Author Topic: Singapore visa  (Read 1953 times)

Singapore visa
« on: March 01, 2008, 11:23:30 AM »
The Singapore immigration web site has a list of countries whose citizens are NOT permitted to enter without a visa. RP does not appear on the list, from which I deduce that Filipinos can enter Singapore without a visa for short tourist visits.

However I have learnt to mistrust this type of deductive logic when applied to government departments. I would be much happier if I could see a list of countries whose citizens MAY enter Singapore with NO visa but I can\'t find one.

Can anyone advise from their personal knowledge what the situation is?

Re: Singapore visa
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 11:31:01 AM »
The Singapore immigration web site has a list of countries whose citizens are NOT permitted to enter without a visa. RP does not appear on the list, from which I deduce that Filipinos can enter Singapore without a visa for short tourist visits.

However I have learnt to mistrust this type of deductive logic when applied to government departments. I would be much happier if I could see a list of countries whose citizens MAY enter Singapore with NO visa but I can\'t find one.

Can anyone advise from their personal knowledge what the situation is?

Ken,

Dee & I have been to Singapore & neither of us needed a Visa. I think you will find they are part of ASEAN which members do not need a visa for.

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 11:44:09 AM »
Singapore is a member nation of the ASEAN.  Visas are not required of Filipinos.  Singapore provides a Social Visit Pass for Filipinos on arrival for a stay of 14 or 30 days (free of charge).  Extension of stay up to 3 months may be possible (fee for extension of social visit pass is SGD 40).

Offline jonnyivy

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 12:25:34 AM »
Just passed through Singapore ( stopping over for 2 days ) with my Filipio wife, no questions asked, just stamped both our passports with a stamp reading \" stay of 30 days max \"
No need for advance visa or the likes

John
A True Friend Is Someone Who Sees the Pain in Your Eyes While Everyone Else Believes the Smile on Your Face

Offline michael16136

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 10:06:09 AM »
We had a somewhat similar experience. When I was in the hospital in Singapore for three weeks, my wife came over to stay with me during the latter part of my stay. She traveled on her own from the Philippines to Singapore and had no problems as all getting through passport control.

Offline Manila Cockney

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 02:14:08 PM »
And if you want to stay longer all you need to is go across the border to Malaysia where a visa is also not required and come back again. You can also go by boat to Indonesia and come back.
Same in Hong Kong just go to Macau for the day, no visa also required.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog