ave, (Angeles City) extend my 21 day free visa exemption stamo. They charged me P3,730.

In 2007 I paid around P2,300 for the same service :(
No Where For Very Long...

Offline ROBWS

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 05:01:06 AM »
Hi all... I\'m a \"newbie\" and am planning to relocate in September or October.  I\'m American but have been living in S. America for several years.   I need an education about visas and extentions.   Can anyone help me with the basics?   I spent quite a bit of time there many years ago but I\'m sure many things have changed.  I understand I can just get on the flight and be issued a tourist visa when I arrive.  I think it\'s good for 30 days... right?   Can I get it extended easily... what\'s the process... the cost... etc.  Any and all details are appreciated.

Rob
robws@yahoo.com

Thanks

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 06:34:28 AM »

I also chat with the staff and find that because I do I get processed quicker than some of the guys around me.

100% accurate there...
A smile and happiness goes a long way there. . . and MANY places in this country . . .

I know that office personally - and have heard this from staff as well... some of them actually live in the armm region.
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 06:42:37 AM »
Hello ROBWS and welcome to the forum.   ;D

People traveling to the Philippines from most countries are given a free 21 day visa upon arrival.  When you arrive you must have an ongoing ticket to another country.  This can be in the form of a roundtrip ticket back to your originating country or a ticket on to any other country.  You can also use what is called a cheap \"throw away\" ticket.

If you wish to stay longer you can obtain a 38 day extension at any immigration office in the RP by paying the appropriate fees.  Always apply at least one week before your visa is due to expire.  Alternatively you can purchase that extension immediately upon arrival at the airport.  This will give you 59 days total.  You also may obtain a single entry visa giving you 59 days upon arrival from the RP Embassy or Consulate serving your area in your home country before you leave.   This is a money saver as the cost is about half what you would pay for your first extension ($30 vs approx $67). 

If you wish to stay longer you may continue to extend your visa in two month increments at any immigration office up to 16 months.  After that, further extensions must be approved by the main office in Manila up to a total of another 8 months (or 4 more two month extensions).  At that point you will have 24 months in country and you then must leave the country although you can return immediately to start another 24 month process.

Fees for all of the above may be found by clicking on this link;

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=282&Itemid=43
Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

Offline eatpraylove

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 01:10:27 PM »
My husband had his visa extended by a visa assistance company near the US Embassy and we just paid Php2,500 for the service on top of the immigration fees for the extension.  We did not go to BI office in Intramuros anymore. We initially tried to do the extension on our own but we backed out after seeing the long line at the BI Office.  They likewise did the 13 (A) visa application of my husband and we are very satisfied with their service. If you have patience and time to go to BI Office, you can on your own have your visa extended. Otherwise, you can have your visa extended by a travel agency or a visa assistance company.

Quote from: Tall_man link=topic=3o 939.msg32480#msg32480 date=1281178733
I just had a visa waiver done, standard 21 day tourist visa, after the first couple of weeks in country. I planned to go onto Clark Base base and get it done at the local office, but then I have no transport, and I\'d need to make several taxi runs, so I asked a local travel agency to do it to make life easier until we get wheels. They charged me 4300 pesos.

On my last PI trip, I had a travel agency on Fields Ave, (Angeles City) extend my 21 day free visa exemption stamo. They charged me P3,730.

In 2007 I paid around P2,300 for the same service :(

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog