Author Topic: Hello for long time Lurker  (Read 1855 times)

Offline scames

Hello for long time Lurker
« on: March 07, 2008, 03:26:05 AM »
Hello all,

I lurked around the Yahoo Group for some time and recently made the switch here.  I like the new site and am getting used to using it now.  It does work better than the jumble of the Group structure, thanks to those of you who maintain this for us user bees.

I live near Seattle but am hoping to begin making a move to the islands later this year after I retire.  I will go for about 6 months as part of a round the world trip and if I decide it is what I want to do after that, I will move there.  My over all plan is to live in the Islands, use it as a base for trips around the world and do some writing to suppliment my retirement income.

I first went to the Philippines with the US Navy in the 80\'s but about three years ago I met a wonderful Filipino family here in the states and started going to visit them over Christmas and New Years (they go home for a month every yeart).  I have fallen in love with the people and culture.  I am not sure where I want to settle yet, but it will probably be somewhere south of Manila in the Laguna area.  I am single but have met one lady who I am becoming very close to.  However, until I am there full time and we have time to really know each other, we are keeping it a \"Friends only relationship\"; for now that works for both of us.  Being a 55 year old \"terminal bachelor\", caution is my middle name.

I love reading the questions and answers here in the Forum, but it never ceases to amaze me how many times the same things are asked and answered.  Also, so many of the questions have easy to find answers just by simple Google searches or going to obvious web sites such as embassies or gov\'t offices.  Be that as it may be, I always find something entertaining and informative when I log on.  Please keep up the good work and I hope to start adding to the discussions as time goes on.

Scames
Scames
Enjoy the Journey

Offline scames

Re: Hello for long time Lurker
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 06:24:23 AM »
Greetings,

Thanks for being the first to check out my first post here.

Yes, it was a large snake that was on display outside of a Restaurant called \"Exotic\" on the National Highway past Los Banos.  Great place with great food and several types of exotic animals/snakes on display.  This one was out of its cage and there for us to pet. 

Scames
Scames
Enjoy the Journey

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Hello for long time Lurker
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 06:52:32 AM »
Welcome aboard...

RUFUS
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons