Author Topic: Visa Extension  (Read 44000 times)

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
Re: Visa Extention
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2013, 11:05:33 PM »
Yup! I'm curious too and that's why I made a new topic in reference to his OP! Good that this topic got fixed now! Thanks Jack!
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2013, 02:36:42 AM »
Yup! I'm curious too and that's why I made a new topic in reference to his OP! Good that this topic got fixed now! Thanks Jack!

Just doing my job, bro, just doing my job.   8)
Louisville, KY USA

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2013, 07:27:10 AM »
If anyone lives close to Batangas City the BI there charges 500 pesos for ECC clearance Total price and 2800 for extensions after the first 59 days why manila charges more IDK. and no wait for ECC same day within 15 Min's never any long lines there. JUST a Thought.
WB,
How far is Canlubang or Lipa, Batangas to the BI field office in Batangas City? I got the address, but no maps!
Art I don't know the disstance but I go up to the Star tollway then travel south til it dead ends pass threw the toll way then you will see a round about first  just turn left like going around the round about  then Turn again right then go straight ahead til you see the Batagas city port Bridge don't go over it go to the right side of it just under the underpass turn left BI is then on your right side but very fast for ECC or visa but no BB stamp extension there they not yet set up for it he says anything else is way cheaper than any where else. Art if your close to Star toll-way no problem do you live in Laguna close to festival mall for me I find Bi in batangas easy to find and problem free never a wait and no hassels at all.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 07:29:22 AM by wildbill »

• Sr Member
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2013, 10:46:42 AM »
If anyone lives close to Batangas City the BI there charges 500 pesos for ECC clearance Total price and 2800 for extensions after the first 59 days why manila charges more IDK. and no wait for ECC same day within 15 Min's never any long lines there. JUST a Thought.
WB,
How far is Canlubang or Lipa, Batangas to the BI field office in Batangas City? I got the address, but no maps!
Art I don't know the disstance but I go up to the Star tollway then travel south til it dead ends pass threw the toll way then you will see a round about first  just turn left like going around the round about  then Turn again right then go straight ahead til you see the Batagas city port Bridge don't go over it go to the right side of it just under the underpass turn left BI is then on your right side but very fast for ECC or visa but no BB stamp extension there they not yet set up for it he says anything else is way cheaper than any where else. Art if your close to Star toll-way no problem do you live in Laguna close to festival mall for me I find Bi in batangas easy to find and problem free never a wait and no hassels at all.
Good info Bill. Festival Mall is in Alabang, the opposite direction of Batangas and we live about a 20 minute drive away from there, but we are closer to Calamba on SLEX heading to Batangas.
Besides, I would rather drive to Batangas than in the crazy streets of Manila!  >:( 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 04:41:05 PM by Art, re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2013, 10:52:25 AM »
graham,
If you just returned to the Philippines on March 2013 on a BB stamp, you can stay in the Philippines until March 2014 before you would need to apply for an extension! Where did you get your 6 month visa extension? I too am on 2nd 6 month visa extension from the BI field office in Sta. Rosa, Laguna which will be good until Feb 8, 2014, because my BB stamp had expired on Feb 8, 2012 and we didn't want to do a visa run again.
I'm now 65 and paid P8740 for my 2nd 6 month visa extension!
Something is fishy why you have applied for a 6 month visa extension when your BB stamp doesn't expire until Mar 2014 if you just arrived on March 2013!  ???

Art,

I realised about 10 mins ago that I made a typo!!! Silly me.
Should read 2012.

Graham

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2013, 10:57:05 AM »
Graham,
Start a new topic about Visa extensions, because our posts are not showing up when I go to this topic title, because this title is so old!

Jack fixed it and all posts are showing up now.

Graham must have meant sometime in 2012 since a BB stamp is good for one year, so his would still have been good if it were from 2013???

Also I have to wonder how a non citizen would get a citizen discount?????

Art,

Senior Citizen is a generic term applied to people who are of an advanced age.
It doesn't mean that I'm a Philippine Citizen.

I can't, for instance, apply for the Senior Citizens discount card
as this applies to Phil. citizens only.

Graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2013, 11:06:03 AM »
Graham,
So, that solves the mystery! You're good to go with your 6 month visa extension like me! Did you ever meet up with that fella who also lives in Garden Villas I refereed to you? I just know him from another forum, but never met him in person, still pending.  :o :o
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 02:45:39 AM by Gray Wolf »
"Que Sera Sera"!

• Sr Member
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2013, 11:11:17 AM »
Graham,
Start a new topic about Visa extensions, because our posts are not showing up when I go to this topic title, because this title is so old!

Jack fixed it and all posts are showing up now.

Graham must have meant sometime in 2012 since a BB stamp is good for one year, so his would still have been good if it were from 2013???

Also I have to wonder how a non citizen would get a citizen discount?????

Art,

Senior Citizen is a generic term applied to people who are of an advanced age.
It doesn't mean that I'm a Philippine Citizen.

I can't, for instance, apply for the Senior Citizens discount card
as this applies to Phil. citizens only.

Graham
I know what the "general term" means, but I just don't understand why the people at the BI office where you got your 6 month extension from gave you a discount! They didn't give me a discount and I'm a Fil/Am over 65 yrs old! Maybe I look young at my old age! ??? :o ;) 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 12:22:52 PM by Art, re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2013, 04:41:30 PM »
WB,
Good info Bill. Festival Mall is in Alabang, the opposite direction of Batangas and we live about a 20 minute drive away from there, but we are closer to Calamba on SLEX heading to Batangas.
now I know calamba just pass carmonia exit just goto the end of slex

• Sr Member
Re: Visa Extentions or ECCs
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2013, 04:45:06 PM »
Yup! pass Carmona, Sta Rosa, Calamba and Canlubang to the end of SLEX and then on to Batangas!
I rather drive to Batangas any day than in the crazy streets of Manila!
I don't why, but our BI field office here in Sta Rosa, Laguna do not process ECCs anymore! Now they tell everyone to go to Manila or at the airport for 13a/g visa holders to get it there! That sucks! So, when we need a ECC, we will get it in Batangas as you suggest Bill! 
Maybe by me posting this here, everyone will be headed off to Batangas! >:(
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 04:53:47 PM by Art, re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2013, 05:04:21 PM »
ART they do process 13a there but just to make it sure the ECC is also for 13a holders here the number 043-723-3032 or 043-723-2784  but I am sure they do they process it there but just so I provide the numbers to they did mine there last year to the fee is 500 only no more not even exspress lane fee but they do not do extensions for the BB stamp yet.he also told me they do the yearly face to face there to.very easy in and out very nice group of people working there no bad attitudes at all.they are layed back kinda folks.try it. one last thing they wont like it if anyone tries to give them money for any reason these guys are no currupt.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 05:06:03 PM by wildbill »

• Sr Member
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2013, 05:23:09 PM »
Good info again Bill! Thanks a bunch!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2013, 10:55:24 PM »
Where were you guys at?  I just got back from Festival Mall.  Spent 4 hours down there by myself and bought a 3pk of socks.
Whatever floats your boat.

• Sr Member
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2013, 11:04:20 PM »
Bud,
I don't drive that far in my old "Little Red" Toyota and if I could, it wouldn't
be just for socks, but I do need at least 6 pair of new underwear!  ??? :o ;)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 11:40:36 PM by Art, re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2013, 11:10:36 AM »
HA I don't wear socks anymore its just to hot for them no American under wear here they make the under wear here to fit half way down  your  Butt and I don't like that.I have tried many but my wife winds up wearing them around the house he he with a T-shirt  that's funny any ways festival mall is far from here to we go to Lipa some times and some times when she goes to her moms I go out alone I love to be alone some times.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog