Author Topic: Visa Extension  (Read 43957 times)

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Visa Extention
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2013, 11:58:31 AM »
WB, is your profile picture current? I was at the McDonalds in Lipa City a few months back and saw a large expat that kinda looked like you, but older. When I say large I mean linebacker large not fat. We were looking at properties but decided we didn't like Lipa City proper, too congested. Did find a place we liked in Mataas Na Kahoy but as soon as the landlord showed up and saw me the rent price jumped 2K after the caretaker had already told us the price. Go figure.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2013, 12:02:04 PM »
Yeah Bill, was that you at McDonald's in Lipa, Batangas?

Dan is it aka medic3500? May I call you Dan?,
Looks like a nice place, but looks sort of like a "Jungle Theme" to me!  ??? :o ;)

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=Mataas+Na+Kahoy&rlz=1C1FDUM_enPH474PH476&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=VyU5UsHuL-2Qige_soC4Bw&ved=0CDoQsAQ&biw=1120&bih=635&dpr=1

Art
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 12:13:28 PM by Art, re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2013, 12:40:53 PM »
Art, yes Dan is my given name you can call me almost anything and I will answer, just don't call me late for dinner.
I kinda fell in love with Mataas Na Kahoy, the GF not so much. She was born and raised in the concrete jungle of Manila, getting her to move to a more laid back, less polluted environment has become more difficult than I initially thought it would.
This is off subject, but one of the reasons I really liked the area is after the first landlord tried to raise the price we were walking around town looking for more places and I saw a female PNP so I ask directions. She said she would be off work in 10 minutes and had a car and would love to show us around which she did. We ended up having dinner with her and her female friend, saw several properties and got several leads. I will have to admit it was one of the best days I've had with hospitality here. I'm sure there are underlying reasons why this lady spent 4 hours of her off duty time showing us around as she knew all of the people we were meeting who had properties for rent.

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2013, 07:10:26 PM »
WB, is your profile picture current? I was at the McDonalds in Lipa City a few months back and saw a large expat that kinda looked like you, but older. When I say large I mean linebacker large not fat. We were looking at properties but decided we didn't like Lipa City proper, too congested. Did find a place we liked in Mataas Na Kahoy but as soon as the landlord showed up and saw me the rent price jumped 2K after the caretaker had already told us the price. Go figure.
it probably was me I do tend to still work out  a little PT to stay heart healthy  every day keeps the doc away I hope. and the pic was from may 2010 so now im kinda adding some dye to my hair these days.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 07:14:00 PM by wildbill »

• Sr Member
Re: Visa Extension
« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2014, 10:30:47 PM »
My visa extension is coming up again next month!
I just downloaded and printed out the new Visa Extension Application. Instead of the 1 page application form we are all used to, it's now in 2 parts 5 pages total, which looks like that the first copy shall be submitted together with all the documents pertaining to the application and the second copy is intended for application of Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-Card) to be submitted in a separate folder, which I won't need since my ACR I-Card is still good for another 6 months!
What a bunch of red tape bureaucratic BS! My application form and with my other document attachments came out to 13 pages total, not including my 2x2 photo. ::) ??? :o :(
To make this OP of mine shorter, just download the attached thumbnail below of the new visa extension application forms and instruction pages and see for yourself the added pages just to apply for a visa extension, which was only a one page application form previously and with less attachments before!

« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 11:53:15 PM by Gray Wolf »
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2014, 11:43:59 PM »
Art,

Extended my Visa at the Santa Rosa office on 11 Jul, they are still handing out the one page application(old form).  They just glue the 2x2 picture to the top left of form.  I know the instructions say to use only the new application, but this being the Philippines it appears to be hit and miss.  I will check again next week as I have go back and pick up my new ACR card.

Chuck
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 11:53:40 PM by Gray Wolf »
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

• Sr Member
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2014, 11:52:20 PM »
Chuck,

I called them today and the person I spoke with said they now use the new ever so improved tourist visa extension form! So, I downloaded it from my PC today and found all of my documents and a 2X2 photo that stills looks like me to attach to my 5 page application form for my 4th 6 month visa extension, which falls under the provisions of RA6768 of the BB Program! 
So, I'm good to go, just still have to fill in the blanks on the form!
Anyway, may last day is NLT Aug 8! :o ??? ;)

Art
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 10:56:23 PM by Gray Wolf »
"Que Sera Sera"!

• Sr Member
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2014, 04:03:22 PM »
My visa extension is coming up again next month!
I just downloaded and printed out the new Visa Extension Application. Instead of the 1 page application form we are all used to, it's now in 2 parts 5 pages total, which looks like that the first copy shall be submitted together with all the documents pertaining to the application and the second copy is intended for application of Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-Card) to be submitted in a separate folder, which I won't need since my ACR I-Card is still good for another 7 months! Fortunately I still have 8 months before my U.S. passport expires, which I plan to renew in the U.S. during our vacation next year in January.
What a bunch of red tape bureaucratic BS! My application form and with my other document attachments came out to 13 pages total, not including my 2x2 photo. ::) ??? :o :(
To make this OP of mine shorter, just download the attached thumbnail below of the new visa extension application forms and instruction pages and see for yourself the added pages just to apply for a visa extension, which was only a one page application form previously and with less attachments before!
Just an update after filling out the new visa extension form today on my PC using Adobe 9 to print out what was entered on the form. Adobe 9 will not save the filled in page to one's PC once it's printed out and closed out. 
The 3 page Part 2 of the form is for the general instructions and the ACR I-Card renewal, which I won't need since my current ACR I-Card is still good for another 7 months.
The new visa application form is still about the same as the previous form with more blocks and space, but it does require 2 character references and a 2x2 photo glued on to the application form (I used a thin double stick tape). The total number of pages still was 13 pages total, because they asked for receipts of my 3 previous extensions, pages from my U.S. passport: front page with all the bio data with the arrivals/departures, visa extension stamps and dates and a copy of my current ACR I-Card front and back.   
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2014, 03:23:51 PM »
Just did my 3rd extension, CDO office Mindanao,
on July 25th. I was 5 days over, should have done
it by the 20th. I was sick for a few days in the lead up.

I have the forms pre-filled out in Word. Printed off the
2 forms, then signed and dated one. I had my passport
requirements copied to one page, only 1 photo required,
which I pasted on.

Arrived at the office, placed the 3 forms on the desk. I
was then asked to fill out another small document, about
one-third the size of an A4, with my name, address, marital
status and reason for attending the office, then sign it.

Again, more useless, duplicated paperwork. I was not hit
with a fine for overstaying. The cost of this extension was Php3,800

Graham   

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2014, 03:24:04 PM »
Just did my 2 month extension(5th-6th month) at the new Robinson's Mall, Pala-Pala, Dasmarinas, Cavite office.  Only one there, took about 15 minutes start to finish.  They open at 10am, same as Mall opening, seating for about 12 people.  Cost of 2 month extension was PHP 2830.

Chuck

• Sr Member
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2014, 04:29:02 PM »
I'm on my last 4th 6 month 9(a) tourist visa extension under the provisions of RA6768, the Balikbayan Progam from our local BI Field Office, which at the end of it's expiration will be my 24 month total stay, not including my expired 1 yr BB stamp. So, that makes it a total stay of 36 months before I have to leave the Philippines, return and do it all over again, but if I can get my Permanent Resident Visa (Special SRRV - Retired military) prior to or after our return to the Philippines, I won't have to do anymore visa extensions before the expiration of my next BB stamp!   
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 04:40:22 PM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline markmetz57

« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2015, 12:41:57 AM »
Anyone have experience getting an extension on a 30 days visitor visa at terminal 3 at the airport in Manila?   i have read several times people getting extensions at the airport.

Offline copusmaximus

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2015, 07:21:19 PM »
yes when i arrived here last year july i got visa extended at airport no problems 3000 peso you get 59 day visa stamp in passport.

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2015, 08:34:50 PM »
If you have time get the 59 day visa at the embassy/consulate nearest to you.

Offline cvgtpc1

• Sr Member
« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2015, 12:32:27 AM »
yes when i arrived here last year july i got visa extended at airport no problems 3000 peso you get 59 day visa stamp in passport.

Did that turn the 30 day into a 59 day or add 59 to the original 30?

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog