Author Topic: Visa Extension  (Read 43464 times)

Offline saigon

Re: Visa Extention
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2011, 03:17:38 PM »
Just did my second extension at the Paranaque Satellite Office took about 30 minutes.  Both times I\'ve been there only 2-3 people processing extensions.  Got to be better than going to Intramoros.  Cost for two  month extension 2830 php.

Chuck

Just wondering if the Paranaque Office also does renewals on ACR cards or I am stuck with the Intramoros Office?

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2011, 06:21:47 PM »
Just did my second extension at the Paranaque Satellite Office took about 30 minutes.  Both times I\'ve been there only 2-3 people processing extensions.  Got to be better than going to Intramoros.  Cost for two  month extension 2830 php.

Chuck

Just wondering if the Paranaque Office also does renewals on ACR cards or I am stuck with the Intramoros Office?
As far as I know that office was closed in Dec 2010.  They did renewals but you had to come back 3 days later to get your card since they were printed at Intramoros.  BI site has an office listed at the PEZA Bldg in the same area.  Don\'t know how many office have the capability to print ACRs.  Processed my renewal at Santa Rosa, Laguna but had to pick up 3 days later.

Chuck

Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2011, 06:19:43 PM »
grag,

Done some more reading on the BB stamp and I was partly right.
You can go back to the BoI with a BB stamp and they will
extend, but it will be as a Tourist Visa. The extensions can be done for another 12 months

Graham

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2011, 09:46:37 PM »
grag,

extend, but it will be as a Tourist Visa. The extensions can be done for another 12 months

Graham

Graham,

You are correct.  Switching to the Tourist Visa you can now extend up to a total of 16 months in 1 or 2 month increments.  The 17th thru 24th month can be done the same way with a motion of reconsideration included each time(extra 510php).  Stay past 24 months can be done but require approval of Commissioner of Immigration with personal appearance.  Information is from a letter sent to me by the Acting Head, Visa Extension Office, dtd 8 Sep 2011.

Chuck

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2011, 01:55:48 PM »
grag,

Graham

Graham,

You are correct.  Switching to the Tourist Visa you can now extend up to a total of 16 months in 1 or 2 month increments.  The 17th thru 24th month can be done the same way with a motion of reconsideration included each time(extra 510php).  Stay past 24 months can be done but require approval of Commissioner of Immigration with personal appearance.  Information is from a letter sent to me by the Acting Head, Visa Extension Office, dtd 8 Sep 2011.

Chuck

Graham,

My previous response does not apply to your situation.  Your are correct you can apply for a total of 12 months total of extensions(in 6 month increments or less).  Found in FAQ of immigration site.

Chuck

Offline gemstar

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2012, 06:46:32 PM »
I\'ve been to the BI in Mandaue a few times....and I always try to have everything thats required too....becaue of the big run around.

1. Bring the photos
2. Bring passport
3. Fill out Extension form.....get a blank copy and make copies for future visits
4. Make photocopy of your ACR card and ALL the pages  in your passport that show entry into the Philippines as well as your info page.

5. FALL IN LINE

Davao city BI is a little faster that Mandaue....but be prepared to wait a while..

Offline Metz

• Sr Member
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2012, 04:12:16 PM »
Just got back from renewing visa.  Was going to do the balikbayan trip, but got too much going on here.  At intramuros BIR,  it took me one hour and 15 minutes from arrival at 10am to leaving there at 11:15am

They will do the 2 month extension early after Easter and start the one year visa process next month.  You can renew early and speed up the process.  I had a week left on my 21 day tourist visa and they renewed me today first extension.

Offline fmars

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2012, 05:38:46 AM »
Just got back from doing my visa extension from 14-16 month in the Davao office.  Ask about my next extension and letter of reconsideration.  Was told must have good reason and it(or me not sure) must go to Manila.  I was thinking extension was more or less automatic with letter and could be done in local office.  I have also read that the letter should cost 400-500p to get a lawyer to prepare.

What is true?  Amd can anyone recommend someone to prepare the letter? note live in davao but will be visiting cebu end of this month so could
get letter done in davao or cebu.   ???

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2012, 12:48:03 PM »
Just got back from doing my visa extension from 14-16 month in the Davao office.  Ask about my next extension and letter of reconsideration.  Was told must have good reason and it(or me not sure) must go to Manila.  I was thinking extension was more or less automatic with letter and could be done in local office.  I have also read that the letter should cost 400-500p to get a lawyer to prepare.

What is true?  Amd can anyone recommend someone to prepare the letter? note live in davao but will be visiting cebu end of this month so could
get letter done in davao or cebu.   ???

I think I just answered your question in LinP3.
You can go to the BoI in Davao and ask for a sample
of the \"reconsideration\" letter. you then take it to
an Attorney, probably will be one in the close vicinity
of the Davao BoI office.

It must be typed on a letterhead and notarised
by the Attorney. It cost me Php400 in CDO for the
Attorney, and a charge of Php500 by the BoI.

I think you now need 2 photo\'s, 2 copies of your
Passport info and 2 copies of the letter. You hand those
over and then they will give you the papers that are
required to be sent to the BoI Manila. I sent mine
via LBC for about Php100.

Graham

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2012, 04:25:15 AM »
It seems that so many who live in the RP continue to mess with BB Stamps and visa extensions. Why do many not just get the 13A Resident visa?  ??? ??? ???

Money is probably number one and number two might be the system.

We only live there part time so it is not practical for us and the BB is free for each and every time we come back for our yearly stays. I would say that if a person can afford it, and many who live in the Philippines either cannot or maybe their drinking budget might be more important to them than the visa,  :D then I would say to apply for the 13a while outside the Philippines so you do not have to jump through the hoops and payoffs which might be necessary to get it in country. Friends who have gotten it in country have always complained about all with their hands out along the way in the process.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2012, 07:46:40 PM »
I am new here I just want say thank you for this site its been so very useful to me my question is I have been here on and off  but now I am over stayed according to visa requirements I am in my 17 and 18 month stay I use one of those visa extension places that go to the immigration for you he is telling me he can extend me for as long as I want to stay even over the 2 year mark he says  money talks  but he charges me 4300 plus 2000 under the table to extend for another two months any problems anyone see for me doing this I would fly out to Vietnam but rite now I am finishing building my house in batangas .thank you all ..

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2012, 08:14:04 PM »
I am new here I just want say thank you for this site its been so very useful to me my question is I have been here on and off  but now I am over stayed according to visa requirements I am in my 17 and 18 month stay I use one of those visa extension places that go to the immigration for you he is telling me he can extend me for as long as I want to stay even over the 2 year mark he says  money talks  but he charges me 4300 plus 2000 under the table to extend for another two months any problems anyone see for me doing this I would fly out to Vietnam but rite now I am finishing building my house in batangas .thank you all ..

IMO and from some people I know, anything done illegally might bite you upon exit. If you do decide to go that route, make sure to keep all BI receipts from day one and have them with you and play dumb when leaving and even that might not help since you will probably need an exit clearance and that might be where things get touchy, so if you ever plan to leave, then that might be when you end up paying the piper. The Philippines has a habit of fining and blacklisting people who do not follow the rules, so pushing the envelope might mean a nasty BI official could blacklist you and then you would never be able to reenter the Philippines ever again. Would you be willing to chance that? My opinion is to do all things legally and for the extra money you would have to pay, it would be better to take a cheap flight out for even part of one day.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2012, 08:45:41 PM »
wildbill,

Mr. Lee is telling you NOT to do that, and I second him. You will get in all sort of s**t
if you go that route you are destined for disaster. You are building a house and you want
 to flirt with being deported? Surely you can lay off your workers for a day or two?

Get yourself down to the BoI pronto, DO NOT use a \"fixer\" tell them that you have overstayed.
Be upfront. Pay the fines that have to be paid. Get on a flight to Kota Kinabalu or
some other cheap place. Then return. DO NOT forget your \"on-going\" ticket.

You are not that far over, if I\'m correct the fine is Php500 for each month
plus the cost of the extentions.

The Php6K+ that these people will charge you for doing something illegal
will most probably pay for all your fines etc. This is my honest advice to you.

Graham

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2012, 11:06:30 PM »
wildbill,

Mr. Lee is telling you NOT to do that, and I second him. You will get in all sort of s**t
if you go that route you are destined for disaster. You are building a house and you want
 to flirt with being deported? Surely you can lay off your workers for a day or two?

Get yourself down to the BoI pronto, DO NOT use a \"fixer\" tell them that you have overstayed.
Be upfront. Pay the fines that have to be paid. Get on a flight to Kota Kinabalu or
some other cheap place. Then return. DO NOT forget your \"on-going\" ticket.

You are not that far over, if I\'m correct the fine is Php500 for each month
plus the cost of the extension.

The Php6K+ that these people will charge you for doing something illegal
will most probably pay for all your fines etc. This is my honest advice to you.

Graham
I also agree. The only ones who will benefit from the fixer\'s illegal doings will be the fixer and you will take the fall. 1st call the BI to verify if you are actually over. Look at your passport and look for the last extension BI gave you. It will say the date of expiration. If only for a month or two, BI is usually forgiving as long as you are honest and up front about it. You will be charged some fees and advised what to do next whether an extension request to Manila or told to do a departure and return. Just do it above board you you should be ok. God Bless....
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP LEE ***

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2012, 11:16:08 AM »
thank you all im over stayed 17 and 18 month so I will look for a plane ticket to what maybe vietnam thank you. for helping.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog