Author Topic: Visa Extension  (Read 44021 times)

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
Re: Visa Extention
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2012, 08:10:36 AM »
well just d.I think I\'m getting to old -?can we still use that quote thank you so much all for helping me to understand wow it can be a hard thing just to live here now All I  Need is a ongoing ticket not the fraud one Cebu airlines printed me and yes I definitely don\'t want trouble .I like to follow the rules after all .Ty all.

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2012, 02:27:30 PM »
question do I need exit clearance to fly out if so where do you get one.

Online bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »
question do I need exit clearance to fly out if so where do you get one.

WB,

You will need EEC and travel tax.  EEC can be obtained at main immigration offices(Manila, Cebu & Davao).  Travel tax can be obtained at airport or Department of Tourism.  Need eticket for both, EEC requires 5 or 6 passport photos depending on the office.  Travel tax is 1620 php, EEC is 500-1300 php(I only paid express lane fee) assumed the rest of the fees were paid with extensions. ::) ;D

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2012, 01:39:29 PM »
WB,

Like Chuck (Big Rod) I exited Bangkok in March this year.
I also, was asked for my on-going ticket out of the Phil.
I have been here 4 years. I had purchased a ticket from
Tiger Airways leaving Clark (outside of Manila) to Kota Kinabalu (Indonesia),
for Php2K.

My dear Janet unknowingly lost the ticket and I was not aware of it.
We were held up in BKK until I managed to purchase a
an on-going ticket from Cebu-Pacific for $80.

We would have missed the flight from BKK to Mnla because
of that hold-up, and it would have cost me a ticket again
from BKK to Mnla (Janet could have gone ahead) Due to
blind bloody luck, the flight from BKK to Mnla was delayed
nearly 3 hours.

It\'s not hard to follow the rules, and if you don\'t know
the rules, then, like you are doing, ask questions on
this site. We were all, once, newbies, so we understand
your predicament and all of us here will be only too happy
to help and supply you, to the best of our ability, the answers.

Have a good time in BKK.  Grab the Skytrain to MBK mall.
You can\'t miss it, the train actually terminates at MBK, and you
walk off the train into MBK. Only one line in and out, hard to get lost.
We boarded at Nana Station Purok 7.

Graham   

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2012, 02:44:40 PM »
Good morning, I am up for my first 16 months and need to leave the country and re-enter.  I live in Tacloban City and know that I will have to go to either Manila or Cebu to leave.  In your experience
1. what\'s the cheapest place to go?
2. Whats the cheapest throw-away?
3. Do you pay the exit fee at the airport?
4. Am I missing anything?

All I want to do is leave and come back to comply with the laws, I am not interested in visiting anywhere else just how to accomplish the law in the cheapest most expedient way.
Thanks Lee
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Online bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2012, 07:05:16 PM »
Good morning, I am up for my first 16 months and need to leave the country and re-enter.  I live in Tacloban City and know that I will have to go to either Manila or Cebu to leave.  In your experience
1. what\'s the cheapest place to go?
2. Whats the cheapest throw-away?
3. Do you pay the exit fee at the airport?
4. Am I missing anything?

All I want to do is leave and come back to comply with the laws, I am not interested in visiting anywhere else just how to accomplish the law in the cheapest most expedient way.
Thanks Lee

If your  looking cheapest check discount carriers(Cebu Pacific, Air Asia, Tiger Air, etc).  Kota Kinabalu seems one of the cheapest always, unless special available.  I got Cebu Pacific MNL-Hong Kong for 800 php plus taxes, fuel. etc.  You can catch the very next return flight.  If you find the cheapest and plan immediate return book R/T and 1 way through.  By the way throw away does not have to be from airport you arrive in Philippines at.

Chuck

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2012, 10:20:31 PM »
Just want to thank you all for helping me this sure is a great site I give many thanks to the owner smart Idea for sure. now I have Togo to BI for clearance to go out we are cutting it close cause we booked two tickets without knowing you must get a clearance first maybe the manila main bi can get it in one day I sure hope so I don\'t want to loose my money for those tickets.at least now I know the procedures  for going out thank you. for your help,GOD BLESS you all.and stay safe always.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2012, 11:10:40 PM »
The cheapest throw away ticket I have found is a ship from Zamboanga to Malaysia which most people would never bother to take but it would work for those of you in country who go to a mall and buy one, but for those out of the country I do not believe there would be a way to buy one so an airline ticket as mentioned by others would have to be the way to go.

To Coleman do not forget to get an exit clearance before trying to leave, that is of course if on a tourist visa.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Online bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2012, 08:03:52 AM »
I was wrong the base fare was 488 php but with taxes and fuel charge the total 1893 php.

Chuck

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2012, 06:36:09 PM »
Actually, stuff in the Philippines isn\'t as cheap as they used to be...
Food prices have risen to levels that are approaching the west, and do the math on land prices.
A sack of rice is cheaper here than there, and so is bulk land in rural BFE United States
Some things are still cheap, but not everything.
To me it is not the prices that are attractive, it is the place, the climate, and the people.

The only stuff that is insanely cheap, is the stuff they tax the s#!t out of here like alcohol and tobacco.
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2013, 04:47:12 PM »
I had a pleasant suprise this afternoon.

I apologise if this has been posted about before, although I can't ever remember seeing it.  I had to go to the Immig. Dept. today to renew my Tourist Visa for 6 months. I had come back into the Philippines from Bangkok on a BB stamp March 2013.

I handed over the usual paperwork and sat down to wait. My wife took Php10K out of my wallet, ready to pay. Last March it cost me about Php9K. While waiting I happened to see 2 of the clerks chatting to each other and looking at me.

A little while later one of the girls motioned to my wife and she got up and paid the money over. I noticed that as she came back she still had a few large denomination notes still in her hand.

Finally received my passport back with a 6 month stamp in it. We walked outside and I asked how much she paid.

Php4,830 she said. How come, I replied??

As I will be turning 70 in a short while I was classified as a Senior Citizen and therefore had gotten a rebate of a little bit over Php4,000.

Graham.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2013, 05:22:37 PM »
graham,
If you just returned to the Philippines on March 2013 on a BB stamp, you can stay in the Philippines until March 2014 before you would need to apply for an extension! Where did you get your 6 month visa extension? I too am on 2nd 6 month visa extension from the BI field office in Sta. Rosa, Laguna which will be good until Feb 8, 2014, because my BB stamp had expired on Feb 8, 2012 and we didn't want to do a visa run again.
I'm now 65 and paid P8740 for my 2nd 6 month visa extension!
Something is fishy why you have applied for a 6 month visa extension when your BB stamp doesn't expire until Mar 2014 if you just arrived on March 2013!  ??? 
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2013, 08:31:44 PM »
If anyone lives close to Batangas City the BI there charges 500 pesos for ECC clearance Total price and 2800 for extensions after the first 59 days why manila charges more IDK. and no wait for ECC same day within 15 Min's never any long lines there. JUST a Thought.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2013, 09:13:03 PM »
If anyone lives close to Batangas City the BI there charges 500 pesos for ECC clearance Total price and 2800 for extensions after the first 59 days why manila charges more IDK. and no wait for ECC same day within 15 Min's never any long lines there. JUST a Thought.
WB,
How far is Canlubang or Lipa, Batangas to the BI field office in Batangas City? I got the address, but no maps!
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2013, 10:50:48 PM »
Graham,
Start a new topic about Visa extensions, because our posts are not showing up when I go to this topic title, because this title is so old!

Jack fixed it and all posts are showing up now.

Graham must have meant sometime in 2012 since a BB stamp is good for one year, so his would still have been good if it were from 2013???

Also I have to wonder how a non citizen would get a citizen discount?????
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog