Author Topic: Storage of car/boat  (Read 2311 times)

Offline Peter.d.m

Storage of car/boat
« on: November 15, 2010, 08:04:19 AM »
Hi Guys
New on this forum but have been living here for over three years. I am buying a 20\' boat on trailer soon and want to know if anyone knows of safe storage facility within Cebu city? Please dont even mention Cebu Yacht Club as it is totally unrealistic re pricing ;D

Offline ontime

• Sr Member
Re: Storage of car/boat
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 11:02:08 AM »
Hi Guys
New on this forum but have been living here for over three years. I am buying a 20\' boat on trailer soon and want to know if anyone knows of safe storage facility within Cebu city? Please dont even mention Cebu Yacht Club as it is totally unrealistic re pricing ;D

You got that right...

All told they are asking circa $1200.oo per month for a boat slip for any vessel plus $100 per month for parking ...plus plus plus...or $1300.oo min plus electric and water...yea man...

When you factor in pay scale for the Phils verses American pay scale  the boat slip itself cost about 27 times the American counter part or about $27,000.oo per month. {{{ About the same as the ratio for the price of a hotel room }}}

I too have been scouring the central area for storage and dockage and to be honest I have found nothing along the waters edge and no one has returned my e-mails  from any so-called storage yards.

But Emilio the owner will be back mid January And I\'m hoping he will work out something more realistic for me... other wise I\'m giving up the central Cubu area all together and going the the Carman Yard { no one ans emails or phones } OR DOWN SOUTH END OF THE island.

I will let you know what happens

Per haps one of the expats might have a corner of a yard for your vessel?

On Time
Brief candles ~ One and All ~

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog