Author Topic: Can a Non-citizen Own Real Property in the Philippines?  (Read 1474 times)

Offline MontyMonk

Can a Non-citizen Own Real Property in the Philippines?
« on: August 25, 2010, 01:38:15 AM »
After a business/pleasure trip to Boracay, my wife and I are seriously considering a permanent move.† However, I can not seem to find a straight answer regarding land ownership.† I know that some developing countries have a policy that only citizens can own land while others must simply lease it from the state. This is a measure they take to keep wealthy foreign investors from buying the land out from under the citizens and then forcing them out through gentrification (a policy i totally understand and respect)

Please give us any input you might have...Thanks

Offline jonnyivy

• Sr Member
Re: Can a Non-citizen Own Real Property in the Philippines?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 01:50:55 AM »
Think the answer will be NO.
I\'ve read it many, many times here on this forum
A True Friend Is Someone Who Sees the Pain in Your Eyes While Everyone Else Believes the Smile on Your Face

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 02:15:34 AM »
Think the answer will be NO.
I\'ve read it many, many times here on this forum

I\'ll go with that one, there\'s no legal way for a foreigner to own, or control ownership of land.

In fact that is strictly illegal, whether you do it by way of dummy corporations, or any other means.

You will hear all sorts of scams and schemes, ways and means, but none are legal.

Not yet anyway.† ;D

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 07:40:14 AM »
This topic has been answered on so many threads in this forum. Do a search and look for it. The answer is no, you cannot own land if you are not a citizen of the RP. This thread is locked from this post.
Wayne† ;D ;D